“good hotel, great location”

Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Lynnwood, WA
“good hotel, great location”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is in a good location near dining, shopping etc. The room was comfortable and quiet and I would stay there again if I am in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed starbucks which is just down the street, and dinner at outback across the street was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It gives us great joy when our guest have the perfect stay. We appreciate your kind words.
If there is anything else we can do, please let us know. Once again, Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I've stayed at this property before and it's always been average. Everything is cosmetically updated, but there's still a very stale smell to the place.

This time around I was stuck in a room directly across from the elevator which didn't make me too happy. It was quite loud. The room was a good size. However, the heat made a ton of noise, I actually had to turn it off to get some sleep. The bed also wasn't overly comfortable which is surprising because typically Courtyards are pretty good.

Overall it's an okay place to stay. Not many other good options in the area either so it's a tough one!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jewel1356
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank You for taking your time to write us a review. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. At Courtyard Marriott we try to provide each and every guest a perfect stay. Unfortunately this wasn't the case with you.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to regain your trust in our service.

NYC
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was very impressed with the front desk Supervisor who name is Falgun Bhatt. He really took the time to listen to my severe allergies & placed me in a room that was not sprayed with chemicals & totally allergy free. The hotels I have stayed in recently in the Mystic CT area did not take that extra step as Falgun did for me. Kudo's to this staff member. Nice, clean, & a safe hotel. I enjoyed the hotel that will be coming back next weekend.

Room Tip: Real Nice hotel. Room is very clean & updated.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hartford Manchester was enjoyable.

Lancaster, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very clean and friendly staff. All the typical Courtyard "things", but what set my stay apart from other hotels was the friendly helpful staff. In particular Caitlin was warm and friendly. Her advice and helpful comments made you feel like being at home even though the weather was very cold and inhuman.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for you positive comments. It gives us great joy that we make your stay delightful. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better. Thank You!
Bayside, New York
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This Courtyard is typical for a Courtyard with the open lobby area together with the lounge and market (which I like), and with the standard rooms a smaller, boxy size (which I don't like).

I decided to stay here given that most of the hotels in Hartford were booked for the night, and it's only a convenient 10 min ride to/from downtown Hartford. Plus the rate on a weeknight is very good. The hotel is situated in an area in Manchester surrounded by several stores/malls. In fact, in the drive over from 84, all you see is stores and malls and restaurants. This Courtyard is next to a Fridays.

The 2 staff I encoutered were friendly and answered any question I had, and you can treat yourself to some free popcorn in the lobby. There was also a pool and a workout area nearby on the 1st floor that seemed nice although I didn't use either.

My average rating is for the rooms. The standard size room at a Courtyard just seems too small with a boxy feel to it. In addition, the sheets/blankets on the bed were just too thin and the bathroom towels were too thin as well, which is not ideal when you are in CT in December.

I would consider staying here again, but probably wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your comment, that will help us to fix and improve our service. Our goal is to provide a perfect service.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you to make your next stay even better.
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great job on the renovations. Rooms and new lobby came out great. Booked a room as a treat for the kids , they got to go away and have fun playing in the pool and hot tub. The place was super clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review. We are glad to hear that your kids had a great time during your recent stay. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even better.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight on a recent business trip. I am a frequent business traveler, preferring Marriott and Hyatt brand hotels. Courtyards overall tend to be a little variable - and this is definitely a better one. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Size of the room was great and the lobby, coffee area was spacious and well lit. The soundproofing could do with a bit of an upgrade, but that's really the only thing I could find to improve. I will stay here again when my travels take me this way. Very close to the mall and many dining options if you want that.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Manchester, CT and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. We are very pleased you found our location and friendly staff accommodating to your travel needs.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better on your next visit.
Thank You!