“Great Breakfast!!”

Chez Ben Diner
Ranked #13 of 201 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, French
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to try this local diner. Hailed as an American & Canadian restaurant, it piqued my interest. It did not disappoint us. My family had a great breakfast.

I had the Breakfast Poutine, substituting ham/bacon with creton. The dish was served with scrambled eggs over home fries and creton, with Canadian cheese and gravy. Delicious!!! I am a hearty eater and would recommend getting the small portion. It comes with a side of toast, mine was rye, and filled me-up.

My kids had pancakes looking like Mickey and Minney Mouse. They were light and fluffy and tasted great (I had to sample them for myself!). They had real maple syrup, for an up charge, but it was worth it. Each came with a side of bacon and Canadian Bacon. My son says he will only eat Canadian bacon from now on.

My wife had Annie's breakfast sandwich. This was a fried egg with Canadian bacon and cheese on a hard roll. She said the egg was cooked just right and the Canadian bacon enhanced the overall sandwich.

We will come back again. Next time for lunch to try some other dishes on the menu.

My only negative comment is that the portion of the restaurant we sat in was rather chilly. I would recommend sitting in the main part of the restaurant.

Service was very good. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were going to be in the area for breakfast and wanted to find a new place to go. Trip advisor had good reviews of Chez Ben Diner and we were not disappointed. Pancakes were delicious and huge and it was worth the extra money for the real maple syrup. The veggie omelette was very tasty and full of well cooked veggies. Coffee was hot and just the right strength. Good service and an extensive menu that will take some time to try.

1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My mother in law has always talked about this restaurant! So, one day we decided to try it. We are so glad we did! They are one of the few restaurants that serve breakfast after 11:00. They have a large selection on their menu and everything we have tried is delicious! From coconut French toast, to poutine, to creton...yum! It's a friendly place with great food! Try it, you'll love it! They are only open til 2:00, so go early!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here with my Pepere since I was a little peanut and now that I am 31 and married I bring my husband! Food is good and if the kitchen does mess up (rarely) they are happy to fix it! They serve some great Canadian favorites you just can't get anywhere like Poutine (they serve like 8 versions!) Creton, meat pie and of course Sugar pie!!!!!!! You have got to stop in and try it you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

On several trips to Montreal in the past I've had, perhaps, too much of a good time and found myself stumbling back with a hunger in my belly. At such moments there's only one thing that can satisfy my cravings: poutine. That delightful combination of french fries, gravy, cheese, and who knows what else.

Sadly, in the US most places replace the good Canadian cheese with "American Cheese" which is really more of a processed food product. This ruins the experience. Such is NOT the case at Chez Ben. Here you get authentic poutine in one of about 12 different configurations and it is delicious. Service is excellent, friendly, and fast too.

However, be warned, they're only open from 6am-2pm. So, if you're looking for Poutine as late night drunk food, you'll have to visit Chez Ben to cap off a phenomenal night, or visit during the mornings when you can discover that perhaps it tastes even better when sober.