“Great meal”

Chez Ben Diner
Ranked #16 of 206 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, French
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great food and service. Unique fare. Enjoyed a meal that I could not have guessed that I would try, let alone enjoy. I am of French decent and never had a meal as well prepared and great taste.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stopped here for a late brunch, and chose Chez Ben because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Service was fast and friendly and the food was fresh and yummy! I can see why this place gets such rave reviews.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to try this local diner. Hailed as an American & Canadian restaurant, it piqued my interest. It did not disappoint us. My family had a great breakfast.

I had the Breakfast Poutine, substituting ham/bacon with creton. The dish was served with scrambled eggs over home fries and creton, with Canadian cheese and gravy. Delicious!!! I am a hearty eater and would recommend getting the small portion. It comes with a side of toast, mine was rye, and filled me-up.

My kids had pancakes looking like Mickey and Minney Mouse. They were light and fluffy and tasted great (I had to sample them for myself!). They had real maple syrup, for an up charge, but it was worth it. Each came with a side of bacon and Canadian Bacon. My son says he will only eat Canadian bacon from now on.

My wife had Annie's breakfast sandwich. This was a fried egg with Canadian bacon and cheese on a hard roll. She said the egg was cooked just right and the Canadian bacon enhanced the overall sandwich.

We will come back again. Next time for lunch to try some other dishes on the menu.

My only negative comment is that the portion of the restaurant we sat in was rather chilly. I would recommend sitting in the main part of the restaurant.

Service was very good. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were going to be in the area for breakfast and wanted to find a new place to go. Trip advisor had good reviews of Chez Ben Diner and we were not disappointed. Pancakes were delicious and huge and it was worth the extra money for the real maple syrup. The veggie omelette was very tasty and full of well cooked veggies. Coffee was hot and just the right strength. Good service and an extensive menu that will take some time to try.

1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My mother in law has always talked about this restaurant! So, one day we decided to try it. We are so glad we did! They are one of the few restaurants that serve breakfast after 11:00. They have a large selection on their menu and everything we have tried is delicious! From coconut French toast, to poutine, to creton...yum! It's a friendly place with great food! Try it, you'll love it! They are only open til 2:00, so go early!