“Too Loud At Times”
Review of Landmark Cafe

Landmark Cafe
Ranked #112 of 199 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Went to the Landmark Cafe on Saturday, February 2nd for a quick breakfast as we (boyfriend and I) were going to attend an 11 a.m. viewing of The Hobbit at Rave Cinemas. At first, we were going to have breakfast at the BrassKey, but there was an outrageous line inside the door. Seeing as we were in a hurry, and saw the Landmark Cafe's "Grand Opening" flyer (never had been there before), we decided to give it a try. Luckily, even though people were waiting to be seated, we were fortunate to have found a table for 2. A female waitress came by and asked if we wanted coffees. I replied yes, but requested that my coffee cup only be filled half way up as I add in a bit of milk. Upon her return, she brought us both our coffees, but also brought my boyfriend's coffee filled in the same "half a cup" style. She 'assumed' he also wanted his coffee this way, too. He did not. Soon after, Jeff, our waiter, came by and took our orders. I ordered the "Louisiana Chicken Omelet" (A three egg omelet stuffed with boneless chicken breast, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers and cheddar cheese. Finished with cajun hollandaise sauce) and my boyfriend ordered the "Southern Benedict" (A buttermilk biscuit topped with two scrambled eggs then smothered in our own country sausage gravy). Food was decent, but Jeff was outstanding. He was constantly checking on us to ascertain that we had all we needed and was also rather friendly and comical. An A+ for great service from a waiter. Should I go back, he will be requested to be my server. On a downside, I did find The Landmark Cafe rather boisterous much of the time. And, it was not due to any music or the sort, but by the voice level of its patrons. The loundess reminded me of a bar, yet this was not a bar, but an eatery. If you want a relatively calm breakfast experience, you may want to go to another location. I am not sure what their noise level for their dinner hours may be, but going by their breakfast hours, I can only expect the same, but who knows.

There are newer reviews for Landmark Cafe

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great find! Fresh food with a different menu...not your normal sandwiches...most have a refreshing twist. There's still something for everyone.plan accordingly though- they don't have long hours that they are open for lunch...

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Do NOT go to the Landmark Café. The owner is extremely rude and disrespectful with no sense of how to treat customers. We had to sit for 20 minutes after our meal to wait for the owner to come to the restaurant because she hadn’t trained her employees how to process a living social voucher. When she got there and we started to complain about the wait, she responded with an attitude and actually said to us, “do I look like I want to stand here and listen to this?” When I responded with “do I really look like I want to sit here for 20 minutes to pay a $2 bill” (what was left after the voucher) she grabbed my wife’s hand to rip the receipt out of it. When I complained about the inappropriate conversation I had to overhear her waitress engaged in while we waited, she responded with, “well, where’s your kids?” as if it was ok for us to have to sit through it. As we walked out, she proceeded to loudly berate her employee in front of the entire restaurant for not calling her sooner. Nevermind that the employee wasn’t trained properly and did the best she could. Completely miserable experience. NEVER going back and highly recommend you don’t either.

3  Thank Rich R
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Yummy breakfast and now they have a liquor license. Just redecorated and it's a very quaint place with very friendly wait staff.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Was in route to another spot but they closed earlier than posted but they pointed me here. Great recommendation. The waitress is super friendly which compensates for the long wait. Very reasonable prices. Had Belgian waffle and bacon. Very happy camper. If you go on a Sunday...they to get in here early!