“Surprise 94th Birthday Party!!”

Foxwoods Resort Casino
Book In Advance
More Info
US$49.00*
and up
Foxwoods High Stakes Casino Day Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: Day and weekend travelers from neighboring states flock to this expansive complex, housing the world's largest casino, three high-rise hotels and numerous nongambling diversions, including movies, arcades, restaurants, shopping, spas, conference areas and a live theater featuring top entertainment.
Hanover, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise 94th Birthday Party!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had 22 people in our party and everyone had a blast.
There was plenty for everyone to do, plenty of restaurants, gambling, stores and shows!
Definetly recommend for a large group of people. The hotel staff could not have been nicer.
Go and enjoy.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chrismurphy3181

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Enjoyed myself, however..”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Foxwoods was built in 1992 so it has some age to it. Its not as modern as Mohegan, but if you are there to gamble, then its not bad at all. There are SO many casinos to choose from, a GIGANTIC bingo hall that gives out at least 20k worth of prize money throughout the game, live bands, bars etc. We played Bingo and unfortunately did not win, but one lady won 10k!! Chances are good here. The casino dealers are very friendly and helpful when needed, and I actually came out winning a total of about $200 in slots, roulette and blackjack. We had fun! Good restaurants but they are each about $20 a plate if you go to the really nice date night ones, the noodle restaurants are very good and filling too and better priced. The dance clubs actually came off as being very good just by the crowd, music and excitment around them. It can be a lot of fun, but ladies that like to leave your husbands in the casino and go shopping..NOT HERE. Not until 2015 at least. A massive outlet center is being built on the same grounds. This is my "however" part. I wanted to shop!! And, not the tacky casino shops, but outlets or even a mall would be great. The closest outlet is 45 min away as of right now. We plan on going back because the drive was nice, the area was so peaceful (literally in the middle of nothing but woods/forest). Spa massage was nice, pool nice, but no outdoor space to really enjoy and the facilities were very small. Maybe next year :) We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn about 7 minutes away, $10-15 cab ride but they have a shuttle that goes back and forth. Great hotel stay!! Last comment, SMOKE everywhere, but hey its a casino right?

1 Thank truang3l19
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Too smoky!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have been several times to casino. I don't remember in the past the amount of smoke! The smoke free slots were closed and no choice so we didn't stay long! I woke up unable to breath from being there only couple hours!

1 Thank Magicsneakers B
Rochester, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Bring your walking shoes!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I returned to visit Foxwoods after a 15 yr absence. Quite spacious with multiple "casinos" located in one property. There was quite a bit of walking involved to cover the entire property, but it is possible to take a free shuttle from one area to another if you wanted to ride and not walk. Foxwoods is currently undergoing renovations in many areas. Lots of places cordoned off when I visited, and they are building a large outlet mall which will be connected to the original property. I believe that will be completed next year. Tried only slots on this trip...won a little here and there, but overall, I contributed some money to their expansion efforts!
I personally preferred the Rainmaker Casino. I liked the floor plan and the game choices the best in that section. Lots of choices for food...from snack places to upscale restaurants. I definitely enjoyed the trip, and I will be back to recoup my losses!

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the MGM here in January and had a great time. It was a bit of a gamble given the mixed reviews on here but I'm so glad we risked it.

I have to admit, I'm partial to a casino. I'm not a huge gambler but I do enjoy a flutter. And I think it's important to acknowledge that the casino is the major attraction here so bear that in mind if that's not for you.

The whole site is spotless. Some areas were a little smoky but not uncomfortably so. Restaurants are amazing. It's all a lot more reasonably priced than Las Vegas. It's a hidden gem out in the countryside and perfect for a weekend blow out for anyone within a few hours drive.

1 Thank Dr0ct0pus