“Wagyu Beef”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Pelham, New Hampshire
“Wagyu Beef”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great and friendly service from our server who is from Albania.

The Wagyu Beef was cooked perfectly at rare/medium rare and just melted in your mouth. Yes, it is pricey at $30/ounce, but if you've been to Japan and tried the beef there you'll willingly pay the price.

If you like your steak medium, medium well or well done, do NOT order Wagyu Beef as it will be as hard as a hockey puck!

Four of us shared and agreed that the Texas Onion Rings were wonderful.

The Wagyu Beef Tartar appetizer is a portion large enough for two to share.

• Visited November 2013

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Good Food”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

They advertise a $75.00 meal for two but I couldn't find it on the menue. The specials were good and the food was tastey.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank lenroberto
“Good food - fell short of expectation.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went expecting to be wowed by the food and service .. Neither of which fulfilled that expectation. We are steak lovers ... My husband's $63 steak was good but the attempt at offering a bone marrow side was not edible. My $49 grass-fed steak was very good but would have been better if it was actually done "medium rare" and not "medium". Appetizers were (again) good ... Calamari, cheese plate, but the mixed green salad dressing lacked flavor. We did enjoy the puréed Yukon Gold potatoes.
Service was average .. As I said previously -I rate the meal and atmosphere as a good but could not give it a higher recommendation, considering the prices and reputation!

• Visited November 2013
Norwich, Connecticut
“Superb for a special treat”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Craftsteak certainly has a reputation as being an excellent eating establishment, and with that, you are going to see that reflected in the price of the meals, but also the attention to detail. We went here as a special treat, if you will, knowing it would be an expensive meal, but hopefully one that would not be forgotten. We were not disappointed.

The dining room is very tastefully decorated and set up well that even with the amount of people they can fit, you can still have an intimate conversation with those you are sitting with, without feeling crowded by your neighbors. The service is exceptional from the moment you are lead in by the hostess to the moment you leave. They work in groups, where each member of the staff has certain duties, such as filling water, clearing plates, taking your order, etc. All of this leaves you feeling well taken care of, and they were all very friendly and willing to answer any and all questions. The menu was explained in detail, as well as a bit of history about the place, which was all nice to hear about.

On to the food... we ordered a very good wine to go with our meals and it was brought out in short order, the bottle was shown to us and poured for a taste, as you would expect. The rest of the night we never had to pour more, as the waiter would come by occasionally and refill our glasses, his timing was amazing, that we were never out. We also were served warm rolls, which tasted fabulous. We tried the duck appetizer with yams and candied hazlenuts. The taste was perfect, well cooked and a nice complement of flavors.

For steaks we ordered the grass-fed ribeye and the bone-in aged NY strip, with a side of potato and roasted garlic au gratin. The sides they serve family style, which is kind of unique, and the steaks they pre-slice before bringing to the table, so you can easily share the different flavors. We ordered the steaks medium, and as some other reviewers mentioned, they did come out medium-rare. That would be my only knock against them, as it was a little rarer than we like. But I will say, since they are definitely higher cuts of meat, you can overlook that, as the flavor was still superb. They were well seasoned and flavorful. The potatoes were aplenty, that we were both beyond satisfied.

For dessert, my husband ordered the maple cheesecake, which melded the maple, cheesecake, pear, and cranberries in a fabulous combination. I ordered the chocolate souffle, which was excellent and melted in your mouth. Overall we were more than satisfied, everything was delicious and their attention to detail and service makes it that much more memorable and an enjoyable experience. It is a pricey meal, but we would definitely go back, even if we just have to limit ourselves to special occasions.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank nutsgoalie
New York City, New York
“Fell short some”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Let me start by saying I marked the place as I did because of my expectations as well as the cost of eating here. i would have almost rated it Average because of the pricing and reputation but i did not want to be too unfair.

I visited the restaurant this Saturday the 12 of October with my wife and another couple. We were a few minutes late for our 7:00 pm reservation I called to advise them they were very helpful and understanding. We we got there we were seated immeadiatly without any delay. the place itself is very nicely decorated not like a traditional NY type steakhouse, I would decribe it as very trendy and tasteful. Dimly lite with a slightly noisey atmosphere. Now lets get to the nuts and bolts. we waited a little longer than you would expect to be asked and be served our drinks. Nothing to get crazy about but for a place that prides itself on its service a little slower than you would think. The waiter asked if we had ever been to craftsteak and when we stated wwe had not he gave a a very thorough explaination of the place as well as its "rock star" founder. His words. At any rate the waiter was well trained on the menu explaining each dish and answering all of our questions. I would give the staff good marks on knowledge. We had for appetizers the shrimp cocktail (there were 4) which was fresh and tasty. The cheese plate which was served with local honey and fresh made crackers. Very tasty. And lastly the pork belly bacon. Which was tastey but a little to runny not crisp like i expected from other steak house home made and cured bacon. Not my favorite. For dinner we had a tbone for two which was flavorable but not served sizzling hot like I expected. Which made in get cold very quickly. For a very high end steak house not a bad steak but i expected much more based on reputation and what I have experienced at places like Peter Lugers one of my favorites. My wife had the shortribs which were prepared perfectly but if you were a hunry fella you would have remained so. I was however more than enough for my wife. The other young lady had the the chicken dish wich she was very satisfied with. The Sides were the Gnocchi which I must say was the best tasting item I had all night. Light as a feather and sublime. The other 2 sides were The spinach gratin and and the Mushroom assortment. Both very good and up par with other good steak houses. Dessert and coffee also very good but nothing that was so memorable that I feel compeled to mention here.

I guess what I am saying is that when you are going to charge $460 with tip 20% for a meal as described with 4 drinks. You will fall prey to higher expections from your customers. There is nothing I can particularly Pan but I did expect much more. For my taste and for steak and appetizers hands down I believ Peter Lugar delivers a Better Steak. If you want nicer surroundings and somthing more geared to taking a women or significate other out for a romantic evening and it has to be STEAK this would be a little more well rounded all boys club type of steakhouse.

• Visited October 2013