“Great family getaway”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
New York
“Great family getaway”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Grand Pequot with our two young children and my parents for the February recess and it was great!!! We usually stay at MGM but decided to try Grand Pequot and we were not disappointed in the least. Our deluxe king room (on the 12th floor) was recently renovated with brand new furniture, carpet, etc.... The size of the room was more than adequate and all of the renovations/dressings definitely paid off. I can honestly say that the room was nicer than any room we stayed at MGM and we love their rooms. Outside of the room there was plenty to do with the kids--eat at Fuddruckers and Juniors, go to the Tree House arcade, Fox theater and enjoy some of the complimentary activities for the kids like face painting and arts & crafts. We are certainly planning another quick trip like this in the near future!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Joseph V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Grand Pequot Tower and the guest room renovation looks terrific. The rooms are now equal in lavishness to the MGM tower with a huge exception. 8 hours a day you sleep in your bed, but sleeping on these cheap mattresses is impossible and the pillows are foam and like a rock. Bring your own!!

Seriously hoe can they spend millions on furniture and carpet etc and skimp on bedding??!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bostontraveler710
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I expected more when I checked in at the Grand Pequot for our sales rally. The place is nice and big. My colleague and I wanted rooms next to each other and couldn't get that...not even on the same floor....when I got in my room...there was nothing that WOWed me.....and when I finally went to sleep, the bed was not comfortable at all. I didn't have a good night sleep at all. One suggestion....get softer mattresses.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed in a newly renovated room and to my surprise it was a corner room. One of the largest I have seen in that hotel. I was presently surprised as to the upgrades that were done to the rooms and hallways. I typically stay at the MGM exclusively when I stay at Foxwoods but from now on, i have a backup hotel with just as much "glam". The casino is directly underneath and that is my first choice for casinos.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
West Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This room was part of a package casino trip overnight deal. The room was clean, neat and quiet. There was a coffee machine in the room with set-ups and mugs for two coffees. I didn't use room service so I don't know about that, but everyone we did come in contact with, was very pleasant and cheerful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 wonderful nights with my family and friends at the Foxwoods Resort and Casino. Every time we go, we are treated as VIP's, though we are far from it. This particular stay, we were upgraded to a suite in both the Cedar Hotel and Grand Pequot. Thanks to Larry at Pequot and Joslyn Corsin at Cedars. Joslyn was exceptionally nice and very professional while dealing with us. She made our stay a memorable one to say the least. We will definitely be back. Foxwoods is an amazing place because of people like Joslyn and Larry.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luvpalmtrees11
Revere, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The changes to the rooms are somewhat good but the bathroom s are still crappy. The water faucets are set so far back that the water just pours on the counter top.Should have had better people do the work. Shoddy workmanship and detail work.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank mistervajj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#3 of 4 in Mashantucket
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!