“A Day of Pampering at the Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of G Spa

G Spa
Meriden, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Day of Pampering at the Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband gave me a gift certificate for another visit to the G-Spa. This time he took advantage of the pool, gym and amenties for a small fee while I was having two new treatments. One was the milk & honey which was recomennded by Kathy (I) on a previous visit. Unfortuantely she was not working this visit so Heather was my massage therapist that day. She is fabulous also. The minute you check in the receptionists make you feel very welcome and the pampering begins. The hostess in the locker room was just the start of another excellent relaxing day. In between my treatments my husband met me at the pool for lunch which we ordered in advance. Unfortunately I can not recomend ordering room service. We ordered the same items which were extremely disappointing. Hot food served cold could not be enjoyed etc. But it was nice to sit by the pool and relax in the many lounge chairs. There is a steam/sauna for the male & female sides with a jacuzzi where one can relax at any time for as long as you want. My husband enjoyed the gym which is co-ed. I am definitely having that treatment again.
On a previous visit I had a pedicure. I would not refer any one to that area. The pedicure was horrible and unprofessional. Chairs are uncomfortable and there isn't any privacy. Very loud so impossible to relax. One might have their hair done but I wouldn't recommend any cuts or colors. It is best to have a personal stylist for your hair. I do not consider that area to be part of the spa.
My husband totally enjoyed his time in the men's area which he will do again.
After my two treatments with Heather I was totally relaxed and stress free. This by far is the best Spa for me.

Visited June 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Absolutely a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I will spread the good news that there is an amazing spa in CT!
My experience here was wonderful. The lady in the womens locker room was the hostess with the mostess!
My pedicure I was sat next to gentlemen who were drilling in the sink next to me which does not equal relaxation. I moved my appt time and they were happy to accommodate me,

Visited August 2013
2 Thank patsy g
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spa experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a couples massage, pedicures, and facials. All were great. Staff was very friendly and kind, especially Katherine and Kelly! They were funny and personable. Great experience. Definitely recommend it!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank lml2686
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pedi was terrible...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I booked pedis together for our anniversary. I was hesitant at first due to the price but we decided to go for it. We only get out overnight once a year because of our two young girls. I expected what the menu said... A 50 minute pedi. The pedi started at 5:47 and ended at 6:15 ( not even a half hour). The girls were very nice that were doing the pedis but they were cut short and they told us we were the last of the day and they still had almost 4 hours till closing??!!! For 70 you expect a great pedi. About 3 hours after the pedi I noticed that the pair is chipping off 3 of my toes. The paint job in itself was poorly done. I can't believe we paid $140 and $30 in tip for an incredibly poor pedi and rushed experience. In New York I get a much better pedi with a massage and all the works for $28!!! ( and it takes at least a few weeks for the paint to start chipping!!). Overall I'm extremely disappointed in this spa. I work hard for my money ( as we all do) and I feel like I wasted almost $200 on nothing here. I will not recommend this spa to anyone. And if you are wondering why we tipped so well it is just in my husbands nature to do that no matter the service. Such a disappointing experience!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Valerie0325
long island, new york
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“has good potential, but a few issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My friend and i just went to the Gspa this past Sunday.
We had booked waxing, mani/pedi, and massages.
We had a few hour drive to the spa, and about an hour before we were due to arrive, we received a phone call that if we wanted the wax, we needed to be there 15 minutes prior to when we were originally scheduled, or there would not be time for it. Keep in mind, we had all of our appointments scheduled with an email confirmation that never mentioned that there may be an issue with timing. So, we arrived at the hotel and instead of having time to check in we had to go straight to the spa with our luggage. When we arrived we gave our names and I was taken right away for a wax. I was not asked to fill anything out, or any questions. They gave me a locker to put my stuff away in and I was taken to get waxed right away. The technician who waxed me was great. Her name was lindsay and I highly recommend her. She was very professional and helpful, especially since I was asking her questions about the spa being that I was rushed in. When my wax was finished, I was ushered back to the locker room where my technician was waiting for my mani/pedi. I told her I needed a minute to change in to my robe and slippers since I hadn't had a chance to do that yet. I changed in to my robe and slippers and she took me to get my mani. My friend and I had purposely booked our pedi's together at 5pm since this was a girls trip, however my technician told me she preferred to do the mani first. oh well. i got my mani and while my girl was very nice, it was seriously lacking. I felt rushed picking a color. She didn't cut my nails even though i told her I wanted them very short. She didn't do a great job on my cuticles. There was no hand massage or paraffin treatment- for a 40 dollar manicure, i was expecting this fantastic unbelievable mani and honestly i've gotten better at my nail salon back home. When the mani was finished i was bought to get my pedicure where i finally met up with my friend. My friend wasn't even shown the locker room yet and had all of her luggage and belongings with her at the pedicure chair. Really??
My friend was almost done with her pedi at this point. So now the pedicure begins and for 70 dollars, again, you are expecting an hour pedi that better be the best you've ever gotten-right? No. My pedi was half an hour IF that. Just some cream on your legs, no massage, NOTHING special about it. And my toes did NOT look perfect. I was done with my waxing, mani, and pedi by 6pm. And I arrived at 445. So I felt rushed and did not get the time I deserved. So my friend and I met up in the locker room at 6 and we had massages scheduled for 7. We were told we couldn't go in the sauna or steam room or pool because of our nails just being done. No one had ever given us a tour or shown us around at this point so we had no idea. So we walked around and found an outside area and hung out there until they called us for the massage.
I had dana for my massage and I will say the massage was 100% top notch. She was excellent and very professional and the massage was wonderful. I timed it so i know it was exactly 50 minutes like advertised. After the massage my friend and I found the steam room/sauna and hung out there for a while. We then changed and went up to the front desk, where we saw a big pool and whirpool. I asked what it was and the girl at the desk told me it was part of the spa. Well, it would have been nice to have gotten a tour when we got there so we knew what amenities were provided! So when i went to pay I asked the girl at the front desk if something got screwed up with my mani/pedi because they called to change my wax appointment because my pedi was so short. I figured maybe they gave me the express one instead of the long one. She told me it was supposed to be the long one, but only charged me for the short one since I told her I was done with all 3 services from 445 to 6. Overall, it was a relaxing time but the mani/pedi were not up to par at all, my mani is already chipping today the next day. I was disapointed that it wasn't as good as i hoped it was going to be.I was never told we could order room service, etc. By the time we got done it was late and we were hungry! I also felt the spa could have done more with their customer service to make a person feel more special. So that's now i feel about the gspa, nothing special.

Visited June 2013
CHARISSE D, Manager at G Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. All I can say is that I am so sorry! You should never have felt rushed and you should have been toured. It looks like my mani / pedi protocols need to be reviewed.
I would also like you to contact me at 860 312 4772 so I can get the details of your visit and get you another nail service.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you!