“Nice night away”
Review of Two Trees Inn

Two Trees Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was surprised when we pulled up how small this hotel it, only 2 floors. We were on the first floor, right next to the service closet, so it was a little loud at times (fine for sleeping though). The suite was nice, large bed, seating area with a fridge. The bathroom vanity is separate from the toilet and shower which is great for getting ready. There is a shuttle to the casino (which isn't really a far walk) and everyone I came in contact with was very nice.

Room Tip: If I went again I'd get a second floor room.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just returned from a visit to Two Trees Inn. Room was clean and bed and pillows were comfortable. The shuttles run to Foxwoods Casino every 10 to 20 minutes and it is very convenient. We never had to wait but a few minutes. The room does not have a safe which I find unusual and the water in the shower was very weak. I was disappointed because our coffee maker in room didn't work. Otherwise, it was ok.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A buddy and I recently stayed at the Two Tree's Inn at Foxwoods for a gambling trip. Check in was a breeze and very simple. The staff was very friendly and explained the set up of the hotel. We were placed in a room on the first floor, near the shuttle that runs 24 hours a day. If you are a light sleeper, I would recommend staying in a room away from an exit as you can hear doors closing pretty easily at all hours of the night. The room was very nice and extremely clean. We stayed two nights. We did not have house keeping come into the room as I feel I can make my own bed. The shower was nice and the bed was very comfortable. Each bed had three pillows, which is always a plus in my view. There were two shuttles that run 24/7. One takes a little longer than the other one as it makes numerous stops, while one just goes to a certain drop off spot at the casino. Taking the shuttle back to the hotel was easy and we never had to wait more than 5 to 10 minutes. Check out was easy and we completed it over the television. I usually go to Foxwoods at least once a year, so I can usually get decent rates during the week. The price was right and I will stay there again for sure. We did not eat at the hotel, but there is a restaurant on site. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to get a more centralized room away from an exit. It doesn't bo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stetruth
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Disappointing - Only bad memories and horrible experience, and Boy! Did it cost me! Got one of these promotional e-mails for two free night stay and decided to "go for it" thinking it will be a fun night away with the husband. Called ahead, as I have a small, toy puppy, who is only 5 lbs. The Two Tree Inn people said - No problem, we are pet friendly place (sure!) - There was a $40 fee, they added, like a security deposit (It's right on their web site as well) - That's reasonable, i thought.Arrived late, room was ok bathroom was kind of dingy (hey - it was free) -Did not have much to do - more than half of casino was closed so we just went out to grab a bite before bed. An hour and a half later, as we are walking back to room, we hear our names called on the LOUD SPEAKER. I called security - Our puppy was making sounds...We rushed back to the room-He was asleep.. We left the next morning. 2 days later I see 2 charges on my credit card totaling $250!Called the hotel, and FIVE DAYS LATER after calling every day I got a hold of the manager that I was leaving messages for! He was very unaccommodating, stating they were calling us in the room and on loud speaker - I explained that in the restaurant there is no way you can hear the speakers in the casino, and asked why didn't they call our cell phone????He replied -Oh, oh..We called your cell phone too! What a lie! So anyways, i asked to speak to his supervisor, he took my number so his supervisor can contact me. Three hours later (after 8:30pm!) the same guy calls me stating he told his boss the "whole story" and she will not honor my request to revise the charges!Why did he think I need him to speak on my behalf! I opened a dispute with my credit card company and to top it all off the Two Trees Inn charged me an extra $30 a few days later, and now my total for the FREE room is close to $300!!! What a scam!What if I had a big dog that actually barked?They will charge me $1000?Please, note there was no mess or disruption that my puppy had made...Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kris C
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Two Trees Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am very familiar with this situation and would like to assure you that the decision to apply the disturbance fee was not made lightly. Both Security personnel and a member of Front Desk management first confirmed the overwhelming complaints we received from neighboring rooms regarding the incessant barking. It was only after multiple overhead pages and cell phone calls were made that the charge was placed.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from Maine. The room was clean and comfortable; the staff was friendly and helpful. I liked that it was convenient to the casinos and other properties without being in all the "noise" of those areas. The shuttle ran every 10 min to the casinos and every 20 min to the others hotel properties. The Grill restaurant was also very convenient.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Two Trees Inn at Foxwoods for a one-night visit to the casino. The staff at the front desk was courteous, and check in was quick and easy. The room was clean, and the bedding was crisp and new. The bathroom was not new, but it was spotless.
The shuttle to the casino runs every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day, and the ride is under five minutes long.
The dining area was attractive, but we did not eat there.
The pool was decent, but the exercise room was really small.
The courtyard had a pretty garden.
Overall, it was clean, comfortable, and convenient.

1  Thank GraceM8595
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've stayed in the area of this hotel over the years for many room nights. Never had I thought to consider this hotel. I needed a room for 1 night and searched discount hotel sites, and this hotel came up for a Sunday night room, one night only, at $77! I was surprised at how inexpensive it was comparatively. I read several reviews and it seemed like I was taking a chance (I read where rooms were dirty, bathrooms unsanitary, noise, etc). I arrived and was very pleased. Front desk was courteous and pleasant. My room was in building 'B'. The room seemed freshly remodeled and very attractive in grey and blue. The bed and bedding was comparable to one at a Hampton Inn (which I'm very pleased with). Noise? I heard none. And, my biggest pet peeve is the doors slamming, due to tension on them when someone leaves the room. This place makes you actually close your own door.....gently! This was a plus! No more random slamming doors all night long! I had a cocktail and sandwich in the bar/lounge at 930pm. Service was very good and there were about a dozen guests in there watching soccer and enjoying themselves. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend to others and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hilltop Inn & Suites
Hilltop Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!