“1 full day of no outside air”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“1 full day of no outside air”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of a 2 complimentary night deal at Foxwoods. My wife and I have stayed at this hotel in the past but usually requested a suite, this was my first time in a standard room. Check in was quick and painless although the line was kind of long. My wife and I were in a room on the 29th floor with a view of the woods and Mohegan Sun. The room was nice, the shower pressure was awesome and again never ran out of towels(I like to take 2 or 3 showers a day). Although the room was non smoking after spending an entire 24 hour period in the hotel and the casinos of Foxwoods, everything smelled of cigarette smoke. As we were in a casino environment really can't complain, but I wish Foxwoods could do something to ensure that a non smoking room is a haven away from cigarette smoke, not complaining but a place to escape smoke would be great. Also apparently the 29th floor is where the hotels exterior lights focus, and unbeknown to us the lights outside the hotel change color. Unless you close the curtains nice and tight, you are going to think your at Studio 64 at night.

Again, have no complaints about this property except for the cigarette smoke smell getting into everything, but we were at a casino so we really can't get too upset about that. It would be great for Foxwoods to somehow modify the ventilation system and make a non smoking room a true non smoking room.

Room Tip: Unless you can tightly close the curtains avoid the 29th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kp7j4x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Manchester
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is upscale in every way. Very modern facilities and the rooms are very comfortable, extremely clean with a modern design.
The only negative was with the valet parking. I had to get my own bag out upon arrival and then wait for someone to give me a parking pass. Upon check out, I was asked if I wanted help putting my bag in my vehicle. This surprised me, as I would expect with this type of upper class facility, I wouldn't have been asked, they should have just done it as a matter of courtesy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Boston
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here last Thursday had two rooms for the 4 of us for business. I was looking forward to staying on MGM Grand side. Unfortunately the comfort of the rooms was not up to par compared to the MGM Grand Las Vegas. The room had wear marks on the walls and in corners, there was dust and crackers still in the carpeting. The window had hand prints on it and the top sheet had stains. It seemed to me all they had done to clean the room was change the sheets from the prior guests. The comfort of the bedding was terrible and the sheets were rough.
I felt the accommodations were 1 star. They received an extra star from me only for the mere fact at check in the girl was very polite. There was nothing they could do about my dirty room because I was told they were fully booked for the weekend. Both of our rooms had the same tired halfhearted cleanliness.
I love to play blackjack but will seriously think twice about staying the night here. Their rival has better accommodations hands down.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Scubascott1980
Stacy M, General Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Scubascott1980,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you received exceptional service when you arrived at the hotel.
It is very disappointing to learn that your room was not in a clean or well maintained condition upon your arrival. Being that the MGM Grand at Foxwoods opened in 2008, we are still a relatively new hotel. The beds in the room are the best in the industry, and we frequently have guests who are interested in purchasing them for their homes. I apologize profusely that your room accommodations were not what you expected. We pride ourselves on offering clean, relaxing rooms to our patrons, and your experience is far from acceptable. At the very least, if your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction, we should have sent a member of the leadership Team to inspect and rectify any issues.

I apologize profusely for the negative impression that you were left with. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay. If, in the future, you should decide to give us another opportunity, I would be grateful for the opportunity to personally assist with your stay. Please do me the honor of contacting me directly.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Director of Hotel Operations
Foxwoods Resort Casino
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We arrived January 21,2014
It was just a bit of a storm. Certainly isn't anything I haven't seen before. We came in from Upstate
N.Y.All the casino's closed except a smoking casino. I'm very allergic to smoke. Needless to say
I came home sick for two weeks. We did speak to the shift manager the following day.
I believe her name was Catherin said she was going to give us a free room for the next stay.
We received no email.She needs ALOT more experience. Should have followed through.
She might as well looked right through us knowing she wasn't going to give us anything.
This is definitely not up toMGM standards. She should have made a decision immediately.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Roberta C
Dear Roberta C,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is vital, and I am grateful. This winter has been a particularly brutal one, certainly in Southeast Connecticut. Our roads have been frozen, and unfortunately, travel conditions have, at times, been hazardous. I am very sorry that you were not able to enjoy the amenities and options that might have been available during a time when we were not experiencing a weather emergency.
When roads close down, and we receive cancellations, we do our best to condense the most popular areas, so that our guests receive the service that Foxwoods Resort Casino is renowned for.
With regard to Catherin, I have followed up with her. Cathy is an exceptional Manager, and takes service very seriously. I would be shocked to learn that she promised something to one of our guests without following up. In all candor, this would be the first time.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, so that I may look into this for you. Respecting the anonymity of TripAdvisor, I do not have your full name. I hope that we are able to communicate, and that I am able to transform your most recent memory at Foxwoods.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Director of Hotel Operations
Foxwoods Resort Casino
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went for a girls weekend to see a concert. Decent service at VIP check in but SO not worth the $28 upgrade amount. Room was $400; probably worth $198 at best. It was clean, decent but cramped for the price and overlooked a roof with HVAC equipment. Was on the 8th floor but still heard music from the club thumping until almost 4am.
Charged us $6 to bring up silverware and did not know what time bingo was over (really?).
Overpriced and not a good value. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go higher than the 8th floor unless you want to hear music thumping from the club all night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vespucciri
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We tested the MGM at Foxwoods for an upcoming tradeshow event.
Every staff member there was friendly and helpful- which usually means they are a happy team.
Unlike a nearby hotel we have used before, they offered us a room well before check in.
We ate at the Juniors for a fast and tasteful lunch, and then went to Cedars Steakout over in the Foxwoods side for dinner, which was also great.
The Spa was worthy of a morning visit and another small center across from the bowling area served us a great but late breakfast.

I return to Foxwoods in April for another event and look to try some of the other special restaurants.

Room Tip: The room on the 11th floor was serviced quickly by elevator and was extremely quiet- The room was o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Goffstown, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have been to Foxwoods often, but this was our first stay at the MGM Hotel. All I can say is wow. What a beautiful hotel and room. We stayed on the 20th floor overlooking the hills and the view is very calming. We always self-park and access to the lobby from the garage was so easy compared to the other two Foxwoods Hotels. Speaking of the lobby, it reminds me of hotels in Vegas. We arrived at 11:30am on a Friday and even though check in is at 4:00, our room was available and we were able to check in. The room is very modern with a spa feel to the showered bathroom, nice amenities and bottled water and coffee and teas for the morning. In the future, we will book our Foxwoods room here at the MGM Grand. I cannot say if the price was reasonable since our room was comped.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the hills and a high floor. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maryannGoffstown_Nh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!