The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
US$807
US$178
US$158
Great 4.5/5
Bellissimo Grande Hotel(North Stonington)
US$128
US$121
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Hilltop Inn & Suites(North Stonington)
US$137
US$133
Orbitz.com
Good 3.5/5
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$144
Residence Inn
Very Good 4/5
Cedar Park Inn And Suites(North Stonington)
US$91
US$110
US$91
Priceline
1,508 results
All reviewsfox towerdirector's suiteproducer suiteoutdoor poolcorner roomlong walkfloor to ceiling windowsmain casinotanger outletswalk in showermini barhigh floorresort feenice roomcasino flooralta stradagrand pequot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Well all of the rooms at the MGM when one is comparing apples to apples... are significantly smaller compared to Grand Pequot. I was in a Director Suite and my friend and I were floored at how tiny it was and we invited people for St Patty's weekend and were very embarrassed. We usually stay at Grand Pequot's corner suite and that is palatial with a balcony, a bar, in a huge living room. Their other suites are roomy too. We were quite upset we couldn't get a suite at Pequot that weekend.
For whatever reason, the cleaning staff/housekeeping has never been up to par with Grand Pequot's. I would have to call twice to have an overfilled garbage that wasn't emptied with initial room cleaning to be emptied in a suite.

The line to check in is horrendously slow, it takes them a while to beef up the check in staff. You'll want to chew your arm off.

But if you don't mind small rooms, a long check in line, and won't be in your room much to need housekeeping, MGM is the most modern/contemporary of the Foxwoods bunch. The outdoor pool is fantastic in the summer and they serve food poolside. Their spa is nicer than Norwich at Grand Pequot. The night club is in the MGM side too.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in a while to Foxwoods and maybe I picked the wrong day but I spent the whole day looking to play a slot but since it was a Saturday no luck. Wait for buffet was way to long. Also the place needs to ban smoking as after a while my eyes were burning and had to go out to breathe. Even the smoke free casino was lingering of smoke as it needs to go somewhere I guess. The place is clean I must say and staff is friendly..

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of a 2 complimentary night deal at Foxwoods. My wife and I have stayed at this hotel in the past but usually requested a suite, this was my first time in a standard room. Check in was quick and painless although the line was kind of long. My wife and I were in a room on the 29th floor with a view of the woods and Mohegan Sun. The room was nice, the shower pressure was awesome and again never ran out of towels(I like to take 2 or 3 showers a day). Although the room was non smoking after spending an entire 24 hour period in the hotel and the casinos of Foxwoods, everything smelled of cigarette smoke. As we were in a casino environment really can't complain, but I wish Foxwoods could do something to ensure that a non smoking room is a haven away from cigarette smoke, not complaining but a place to escape smoke would be great. Also apparently the 29th floor is where the hotels exterior lights focus, and unbeknown to us the lights outside the hotel change color. Unless you close the curtains nice and tight, you are going to think your at Studio 64 at night.

Again, have no complaints about this property except for the cigarette smoke smell getting into everything, but we were at a casino so we really can't get too upset about that. It would be great for Foxwoods to somehow modify the ventilation system and make a non smoking room a true non smoking room.

Room Tip: Unless you can tightly close the curtains avoid the 29th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kp7j4x
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is upscale in every way. Very modern facilities and the rooms are very comfortable, extremely clean with a modern design.
The only negative was with the valet parking. I had to get my own bag out upon arrival and then wait for someone to give me a parking pass. Upon check out, I was asked if I wanted help putting my bag in my vehicle. This surprised me, as I would expect with this type of upper class facility, I wouldn't have been asked, they should have just done it as a matter of courtesy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here last Thursday had two rooms for the 4 of us for business. I was looking forward to staying on MGM Grand side. Unfortunately the comfort of the rooms was not up to par compared to the MGM Grand Las Vegas. The room had wear marks on the walls and in corners, there was dust and crackers still in the carpeting. The window had hand prints on it and the top sheet had stains. It seemed to me all they had done to clean the room was change the sheets from the prior guests. The comfort of the bedding was terrible and the sheets were rough.
I felt the accommodations were 1 star. They received an extra star from me only for the mere fact at check in the girl was very polite. There was nothing they could do about my dirty room because I was told they were fully booked for the weekend. Both of our rooms had the same tired halfhearted cleanliness.
I love to play blackjack but will seriously think twice about staying the night here. Their rival has better accommodations hands down.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scubascott1980
Stacy M, General Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Scubascott1980,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you received exceptional service when you arrived at the hotel.
It is very disappointing to learn that your room was not in a clean or well maintained condition upon your arrival. Being that the MGM Grand at Foxwoods opened in 2008, we are still a relatively new hotel. The beds in the room are the best in the industry, and we frequently have guests who are interested in purchasing them for their homes. I apologize profusely that your room accommodations were not what you expected. We pride ourselves on offering clean, relaxing rooms to our patrons, and your experience is far from acceptable. At the very least, if your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction, we should have sent a member of the leadership Team to inspect and rectify any issues.

I apologize profusely for the negative impression that you were left with. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay. If, in the future, you should decide to give us another opportunity, I would be grateful for the opportunity to personally assist with your stay. Please do me the honor of contacting me directly.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,