“Gabriela at front desk is excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fox Tower at Foxwoods

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
osterville
“Gabriela at front desk is excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We are frequent visitors and wanted to take the time to note the excellent customer service of Gabriela 063935 at the front desk. She was helpful and sincere and a it is clear she is a problem solver. She should be promoted to a trainer in customer service.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

To preface this review, I have not yet stayed here... BUT. I have had such a negative experience with their customer service even before my stay, it is worth noting.

My best friend is getting married this weekend, and this is the hotel where the entire bridal party (including myself) is staying. I made my reservation weeks ago OVER THE PHONE. I was trying to do it online like anyone else living in 2014, but the wedding discount code wasn't being accepted and to make what I thought would be a safer reservation, I spoke to a human being on the phone to make the reservation for me. I called up the Foxwoods hotline, I spoke to a woman working the reservations department. I don't want to be incredibly rude here but .. how hard is it to take down someone's name and information and click the save button???

My one fault here was to fail to notice that they never sent me an email confirmation, but as someone who travels a ton and is always booking things, and with the normal high volume of emails that come through on a daily basis, I didn't notice that I didn't get a confirmation in writing from them. I usually access that email upon my arrival.

Cut to a week before the wedding- which I am flying to because I am out of town- and I called up the same department to cancel one of the nights (The bride has graciously allowed me to stay with her the first night which is great because even with a "discount" I was paying well over 500 dollars for two nights.. ridiculous) and lo and behold... NO RESERVATION.

To make what is becoming a long story short: I have spoken to several people at Foxwoods regarding this missing reservation. Most didn't seem to care, one girl "accidentally disconnected us" and I guess they have no way of tracking your number to call you back, and then finally when I spoke to a gentleman and I started getting a little fresh (which I notoriously can never pull off but I was so frustrated at this point) all he could tell me was that the hotel was booked solid, and he couldn't do anything for me. I had many details of my conversation with the girl who originally made my reservation... date and time of call, I remembered the rough total of the cost, I had used the wedding discount... I made it a point to say I wasn't fabricating this reservation, as ridiculous as that sounds. He told me to get in touch with "Group Sales" (couldn't provide me with a direct number) during normal business hours. I called back during said hours, and couldn't easily get their number, had to go through the whole song and dance once again. As I pointed out, it would be easier to skip the details since I was clearly told the reservation department couldn't help me, and with that he finally transferred me to an operator, since that "would be faster than him finding the number himself". Um.. what? Fast forward to getting connected to the "Group Sales" people and I was instantly directed to an answering machine.

That not being good enough, I called back AGAIN and this time found a girl at the Res Dept that literally did 5 minutes of research and finally found my "nonexistent" reservation, under a misspelled name. Why couldn't the first five people do that? They simply were too lazy or just didn't care apparently.

Needless to say, I will never be coming back here again. If this wasn't for a wedding I would have given up a long time ago.
I am not even in the hotel management industry whatsoever- I work in medicine- but this hotel's customer service skills are seriously lacking. From the first person who somehow misspelled my name although we clearly went over it SEVERAL times, including my initial spelling of the name, to my email address, to the name on the credit card used.. somehow she couldn't get it right. I could forgive that mistake if when I called again someone.. ANYONE.. would have been kind or apologetic or dare I say helpful in any way. I had to actually use the line "This is completely unacceptable" and point out that I was in the bridal party and because of THEIR mistake I would now have to stay elsewhere. And the response to that was "MGM is booked, Two Trees has rooms but they are like, 330 a night, which I am sure is more than you are paying, and I have no power to help you with that cost".

SO looking forward to staying here now. I can only imagine the actual hotel experience is just as classy as their customer service is.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NycLovesToTravel
Providence, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I booked a room with some trepidation after a stay 3 years ago was only average in my opinion. I was expecting the same or worse, but believe I got a better room this time. I arrived about 45 minutes before the 4:00 PM check in, but was on my way upstairs with a minimal wait. This time I was on the 28th floor, with a view overlooking the rest of Foxwoods and a construction site(of the outlets) but it was not noisy at all.

The bed was quite comfortable and I slept pretty well when I wasn't up gambling. Instead of a mini bar, there was a small fridge in the room which I prefer. I found the elevators to be a little slow at check out times. Most other hotels(including the Pequot) have express elevators for upper floors, but its not the case here. I didn't like the fact that I had to pay 15 dollars to use the pool, and it wasn't very big. I expected a little more out of the spa. Not much else to complain about with MGM, I would return again if I get another good deal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Well all of the rooms at the MGM when one is comparing apples to apples... are significantly smaller compared to Grand Pequot. I was in a Director Suite and my friend and I were floored at how tiny it was and we invited people for St Patty's weekend and were very embarrassed. We usually stay at Grand Pequot's corner suite and that is palatial with a balcony, a bar, in a huge living room. Their other suites are roomy too. We were quite upset we couldn't get a suite at Pequot that weekend.
For whatever reason, the cleaning staff/housekeeping has never been up to par with Grand Pequot's. I would have to call twice to have an overfilled garbage that wasn't emptied with initial room cleaning to be emptied in a suite.

The line to check in is horrendously slow, it takes them a while to beef up the check in staff. You'll want to chew your arm off.

But if you don't mind small rooms, a long check in line, and won't be in your room much to need housekeeping, MGM is the most modern/contemporary of the Foxwoods bunch. The outdoor pool is fantastic in the summer and they serve food poolside. Their spa is nicer than Norwich at Grand Pequot. The night club is in the MGM side too.

• Stayed March 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in a while to Foxwoods and maybe I picked the wrong day but I spent the whole day looking to play a slot but since it was a Saturday no luck. Wait for buffet was way to long. Also the place needs to ban smoking as after a while my eyes were burning and had to go out to breathe. Even the smoke free casino was lingering of smoke as it needs to go somewhere I guess. The place is clean I must say and staff is friendly..

• Stayed February 2014
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of a 2 complimentary night deal at Foxwoods. My wife and I have stayed at this hotel in the past but usually requested a suite, this was my first time in a standard room. Check in was quick and painless although the line was kind of long. My wife and I were in a room on the 29th floor with a view of the woods and Mohegan Sun. The room was nice, the shower pressure was awesome and again never ran out of towels(I like to take 2 or 3 showers a day). Although the room was non smoking after spending an entire 24 hour period in the hotel and the casinos of Foxwoods, everything smelled of cigarette smoke. As we were in a casino environment really can't complain, but I wish Foxwoods could do something to ensure that a non smoking room is a haven away from cigarette smoke, not complaining but a place to escape smoke would be great. Also apparently the 29th floor is where the hotels exterior lights focus, and unbeknown to us the lights outside the hotel change color. Unless you close the curtains nice and tight, you are going to think your at Studio 64 at night.

Again, have no complaints about this property except for the cigarette smoke smell getting into everything, but we were at a casino so we really can't get too upset about that. It would be great for Foxwoods to somehow modify the ventilation system and make a non smoking room a true non smoking room.

Room Tip: Unless you can tightly close the curtains avoid the 29th floor.