“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed that the MGM Grand for one Saturday night. The room was above average, but the bathroom was extremely nice, great shower, all glass/tile/granite, great vanity, soaps/shampoo etc from a local spa-nice touch. Ordered room service and it came quick. Great stay. Would go again.

1 Thank dandaman711

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel is located inside the casino with it's own entrance for valet parking. This hotel is a bit modern compared to the other hotels there. We had a two bedroom room with 2 queen beds which were comfortable. There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker in the room and an ice machine a few steps down from our door. The bathroom was rather large with a stand up shower and plenty of towels. When you enter the elevator you will have a choice of going to the main floor of the cedar's hotel that way you are right where the action is. There is breakfast place that you can either sit down or a fast eatery and a few stores within the casino area.
There are slot machines and also table, craps and roulette.

There is one night club on this side that caters mainly to a younger 20's crowd but many at Foxwoods to choose from. All in all our stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

If you want to walk to Foxwoods gambling area it is a long walk so be prepared.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikaila
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I received a complimentary room through the mail. We had the week off and said what the heck, let's hit the casino.

We were very pleased with everything. We arrived early and they let us go to our room immediately.

We had a great view. The windows in the bathroom are floor to ceiling, make sure you close the one by the water closet. :)

The shower had a built in seat.

The best part, at the foot of the bed stored a rising flat screen tv, with remote control. Loved that!

David Burke Prime was a great option for lunch. The lobster bisque was amazing!

Room Tip: second floor, corner room, lots of windows and great view of forest
1 Thank Cynthia S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for one night and overall enjoyed our stay. Booked with Groupon and received VIP check in, which was great and got our $25 dollar dining coupon.

The hotel room was very clean and nice. We stayed on the 27th floor and got a beautiful view of the woods. There were some negatives however. Our mini bar was completely empty and we were missing a sheet from our bed. The coffee machine in our room was also broken.

I really liked the MGM Grand even with a few flaws. I would definitely return, especially if I find the same Groupon deal again.

1 Thank Topher787
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the MGM Tower. Quick early check-in. Got our $25 food coupon from our Groupon without asking for it. Very nice and efficient at check-in. Our room was nice and comfortable. Elevators didn't all work at the same time so crowded at times. This tower is a distance away from the rest of the casinos and towers so you are away from most of the action. The hotel is a distance away from the parkway so we had to go through the streets for about 20 minutes. Could be a problem with traffic. We would come back if get a complementary room offer and stay in a more central tower.

1 Thank christeach2
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I love staying at the MGM grand at Foxwoods Casino! I have been staying there since they opened and love the rooms and customer service. I either get the Producer suite or Director suite because I have to have the Jacuzzi Tub. I have arthritis in my knees and back and after sitting at the slots, it feels wonderful to soak in the tub with the jets! The rooms are always clean and the bathrooms well stocked with big towels. The bed feels WONDERFUL and I have never had a problem with my room or checking in. I also think the prices are great! I just booked my room (director suite) for my birthday on May 23,2014 with a wonderful customer service rep named Sarah and I look forward to going back. My son was in college, so I had to stop going for awhile but now I can go back to paper myself!

Room Tip: If you have arthritis I would definitely get a producer or director suite with the Jacuzzi tub! Pamp...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
osterville
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We are frequent visitors and wanted to take the time to note the excellent customer service of Gabriela 063935 at the front desk. She was helpful and sincere and a it is clear she is a problem solver. She should be promoted to a trainer in customer service.

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!