“Always a pleasure”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Fox Tower (MGM) has been our choice of hotel in the Foxwoods resort for many years now. Each time we go it is an enjoyable experience. The staff has been fantastic! My family has spent multiple special occasions there from birthdays to anniversaries. Each one has been made to feel extra special by the concierge staff led by Sue. Even during kids week, our kids were treated so well that they've been asking to go back for months! The hotel is always clean and comfortable. The new addition of stores and a food court have made the stay better. As guest that travel here multiple times a year we will always make Fox Tower our first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 May 2014

On my birthday in March, I stayed at The Fox Tower and had a small issue at the desk with the $100 room deposit not being able to be put on my credit card. I met the chief concierge and It was quickly rectified. She oiffered to upgraded me to a producer suite for my patience and since it was my birthday. Another correction had to be processed a week later as I was charged for the room upgrade, so I contacted the hotel and emailed the chief concierce. The issue was corrected within a few days and I was offered a free stay next trip. I had planned on going on May 18th and had a free room anyways in May. Then I was offered an upgraded to a studio suite. My friend and I arrived early to have breakfast at Juniors. They have fantastic service and delicious omelets. When doing the pre-checkin at VIP area, I ran into the same issue with the credit card and it was quickly corrected. I was met by the chief concierge in Juniors and she advised she had another upgrade for me, to a presidential suite which happened to be ready before noon. Excellent five star service. Fantastic huge room and it even has a bar along with a Keurig. I enjoyed having coffee sitting at the glass table looking out the floor to ceiling windows. Nothing is better! VIP trip for sure. This was by far the best trip we've had to Foxwoods. Thank you again for the awesome room, flowers and card. Thank you to everyone who assisted me. See you all again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Fox Tower is always our choice when we visit Foxwoods. The accommodations while nice are substantially upgraded by the unbelievable staff. Led by Sue Evarts the "Concierge Chef" the entire experience from parking to checkout is done to make one feel like a special guest. Our recent trip included my 60th birthday and Sue and her staff went overboard to make our weekend one that we will not soon forget. I hear and read some of the negativity about Foxwoods but I would like to go on record as saying that the staff at The Tower are folks we look forward to seeing and working with as they always seems to take the extra little step to make our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Until recently Fox Tower was the MGM Grand. Unfortunately the signage has not caught up, and Fox Tower was hard to find among the other hotels and casino buildings. Also, the parking garage is a long walk to the hotel lobby, requiring that guests walk through the casino floor. Consider using valet parking to avoid wheeling your suitcase between rows of slot machines and gaming tables. The rooms get high scores for cleanliness and design. The bathroom was large and had all the usual amenities. No bathtub, but the shower was almost as big as a walk-in closet fronted with thick glass. The only missing feature that I like is a safe in the closet, but that's not unusual.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our second time at Foxwoods. The first time we didn't stay over and we actually didn't like it that much we almost didn't come back but boy are we glad we did! We stayed in the producers suite and it was awesome, the room was cool it had 2 TVs, a nice bed and a cool couch. The best part was the VIEW omg it was floor to ceiling windows of a gorgeous vast forest like a scene from the movie twilight! Bed was comfy. Casino was fun. I loved the scorpion bar and club shrine. Just had a wonderful time! Fuddruckers was yummy for late night.

Room Tip: Producers suite so nice, ask for high floor forest view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great venue for a show but the fox tower wasn't what I expected. I went there to to celebrate my anniversary I had requested a jacuzzi suite in advance and got a small corner room with a small bed. Way to expensive and when I complained the said all they could do was a complimentary breakfast. .which when we went to get the info on how to redeem the front desk told me they couldn't help me! Very disappointed with the fox tower and there level of service!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jazmine S
Cory M, Front Office Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Good afternoon Jazmine S! Please accept my apology for the lack of attention to your request from my team. I appreciate your candid feedback, it offers me an opportunity to bring these details to my team and better our operation. As a gesture of hospitality I would like to offer you a future complimentary suite upgrade to one of our Producers or Directors suites. Please contact me directly at (860)312-8759 and I will assist you in making your reservation. I look forward to making your next visit seamless.

Cory Merriman
Front Office Manager - The Fox Tower
Foxwoods Resort Casino

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed last Sunday, May 5th, 2014. This property is now called The Fox Tower (previously MGM Grand). As always we enjoyed our stay. Room was on the 28th floor with a beautiful view of the woods. Rooms are always immaculate. Bathroom is magnificent -- fabulous walk in shower. The mattresses at Foxwoods are extraordinarily comfy. So much so, that this time around we decided to ask about them at the front desk. The front desk was so helpful and gave us a sheet of paper with the name of the mattress (turns out they are SERTAS) and who we could contact if we wished to order one --- which we are doing.

The only negative about staying at the FOX Tower is that it is at the very end of the property, so there is a lot of walking if you wish to go to all the casinos -- which is fine by us. The Great Cedar Hotel is more centrally located and is just as nice ---but has a regular bathroom --- no walk in shower.

Once, again, we have stayed at this property many times and cannot say enough good things about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the forest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joyce1948
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!