“Well worth the walk....”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times both before and after the change from MGM to Fox Tower and it really is a very comfortable and luxurious property. I generally go to Foxwoods to play poker and Fox Tower is quite a long walk from the poker room and the main casinos but the high standard of rooms and facilities make it worth the extra effort. Best of all is if one is able to get the room for free as can happen during off-season times.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the last few years and it has progressively gone down hill. Here is our recent experience; shower had a mildew smell, sink was clogged, toilet paper holder was coming off wall, closet light burned out. Here is the most serious problem: I was alone in the room with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. I heard someone opening the door and assumed it was my husband. It was not. It was a man who was a housekeeping staff, but he DID NOT YELL "HOUSEKEEPING" as he walked in. Luckily, I was dressed. He walked out as soon as he saw me and I confronted him in the hallway and asked him WHY he walked in with a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door, or at the very least knocked and announced "housekeeping"? He mumbled some excuse. I would never feel safe at this hotel and would never go back.

2  Thank Fricassey
Cory M, Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Good afternoon Fricassey! Thank you for taking time to provide me with feedback on your recent stay at The Fox Tower. I would like to apologize for the condition of your room and the unannounced entry into your room. I have spoken to the Housekeeping Management team and they will address this directly. I would like to discuss your trip in further detail if you would be so kind as to call me. I can be reached at (860)312-8759. I look forward to talking to you.

Have a great day!
Cory Merriman
Front Office Manager
The Fox Tower
Foxwoods Resort Casino

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was my first time at Foxwoods, and booked a room through the groupon deal they had running. Stayed here in the Fox Tower, which is the former MGM Grand I believe? Parking is free! The lobby is a nice round room. To get to the elevators to the hotel they are right passed the main casino! Music is playing, people are playing slots and table games. Also you pass some boutique stores on the way to the elevator. Surprisingly with 30 floors the elevators are really quick!
The room was spacious enough for 2, with a king bed. The room and bathroom were spotless! The bed was super comfy too!

Overall I would stay here again in a heartbeat! It was a lot of fun!

Room Tip: Always look for groupon deals! Have good prices there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Fox Tower (MGM) has been our choice of hotel in the Foxwoods resort for many years now. Each time we go it is an enjoyable experience. The staff has been fantastic! My family has spent multiple special occasions there from birthdays to anniversaries. Each one has been made to feel extra special by the concierge staff led by Sue. Even during kids week, our kids were treated so well that they've been asking to go back for months! The hotel is always clean and comfortable. The new addition of stores and a food court have made the stay better. As guest that travel here multiple times a year we will always make Fox Tower our first choice.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

On my birthday in March, I stayed at The Fox Tower and had a small issue at the desk with the $100 room deposit not being able to be put on my credit card. I met the chief concierge and It was quickly rectified. She oiffered to upgraded me to a producer suite for my patience and since it was my birthday. Another correction had to be processed a week later as I was charged for the room upgrade, so I contacted the hotel and emailed the chief concierce. The issue was corrected within a few days and I was offered a free stay next trip. I had planned on going on May 18th and had a free room anyways in May. Then I was offered an upgraded to a studio suite. My friend and I arrived early to have breakfast at Juniors. They have fantastic service and delicious omelets. When doing the pre-checkin at VIP area, I ran into the same issue with the credit card and it was quickly corrected. I was met by the chief concierge in Juniors and she advised she had another upgrade for me, to a presidential suite which happened to be ready before noon. Excellent five star service. Fantastic huge room and it even has a bar along with a Keurig. I enjoyed having coffee sitting at the glass table looking out the floor to ceiling windows. Nothing is better! VIP trip for sure. This was by far the best trip we've had to Foxwoods. Thank you again for the awesome room, flowers and card. Thank you to everyone who assisted me. See you all again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Fox Tower is always our choice when we visit Foxwoods. The accommodations while nice are substantially upgraded by the unbelievable staff. Led by Sue Evarts the "Concierge Chef" the entire experience from parking to checkout is done to make one feel like a special guest. Our recent trip included my 60th birthday and Sue and her staff went overboard to make our weekend one that we will not soon forget. I hear and read some of the negativity about Foxwoods but I would like to go on record as saying that the staff at The Tower are folks we look forward to seeing and working with as they always seems to take the extra little step to make our stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Until recently Fox Tower was the MGM Grand. Unfortunately the signage has not caught up, and Fox Tower was hard to find among the other hotels and casino buildings. Also, the parking garage is a long walk to the hotel lobby, requiring that guests walk through the casino floor. Consider using valet parking to avoid wheeling your suitcase between rows of slot machines and gaming tables. The rooms get high scores for cleanliness and design. The bathroom was large and had all the usual amenities. No bathtub, but the shower was almost as big as a walk-in closet fronted with thick glass. The only missing feature that I like is a safe in the closet, but that's not unusual.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!