I was very sick and needed a quiet and comfortable place to rest. I requested a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and she was very willing to oblige and that was great but what surprised me even more was that she was very honest and sympathetic that I was sick and told me that the room I selected was in between rooms that were being worked on (she didn't have to say anything!) and so she and the GM tried to find me another room that was quiet. They ended up giving me a room on the same floor but upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge!
I was extremely grateful for this and the room that I got was extremely large and spacious and nicely renovated. The bed was super comfortable and the heater was great too. I could not have asked for a better stay then this! Full marks to the staff and even the super friendly maintenance guy! You guys should be very proud! The only downside that I think is worth mentioning is the location as its not really handy to much.
Also, to the person who whinged about the alarm clock? Are you serious?! Its not the hotels responsibility to make sure the alarm is set to the off position, grow up and do it yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden