“Excellent and personalised service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Sydney
“Excellent and personalised service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I was very sick and needed a quiet and comfortable place to rest. I requested a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and she was very willing to oblige and that was great but what surprised me even more was that she was very honest and sympathetic that I was sick and told me that the room I selected was in between rooms that were being worked on (she didn't have to say anything!) and so she and the GM tried to find me another room that was quiet. They ended up giving me a room on the same floor but upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge!

I was extremely grateful for this and the room that I got was extremely large and spacious and nicely renovated. The bed was super comfortable and the heater was great too. I could not have asked for a better stay then this! Full marks to the staff and even the super friendly maintenance guy! You guys should be very proud! The only downside that I think is worth mentioning is the location as its not really handy to much.

Also, to the person who whinged about the alarm clock? Are you serious?! Its not the hotels responsibility to make sure the alarm is set to the off position, grow up and do it yourself!

Room Tip: I used a coupon and was told that each coupon can only be used for one night but there was no mentio...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Due to power outages resulting from a freak snow storm our first stay here didn't go so well; room wasn't ready/wrong room type etc. Cheryl Rosa Sullivan the Manager went out of her way to fix our problems. The suite we stayed in was immaculate. A pleasure to stay at a place where management and staff are professional and the customer still comes first. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for L shaped suite
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
St. Johnsbury, VT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed two different times within a week; once on our way to Maryland and on our way back. The first time was excellent, the second time, not as great. We used our Priority Club Rewards Nights both times (we are Platinum Status). The room was much nicer the first time, and they were only two doors apart. First time the breakfast was what we expected; the second time the pancake machine was out-of-order and the eggs were quite dry. There were chocolate chip cookies available at the desk this first time, but not the second time. I know we are being picky, but our stays were only 6 days apart and our expectations were great. Front desk person was very efficient and remembered us from our first stay.

Be prepared as there are no restaurants very close by, and the facility is a few miles off the highway. However, you do have a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms do vary on the same floor. See above.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank QBConsultants
HIEXMeriden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling. I am so sorry to hear that you did not find your stay the second time as satisfying as your first stay with us. We do offer a variety of room types and furnishings throughout the hotel and it is true that two rooms near each other may be slightly different in the offerings. We are happy to accommodate any needs that you may have, so feel free to request the type of room that you would like and we are happy to do the best we can to fill your request, based on what is available at the time.

Our cookies are extremely popular, though it is a rare occasion that we do run out completely. I hope you will come back again to stay, and when you do, please mention what happened last time and we will make sure we have cookies set aside for you and the room furnishings that you enjoyed the first time you stayed with us.
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. The spacious suite style rooms were great with the kids. This happened to be during a heat wave and the room stayed cool with the PTAC unit. Staff did a great job with cleaning but staff wasn't overtly friendly.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank HoS_11
Reidsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

The hotel is definitely a newer property. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Not alot of noise either. We were on the third floor so we didn't get alot of noise. We upgraded to a king suite and had more than enough room. The room also came with a microwave, minifridge and sink. The hotel staff was very friendly and everyone greeted you with a smile (even the housekeeping staff!). Free breakfast in the morning with alot of choices. Hot food and an awesome pancake machine. Most importantly - free wireless! The hotel is a little ride to the restaurants but once you get there; there is plenty to choose from. Also, close to the train station in downtown Meriden.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank angelreborn
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stayed 10/14/11-10/16/11 and checked out without removing my coats from the coat closet. After 4 days of me calling and Holiday Inn returning my calls I had completely given up. Today I received a voice mail message that my coats have been found and how would I like to receive them, pick them up or shipped to me! I was sure they would never be found and delighted to get them back. Thanks to Cheryl Sullivan, Jessica and Diana and of course the person in Housekeeping whose name I did not get that found them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for finding my coats!

Room Tip: My husband and I have stayed before and will stay again - very convenient location.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

LOVE that the whole hotel is non-smoking, that the room was spacious and clean, that the beds were comfy and that the breakfast had lots of choices.

HATE that there was a group of kids staying in the hotel who were noisy all night. Not wild party noisy, but jumping off the bed over my head noisy, and very loud talking in the room next door noisy (loud enough to wake me up noisy, and I'm practically a professional sleeper) -- and I'm talking about past 3:00 and 4:00 am. Management -- is there no way to contain noisy groups to the first floor and let the rest of your guests sleep?

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RebeccaAKABecky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#2 of 4 in Cromwell

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden? Share your experiences!