My family made reservations to stop here on our way back to Florida. We arrived early, around 3:30 p.m. Check-in was 4, but we thought that since there were only three cars in the lot, we would be able to check-in early. The front desk clerk made us wait 30 min., claiming there were no clean rooms. I thought that was weird considering it was almost 4. Already I was a bit annoyed.
We checked into our room. It was a large room with plenty of space. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. There was dust on the side tables and desk. There were stains on the carpet and walls. The chair that accompanied the desk was all ripped up.
We did use the indoor pool, which was nice and clean. The breakfast area is also nice and big and had a great selection of items. The only thing that I didn't enjoy is that the bananas on the bar were all rotten and open; they should have been thrown out.
Overall, we had a decent stay. The hotel was quiet, which provided us with a good night stay. The hotel itself though is in need of some cleaning. Even just vacuuming the hallways and the room would make a big difference. It was not a horrible stay, but we would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden