Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
US$98
ExtendedStay
US$92
Priceline
Red Roof Inn Meriden(Meriden)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$65
Red Roof
Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
US$116
Courtyard
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolhi expresswasted spaceturkey sausagetraveling throughother guestssnow stormmicro wavenoisy fanstaff was very friendly and helpfulan upgradeice machinecontinental breakfasthotel is cleanone night stayscrambled eggsbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is an ok spot if you're passing through for a night. Not the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've stayed in. First got there about a half hour prior to check-in (never had a problem before) and was told to come back in a half hour. Generally, I'm told to feel free to wait in the lobby. Keep in mind, I reserved this room online.

Finally get room. It's not too bad, couple stains on carpet, peeling wallpaper. Pool area was ok, breakfast in the morning was standard fair. Like I said, overall, meh.

Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We're disappointed to hear that your stay fell below your vacation expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience during your check-in. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, to give us the chance to improve future guests' experiences. We always encourage our guests to let us know right away if there are any issues or needs that they experience during their stay with us.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. We were there as a group celebrating a friend's birthday. We had a great time! This a very nice hotel. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Thee rooms were very clean. They serve a complimentary breakfast which isn't fancy but nice. Its a good quick breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends and i would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The pool area is VERY small but it's nice. They have a great area in a separate area for a private event.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My family made reservations to stop here on our way back to Florida. We arrived early, around 3:30 p.m. Check-in was 4, but we thought that since there were only three cars in the lot, we would be able to check-in early. The front desk clerk made us wait 30 min., claiming there were no clean rooms. I thought that was weird considering it was almost 4. Already I was a bit annoyed.

We checked into our room. It was a large room with plenty of space. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. There was dust on the side tables and desk. There were stains on the carpet and walls. The chair that accompanied the desk was all ripped up.

We did use the indoor pool, which was nice and clean. The breakfast area is also nice and big and had a great selection of items. The only thing that I didn't enjoy is that the bananas on the bar were all rotten and open; they should have been thrown out.

Overall, we had a decent stay. The hotel was quiet, which provided us with a good night stay. The hotel itself though is in need of some cleaning. Even just vacuuming the hallways and the room would make a big difference. It was not a horrible stay, but we would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Bolts3032,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the pool and breakfast.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and cleanliness which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Friendly and congenial staff and service. Room was very clean and comfortable. There was a softball team staying in the room next door making teen aged girl noises. The staff quickly got them to quiet down. They advertise a 'Continental' breakfast. It was more like a country farmhouse breakfast that a lumber jack would have been happy with...a large all you can eat buffet with just about everything you could ever want for breakfast.

If there was anything else I would have liked in the room it would have been a refrigerator. As a diabetic I needed to keep my insulin cold, but there was an ice machine to compensate for the lack of a refrigerator.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Cons: tiny pool, stained rugs, out-of-service ice machine 2nd floor, no desk in standard room; bathroom fan sounded as if it were powered by a jet engine.
Pros: only rugs were in disrepair: everything else was very clean and well-maintained. The pool was small but clean and OPEN. I have found too many places failing to indicate on their websites that their pools are 'temporarily' out of service. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly; I usually only expect this from check-in staff but here all the staff had a friendly greeting. Breakfast had considerable variety and the breakfast area was spacious and kept as clean as everything else (which was hard to do with all those babies enjoying their breakfast in there.) I would not hesitate to return. One of the better HIEX I have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends