“Stop before our cruise!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel and all the staff. Everyone went above and beyond here. The room was clean and comfortable. My boys were even excited to have pizza with the staff this evening. It was complementary the evening we stayed and were told they do it once a week for guest. I would stay here again if I was to come to the area. Alyssa made the stay so enjoyable and we ♥ the lady who served pizza and breakfast. It's so hard to find friendly caring people. These girls top it off!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Ms. Nicole,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Meriden, CT. It was really nice to host your family during your visit to Meriden. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was really nice to meet your family and I hope you had a great vacation. I was jealous of the tan for sure!

We look forward to hosting you and your family again during your next visit to Meriden, CT.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The beds were firm but comfortable. I loved all the pillows and the fluffy duvet! The linens were crisp and clean white while not scratchy and there was a comfortable chair to lounge in as well as a desk. While not 'white glove' clean in *all* of the kitchenette cupboards, the counters, fridge and bathroom were spotless and convenient. Anything I asked for was immediately provided and the breakfast was diverse and plentiful for gluten tolerant carnivores. I hope they add more 'gluten free' options soon and lighten up on whatever the eggs were cooked in. The lighting was all modern and, while bright and probably energy efficient, I wished there was at least one reading lamp with the option for incandescence as I can't tolerate only fluorescent for reading.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adrienne o
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Ms. Adrienne,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. I also want to thank you for choosing us as your preferred lodging destination while visiting Meriden, CT. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the gluten free aspect in our breakfast selection. I will definitely explore what options we have from our current vendors in this regard.

We do have the energy efficient fluorescent lighting in all of our rooms to conserve energy. But it is a good idea for us to keep some incandescent bulbs on hand should a guest require them. Please do reach out to me directly before your next visit so we make sure to install them in your room prior to your arrival.

We look forward to hosting you again with us during your next trip!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent staff and the rooms feel like a modern beautiful retreat with a kitchen. The best part is the price is unbeliavably low. The amenities include a Hot breakfast, highspeed internet, and a roomy gym. The laundry room has 4 washers and 8 dryers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Bryan,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We certainly look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to Meriden.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We found a used condom wrapper under the bed here. I went down to the lobby and asked the employee, Ian, behind the desk that someone be sent up to remove it and was assured that someone would take care of it asap. No one showed up that day to do so. No one came the next day to do so and there was no maid service that day.

The day after that we went down to breakfast. We started to make a waffle and noticed that the container holding maple syrup packages was empty. There was no attendant present so I went to the front desk and reported this. I was told the hotel was out of syrup and they would send someone to the store to get more. That person arrived 20 minutes later. At that point we had noticed that the breakfast room also had no butter so we told her about that. After the butter was refilled we sat down to eat and talked quietly together laughing about a breakfast room serving waffles with no syrup or butter. We then returned to our room.

Minutes later we received a phone call from the front desk. The employee did not identify himself but began shouting that we had insulted the breakfast room attendant and called her names. He refused to identify himself until I asked his name about 5-6 times. He then admitted he was Ian. I told him that we had not insulted the breakfast room attendant and that what he was saying wasn't true. He responded by threatening to call the police and have us ejected from the hotel. I demanded to speak to a manager. He said he would get a manager.

I went down to the front desk and a young woman wearing jeans and a tee-shirt showed up with a toddler in her arms saying she was the manager. She didn't have anything with her that identified her as an employee let alone a manager. She did not give me her name. She rudely dismissed my complaint about Ian's behavior. I told her Ian had failed to have a condom wrapper removed from under the bed and she told me he had sent someone and I had refused to let that person come in the room. This was untrue but there was no reasoning with this person who I am still unsure was actually a manager. She said that since I was asking again she would send someone to remove it immediately. Again no one showed up.

We left the hotel the following morning. This is, hands down, the worst service we've ever experienced at any hotel. Not only were we insulted and threatened with removal from the hotel but the day we left the condom wrapper I had reported 3 days earlier was still under the bed.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew T
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Andrew,

I want to start off by apologizing for your recent experience at our hotel. As you can see from all the reviews that we always try our best to give all of our guests a stellar experience. I'm sorry you feel that the service was not up to par with what people have come to expect from us. That being said I did research this incident and having heard what the account from the staff I do hope that people reading this review will take it with a grain of salt.

Despite the "he said she said" I would like to make this right for you so please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Regards,

Aarora@wyndham.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden? Share your experiences!