Meriden Inn
US$62
Agoda.com
US$107
US$102
Red Roof Inn Meriden(Meriden)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$65
Red Roof
Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Clerk at check in polite and lobby OK but halls n room nasty! 4 $68.94 a not ur much better paying a little more elsewhere. It's $10 more 4 a "premium" room which I was dumb enough to get. I c no difference 4 the additional $10!! The motel wants 25¢ 4 ice and $10. 2 turn phone on! They also won't rent a fridge r microwave 2 u unless ur a monthly guest. Place is disgusting and they allow their maintenance man to drink in halls & be belligerent!! They have roaches under beds. Left and paid$74.74 @ Milldale Econolodge & was beyond happy!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank ilovedebra
The Meriden Inn M, General Manager at Meriden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel. We are currently undergoing common area remodeling. All of our premium rooms have been recently upgraded with new carpet, paint, mattresses, and bathroom fixtures. I have spoken to our front desk staff and clarified the procedure on fridge and microwave rental, as both are available to all guests, be they weekly or daily, for a nominal additional charge. We do charge for local calls, and though we take a small deposit, any money that is unused at the end of your stay would be refunded. I have also spoken to our maintenance staff and have been assured they will show the utmost professionalism as representatives of our hotel. Thank you for your review, and we hope to serve you again in the future.

The Meriden Inn

Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel had blood all over walls, boyfriend and I were so disgusted that we slept in the car... Save your peanuts and sleep in your car if you have to.. For the sake of your health and well being.. Do not stay at the Meriden.. That is an honest warning.. I would not be surprised if there were roaches of whatever kind living and nesting in the mattresses.. Or walls.. Or carpets.. The room is a walk back in time during the 70s.. But a part of the 70s that your great grandfather wouldn't even want to remember.. The men in world war one who lived in trenches wouldn't bare to live a night at the Meriden.. You've been warned...

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Minibear1212
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I believe my title says it all.

During a power outage during Tropical Storm Irene I booked a room at this “establishment” because it was the only place I could find with availability. The check-out counter consisted of a guy behind glass with one of those sliding drawers to pass your driver’s license, etc. back and forth -- the kind that they have at gas stations. The hallway smelled of stale urine. My room had two (unmade) beds with mattresses that were about 30 years older than I am. Someone had stuck toilet paper over the peep hole. Speaking of holes, they were all over the walls and someone had stuffed what appeared to be a condom into a hole in the ceiling. After sitting on the bed for five minutes (I know, don’t even ask what possessed me to do such a thing) I started itching frantically. I assume that unmade bed was infested with bedbugs. Needless to say I picked up my stuff and immediately checked out. I went back to my place and sat in the dark with no electricity and it was like being at the Four Seasons.

I would rate this nasty, skeevy place negative 5 stars if I could. Please heed my warning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
12  Thank Middlet0wnTraveler
Reviewed 21 May 2011

fighting in room next door til 5am in morning, smashed car windows in parking lot, food thrown from windows, loud noise, can here people in rooms above

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Westhavener
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I have been renting a weekly room there since Dec 2010 and there have been cosntant problems with noise in the rooms above. I was on the lowest level. First there was a child running around in wee hrs of the morning and a party in the room above with undesirables in the parking lot screaming to the room window above. Good assistant Manger Susan rectifed the child situation another desk clerk stopped the party.

The real problem lies with the general manager. He is the acting overnite front desk clerk. A couple of nights ago there were people dropping stuff and thumping around in rm 37 the room above mine at 3am very loudly. I called front desk and the general mnger answered and he said he would see what he could do and quieted it down. @ nights later same thing I call him up again at 3am and he said thesame thing. I called me back than said this and the first time I called couple of nights ago was uncessary and said it was just normal people walking around. He then switched me to a smaller top level roon but still nosily. When I handed him the old room key he seemed snappy and snotty with me.

Many gusts that stayhere are inconsiderate. This is a 30 yr old former Econolodge from 70s or early 80s. It has concrete floors with no drywall or soundproofing so you will hear every step above and on your same floor. You cant hear the guests through the walls and motel is basicallyt clean and safe. Susan is good the the General Manger doesnt value his guests and ignornat steer clear

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business