“Murder scene on the carpet!!!”
Review of Meriden Inn

Meriden Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meriden
Meriden Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
“Murder scene on the carpet!!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Blood everywhere, dirty, dirty, dirty. Halls are nasty and dirty, rooms arent cleaned, mattresses are old and not well kept. Service was ehh. Id rather go down the st and pay $20 more to not be in a murder movie.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank milkshake2835

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Meriden
Reviewed 1 February 2014

the girl that works there is very good the man who
Works their so rude. my fiance and I went to take a shower and we found a syringe in one of the little hand towels . so my fiance brought it down to the front desk and said that this was in our room and we had our kid with us the guy just throw it out and put my fiance on the blacklist because he brought a syringe that wasn't ours for the safety of our kid .let me just say that the twin spuce on berlin turnpike was so much better and it was cheaper I think meriden inn should be closed down

• Stayed January 2014
8 Thank lolabunny230
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Been here over a week now... No bugs none at all I'm here with my bf n daughter till outmr apartment opened up... They clean very well here... Very friendly... Very helpful its not the ideal spot but in a bind need something cheap n nice this is it.. good weekly rates... I've got no real complaints...

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I checked in and paid for the room. After pulling the sheet back and seeing bugs I looked under the bed and saw roach motels filled with roaches. I checked out and asked for a refund. They said I would have to call back which I did and spoke with the manager. She said she would refund me my money. It has been over a month and have not seen any refund.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Kathy D
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Clerk at check in polite and lobby OK but halls n room nasty! 4 $68.94 a not ur much better paying a little more elsewhere. It's $10 more 4 a "premium" room which I was dumb enough to get. I c no difference 4 the additional $10!! The motel wants 25¢ 4 ice and $10. 2 turn phone on! They also won't rent a fridge r microwave 2 u unless ur a monthly guest. Place is disgusting and they allow their maintenance man to drink in halls & be belligerent!! They have roaches under beds. Left and paid$74.74 @ Milldale Econolodge & was beyond happy!!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank ilovedebra
The Meriden Inn M, General Manager at Meriden Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel. We are currently undergoing common area remodeling. All of our premium rooms have been recently upgraded with new carpet, paint, mattresses, and bathroom fixtures. I have spoken to our front desk staff and clarified the procedure on fridge and microwave rental, as both are available to all guests, be they weekly or daily, for a nominal additional charge. We do charge for local calls, and though we take a small deposit, any money that is unused at the end of your stay would be refunded. I have also spoken to our maintenance staff and have been assured they will show the utmost professionalism as representatives of our hotel. Thank you for your review, and we hope to serve you again in the future.

The Meriden Inn
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel had blood all over walls, boyfriend and I were so disgusted that we slept in the car... Save your peanuts and sleep in your car if you have to.. For the sake of your health and well being.. Do not stay at the Meriden.. That is an honest warning.. I would not be surprised if there were roaches of whatever kind living and nesting in the mattresses.. Or walls.. Or carpets.. The room is a walk back in time during the 70s.. But a part of the 70s that your great grandfather wouldn't even want to remember.. The men in world war one who lived in trenches wouldn't bare to live a night at the Meriden.. You've been warned...

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Minibear1212
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I believe my title says it all.

During a power outage during Tropical Storm Irene I booked a room at this “establishment” because it was the only place I could find with availability. The check-out counter consisted of a guy behind glass with one of those sliding drawers to pass your driver’s license, etc. back and forth -- the kind that they have at gas stations. The hallway smelled of stale urine. My room had two (unmade) beds with mattresses that were about 30 years older than I am. Someone had stuck toilet paper over the peep hole. Speaking of holes, they were all over the walls and someone had stuffed what appeared to be a condom into a hole in the ceiling. After sitting on the bed for five minutes (I know, don’t even ask what possessed me to do such a thing) I started itching frantically. I assume that unmade bed was infested with bedbugs. Needless to say I picked up my stuff and immediately checked out. I went back to my place and sat in the dark with no electricity and it was like being at the Four Seasons.

I would rate this nasty, skeevy place negative 5 stars if I could. Please heed my warning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo