“Good et away ,I felt like I was at home ”

Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
“Good et away ,I felt like I was at home ”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

What a weekend get away for 2 days with no kids I ,lo ve this place room 301 was great my room was spotless fresh smell
Great shower the lady at the front made us feel at home we felt like she knew us the manager was great making breakfast great food front desk at reservations she sent us to a great restaurants we had a great geta way thanks to my room great people hospitality I give it a 10 cant wait to go back I jus heard of there suites an jacuzzi I will be enjiyin my next time there .its great

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This property is our choice. Close to highway and restaurants. Nancy always us accomodating and courteous. The rooms are always clean and is a quiet place to get away. They have become my home away from home

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

i checked in hotel on 1/18/2014 for 2 nights i was gretted by a nice young lady Nancy that was very helpful ,to me and my husband .We were getting away for the weekend from Ny ,due to my illness ,i had a great stay at the quality inn and suites ,the young lady also helped us pick out great places to enjoy food ,also recommended places to go i had a great weekend ,the hotel staff was great breakfast was also great i would stay here everytime i go to Connetcuit ,i was very satisfied will all the hospitality that Nancy gave us i have never felt so comfortable thank you quality inn ,my room was also very clean i had the best shower ,as soon as we got to our room the front desk attendant nancy called us too see if our room was ok i was treated like royalty ijn a same town ,nice lobby

Room Tip: they are very nice at the front ask they will accomadte you
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here for family weekend at Wesleyan University (15 min away), all other hotels were booked. Horrible moldy smell in room, stains on walls, huge old TV, not flat screen. I asked for Lysol and they didn't have any so I bought two cans at Walgreens. Tiny bathroom. Refrigerator didn't get cold so manager had to replace it. Unfortunately, there was an out of control teenage party next door that police had to come to in the middle of the night (noise). In the morning, the free breakfast was laughable. Definitely, skip it! Ultimately, we couldn't stay another night. We checked out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Klsmcclain

Travellers are raving about these Meriden hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed for business-4 days. The room was average, bed was ok, had 4 small pillows on it (I thought this was odd) comforter was gross. AC unit clicked on and off all night unless it was set to 60. Upon arriving the smoke detector in my room had a bag taped around it... made me wonder if any other rooms were like that. Shower was dirty, and the room was big and had the basics, but no flat screen or HDTV. The Hot breakfast was poor. Overall, a little pricey for the service and quality but a place to sleep close to 91 and Meriden.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank john d
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Family of 3 stayed overnight on the way to Bar Harbor, ME from Pittsburgh to meet up with family that lives in Meriden.
The parking closest to the hotel was fine, but since we got in late, we had to park in the lot that was along an uncared for patch of land with tall grass and overgrown weeds. This lot was not easily seen from the hotel and made me uneasy (everything ended up fine though).

The guy at the front counter made it seem like it was a bother to open the doors for me while i brought in our bags. He slowly walked out from behind the counter and waved his hands at the sensors while staring at me annoyed.

The lobby was nice, but the elevator was old and shaky/ The floors everywhere but the lobby were sticky. The room was comfortable enough, but there was popcorn under the cushions of the chairs and the fabric shield was torn off of all the furniture in the room...

The room the free breakfast was served in had 2-3 tables and on a Saturday morning was pretty much impossible to eat in. At 8:00am they were out of waffles (pretty much the only breakfast food my 17months old eats) and scrambled eggs. When i asked if there were more coming the staff exhaled, walked into the back and came out with a small plastic cup with batter in it and said, "You are lucky to get this." and walked away. We had already checked out, so my wife, daughter, and I sat in our car eating our paper thin waffle and bowl of tiny sausages before going to meet up with family.

The comments that say there isn’t anything near this hotel are not lying. The strip of road is desolate for a few miles surrounding this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NichC
Presque Isle, Maine
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel provides the poor side of average and value. Over 10 miles from I-91, no flat screen TV"s, very disinterested staff at check in and when we reported that the ice machine on the 3rd floor was broken. Most restaurants are located back towards I-91.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Meriden? Share your experiences!