“Baseball Trip”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Clearwater, Florida
“Baseball Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here as part of a baseball tour. The hotel provides all the basics you need for such type of bus trip, the rooms are adequate and the breakfast is fairly good. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a comfort inn and lost its franchise becoming executive hotel,now it's again a comfort inn. The service is standard and rooms average. Location is not great,meriden is not a nice community. I'd suggest staying elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Oil City, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent one night here when visiting the Hartford area. The room was large and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The grinder restaurant next door provides a quick, easy to get to meal that we found to be delicious, making the location perfect. If we return to the Hartford area, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Thanks for staying via priceline at this so so hotel. When I checked in I asked if this hotel had guest laundry. They said they did and that they also sold laundry detergent at the front desk. I said good. I went up to my room to watch the golf on TV. The view from the room was an eave. If I looked sideways I could see some view but not much. The room on the 2nd floor was actually at street level. There is a fire station about 1/4 mile away so sirens are going all day long. I separated my dirty laundry and went down stairs to buy a detergent for the laundry. There was a young "boy on the desk" who obviously had no training and had never been in customer relations. He was unshaven looked dirty and totally negative when I said I wanted to buy a packet of detergent. When I told him the ladies who checked me in said they had boxes in the desk area, he said they didn't know what they were talking about. He was so obstinate, I didn't want to argue with the boy.

Sunday morning when I went down for breakfast, the place was mobbed. No place to sit. No eggs No coffee. The Indian Lady who was running the Breakfast said it would be about 20 minutes for the eggs. So I just had sausage and apple juice. I complained to the same young boy who was still at the desk and he said they were booked solid that night. and there was nothing that could be done. My advice is put an experienced manager on duty who knows how to handle a crowd, Room was ok and for that I was happy, because that young boy couldn't handle any complaints. If they are busy don't stay there. at any cost. Comfort INN needs new management and a pool on hot summer days.

Room Tip: anything not facing the street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joelay
ComfortInnManager074, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 January 2015
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are recently under new management and we would like to invite you and your family to come and stay with us so that we can show you all the new changes. I am very sorry that you didn't have a pleasant experience during your last stay.

Nicole
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is an excellent location for many reasons. Pharmacies, restaurants (both fast food as well as sit down), and gas stations are all very close to the hotel which is very convenient. There's a good selection of restaurants that will deliver to this location. Despite being right off of the highway and on a busy road, the hotel itself is very quiet. The rooms are immaculate-very clean, the beds are comfortable, and each room has a small refrigerator, a microwave, as well as a coffee maker (coffee and tea are also available in the lobby). The gym is small but has proper and functioning equipment for a good work out. There is a coin operated washer and dryer on property. Complimentary breakfast is available in the morning and is better than many hotels I have stayed at. What really sets this hotel apart from the rest is most definitely the staff. Gaurang, the manager, is more than helpful and the majority of the daytime staff follow suit. They are very accommodating, amiable, and seem more than happy to help. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Meriden.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter. If you are allergic to cigarette smoke ask for a room on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Centreville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Quiet, clean. Pleasant stay. Stopped there on a Saturday night while on the way back from Florida. The desk clerk had some problems with the English language but gave us an excellent price and was very helpful. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the place. We actually had to wait while our room was being cleaned even though it was 7PM. However, the room was immaculate. So were the common areas. I would definitely stay there again. However, do not plan to dine in Meriden. Nothing there except fast food places.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank digby d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!