“Food Service - Restaurant and atmosphere decent”

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Connecticut
“Food Service - Restaurant and atmosphere decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

While at the hotel had dinner in the Sports Bar. Enjoyed a nice pesto chicken with vegetables (were cooked nicely - not mushy vegetables as happen in some hotels), enjoyed a beer from a largish selection and my fellow colleague had an excellent burger with sweet-potato fries. Recomend they get coasters or drinks napkins to put under glasses when they serve - less "drippy"...they did not seem to have any. Did have to waive the credit card around a few times to get attention to pay the bill though. Bartender was pleasant and food service was prompt. Would return for business meeting in the bar.

Room Tip: They are renovating - so ongoing improvements.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
heavenly rhode island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights...arrived and the staff were very pleasant,,,,got to the room and the carpet was filthy, they were happy to move me to another room, but the carpet was worse, moved again that one was okay...but it had been a while since it had seen shampooing..
Breakfast is very expensive at $12.99 and a drink is $1.00 more...
The pool was odd....the bottom had been painted blue with a roller and roller marks all over,looked weird and made for not wanting to swim...seemed unclean...
I must admit I was disappointed with this hotel...The staff and the comfy beds are really the only good things about this hotel.
I probably wouldn't stay here again...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have stayed at this Four Points property on numerous occasions over the past few years, but have never bothered to review it. The management has done a great job in making numerous improvements - new lobby area, new carpeting in the halls, updating the rooms, etc... The front desk service has always been great, but the property itself is beginning to shine. I am still not a fan of the restaurant, which is a sports bar type operation, but it's not a downer. I think they have really made an effort and it shows. The price is always right and it's the best option in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Milliken, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I had to decided to book a reservation for 1 night at this so called "establishment" only because my sister was getting married at a near by facility. My flight had been delayed by many hours so when i had arrived, i just wanted to sit down and enjoy a relaxing quiet meal. I head over to the restaurant, i was greeted immediately and was handed a menu.(staff in restaurant was very pleasant) not exactly the best selection to choose from, but it would do to curb my hunger for the time being. When it came time place my order, I had ordered a cobb salad, only to be told, they were currently out of chicken. Understantable, things happen. My next choice was a pizza, then once again i was informed, they ran out of whole tomatoes. Now beginning to become annoyed, but felt bad for the waiter who you can tell was embarrassed to tell me these things. next selection, london broil. and guess what? yup you guessed it, out of that as well. i just got fed up and left. i asked front desk associate for a take out menu and decided to order from a pizzeria near by. However, when I walked into my room, my appetite had disappeared. The stale moisture in the room had a god awful stench, the carpets had numerous visible stains, and the bed sheets reeked of body odor. The shower curtain was torn, and the toilet seat was hanging on its last limb. Usually I am a pretty easy going person, but after this horrific experience within 1 hour of my arrival, I vowed never ever to stay here again, nor will I ever recommend it here, not even to my worst enemy. I suggest they take the $119.00 I payed for the room, and send the management staff back to school to learn how to actually manage this place. Positives: attentive staff, and a quick snack offered at front desk. (cookies)

Room Tip: you want a good room, your better off staying a motel up the street
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4pointsmanager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Value Guest,

I was very disappointed to read your review and I am sorry to hear that this was your experience at the hotel. I am happy to announce that we have redesigned our menu and chef has worked diligently to ensure that all products on the new menu are in house and will be regularly stocked. I am also sorry to hear about the condition of your room. I can assure you that this is not a typically situation at the hotel and that our housekeeping team does a diligent job on a regular basis to ensure that guest rooms are cleaned to the highest standard. However, I have shared your comments with our executive housekeeper who will ensure hat the situation is addressed. If you happen to read my response I would be more than happy to discuss you experience personally. Your business is very important to us and I would like to try and earn your loyalty back.

Sincerely

Jay Mitchell

Travellers are raving about these Meriden hotels

White Plains, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here recently and I got to tell you, never been so disappointed in all my life, the front desk was really great the gentleman there was really helpfull and nice...the restaurant was ok and the lounge had a very relaxing atmosphere, we ordered steaks and it was cooked perfectly and timely........ The rooms were a disgrace and dirty, how can you say ure renovating but dont bother to clean. Asked to speak to whoever allows this place to operate we were told that, that person was busy and didn't have time to speak with us...we were taken back by this even though we are not a starwood perfered person I guess our money isn't good here or worth speaking to....the buffet was overly priced for what you get, and when asked for items the said sorry we are out of them, cottage cheese, yogurt and cereal other than Cheerios ....also I have stayed at other Starwood hotels and this places coffee was nasty..All in all the service makes this place but management in the hotel needs to maybe take a class on how to interact with guests Ok but wouldn't stay here again or recommend to anyone....candlewood and lidos are two better choices In my opinion

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have an experience that exceed your expectations at the hotel. I am sorry that you and I did not have the opportunity to meet and personally discuss your experience. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority at the hotel. I have shared your comments with both our housekeeping team, front desk and executive chef. Our goal is to correct any of the issues you mentioned in order for them not to affect future guest. If you happen to read my response., I would welcome the opportunity to speak personally with you about the experience. Our goal is for us to listen to guest feedback and make improvements to enhance the guest experience. I am happy to share that we have already began making improvements to some of the items you mentioned. For example, we will begin enhancing our breakfast buffet this week by offering bakery fresh products that include scones, bagels, and various muffins in addition to our already delicious rotating specialty egg dishes, sausage and bacon, pancakes and french toast. I hope you will give us another chance to wow you with our improvements.

Sincerely

Jay Mitchell
New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night last week. The staff was wonderful and the kiddies had a good time in the pool and at breakfast. Being a SPG member we were able to roll the dice for a promo. We got a free breakfast buffet - excellent when you have growing boys!
When we got to the room, I thought that it had come from the set of Archie Bunker. Beige, velour, plaid. The beds were saggy and short sheeted with a beige plaid comforter and beige velour blanket. And, the sheets were rough. The bottom of the comfy chair was falling apart and the bathroom countertop was falling down - literally. There was not enough t.p. left in the bathroom either. (Really, are you so cheap that a spare roll couldn't be left?)

Sorry Starwood, you disappointed us this time. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

So I just stayed at the Meriden Four Points while visiting my daughter at Yale. The Four Points isn't usually my first choice, but it's affordable and the Meriden location was convenient for what it was worth. While the room itself was average, the service was exceptional. I nearly forgot at times I was at the Four Points... Exceptional service. Great value.

Room Tip: Any room will do, as the service is the real seller.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!