“A Time Capsule” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Atlanta, GA
“A Time Capsule”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Wow! Talk about a step back in time!
This place has Zenith television sets - the kind that weigh 200lbs for a 30" screen!

The blanket is the foamy-felt kind! I haven't seen those since the late 80's.

The rooms are great for showing anyone under 35 what hotels use to look like.

The gentleman at the front desk was super friendly and very efficient. Check in was simple.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DB377

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My room was clean and comfortable, and I had no problems at all. I didn't get to try the restaurant, since I was only on the property for 6 hours. Considering I booked what might have been the last hotel room available in Connecticut for some reason, I thought the value was outstanding.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacqueline C
Orange County, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at the Four Points in Meriden in February. I was in town for 3 days attending a wedding. The wedding party had reserved rooms at a slightly discounted rate- so I got my room for $90 a night. I think this is a good price for what I got. The room was a little dated but it was fine. I am a hotel snob and I judge most hotel rooms by the bathroom. This bathroom was nice- on the smaller side but had a lot of counter space!

I only had 2 issues while staying here. First, I couldn't get the AC/Heater to keep the room at a comfortable temperature- it was either too hot or too cold. Second, the people staying in the room next to mine on my last night were EXTREMELY loud. All night and all morning they talked really loud, yelled at each other, watched the TV at a very high volume. The walls are very thin- so- needless to say- I didn't get much sleep that night
I was very grateful that I was offered a late check-out time at no additional charge because my flight did not leave until 5pm.

Ate at the restaurant my first night there. The food was actually pretty good. The drinks were good too! I got 3 free drink coupons and made sure to utilize them all ;)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel is what you would expect from a Four Points hotel in central Connecticut. It is decent, and relatively clean, but certainly nothing fancy.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Rooms were ok - supposedly they're upgrading most of the hotel, so perhaps it'll get better in the future.

Our stay began by entering a moist, warm room. While the A/C kind of worked, it didn't put out enough juice to make the room very comfortable. But since we were using Starpoints to get the room on discount, it wasn't enough to make a stink about things.

The gym was small, but sufficient. The lobby was uninspiring. But overall, it wasn't a bad stay as we passed through the area. I'm always partial to Starwood hotels - and while this wasn't their best hotel, it sure beats all their competitors.

• Stayed May 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay if you are having an event. The room was all little outdated, but beds were comfortable, bathroom was nice and floors were clean. Not really suited for extended stays. Fridge and microwave are extra. No free breakfast and restaurant is somewhat pricey. Ok place, but focus is definitely on the venues

• Stayed May 2012
Weston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times since 2006. It has steadily gone down hill. Back in December 2011 when looking for accommodations we called the hotel for a rate, it was a bit high, so we decided to look on Hotwire (we had used them before & was extremely satisfied with the results). We never book less than a 3 star hotel when booking. We were pleasantly surprised when the Four Points came up when we booked blindly. Wrong. The pool was not heated, the hotel needs staff that are trained properly. The rooms are outdated and worn. We had no soap in our bathroom & the sheets did not fit the bed.The dinner experience was terrible. We did not find satisfaction when we brought our problems to the attention of the Manager,

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4pointsmanager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that when we discussed your experience on the phone that you did not find satisfaction with our resolution and compensation. As you mentioned you have been a guest at the hotel for years and we appericate that. It is our goal to provide a facility and service that will make our guest always choose our hotel when in the area. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations recently. We appericate your feedback and will work dilgently to ensure you and all future guest are satisfied with your future stays. I would however like to note that our hotel under no circumstances discriminates guest based on their booking channels such as priceline or hotwire. Our hotel chooses when to accept these discounted rates based on avaliability and provide accomodations an service to thousands of satified hotwire or priceline customers each year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!