“good value”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Boston, Massachusetts
“good value”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed there while drove to NYC and back to Boston in the same day. We found a coupon in the rest area food court for $60 and it was worth it! It has restaurant, fitness room and indoor swimming pool on site! Great for this price. Not sure we would stay there for $100... Very big king bed room!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Kudos to the staff. Everyone is pleasant and made me feel welcome.
The property is not quite up to SPG standards, but certainly better than some other brands properties that occupy a similar niche.

Oh, the breakfast buffet is yummy.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Wow! Talk about a step back in time!
This place has Zenith television sets - the kind that weigh 200lbs for a 30" screen!

The blanket is the foamy-felt kind! I haven't seen those since the late 80's.

The rooms are great for showing anyone under 35 what hotels use to look like.

The gentleman at the front desk was super friendly and very efficient. Check in was simple.

1 Thank DB377
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My room was clean and comfortable, and I had no problems at all. I didn't get to try the restaurant, since I was only on the property for 6 hours. Considering I booked what might have been the last hotel room available in Connecticut for some reason, I thought the value was outstanding.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacqueline C
Orange County, California
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at the Four Points in Meriden in February. I was in town for 3 days attending a wedding. The wedding party had reserved rooms at a slightly discounted rate- so I got my room for $90 a night. I think this is a good price for what I got. The room was a little dated but it was fine. I am a hotel snob and I judge most hotel rooms by the bathroom. This bathroom was nice- on the smaller side but had a lot of counter space!

I only had 2 issues while staying here. First, I couldn't get the AC/Heater to keep the room at a comfortable temperature- it was either too hot or too cold. Second, the people staying in the room next to mine on my last night were EXTREMELY loud. All night and all morning they talked really loud, yelled at each other, watched the TV at a very high volume. The walls are very thin- so- needless to say- I didn't get much sleep that night
I was very grateful that I was offered a late check-out time at no additional charge because my flight did not leave until 5pm.

Ate at the restaurant my first night there. The food was actually pretty good. The drinks were good too! I got 3 free drink coupons and made sure to utilize them all ;)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel is what you would expect from a Four Points hotel in central Connecticut. It is decent, and relatively clean, but certainly nothing fancy.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Rooms were ok - supposedly they're upgrading most of the hotel, so perhaps it'll get better in the future.

Our stay began by entering a moist, warm room. While the A/C kind of worked, it didn't put out enough juice to make the room very comfortable. But since we were using Starpoints to get the room on discount, it wasn't enough to make a stink about things.

The gym was small, but sufficient. The lobby was uninspiring. But overall, it wasn't a bad stay as we passed through the area. I'm always partial to Starwood hotels - and while this wasn't their best hotel, it sure beats all their competitors.

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!