“Reliable, as always”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Massachusetts
“Reliable, as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stopped here unexpectedly after a delayed flight made for a very late night drive home. Hampton Inn is always a good choice for a simple stay and this property was no exception. The staff was very friendly and welcoming--even my husband commented on how genuinely friendly everyone was. Of course it's not a 5* resort, but the room was very clean, decor is nice, wifi worked great (and free!), and breakfast was good with many options, including hardboiled eggs, which my kids really appreciated. It's also very convenient to the highway and we didn't notice any noise. If you're going to be in central CT, this is a great choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Montclair, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay overall. I do think that they need to revamp their heating system. I stayed stuffy the whole time. The breakfast was excellent and included in the price. The breakfast staff were excelent too. Coffee all of the time was a great perk. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Debra C
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

It is very conveniently located off highway. Check in was easy. 2 Dunking Donuts located nearby, which helped because breakfast was not so great :( Gas stations are close as well, which is good for snacks/food and drinks, as there is no room service, only vending machines with bag snacks and soda machines.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Chad D
Woodland Park, NJ, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The entire staff (desk clerks, breakfast staff, maids)at this hotel was very friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was very clean, the bed linen was clean and fresh, the free breakfast was varied and tasty, and my entire stay was a very pleasant experience! I particularly want to mention that when I was two hours away from the hotel, I remembered that I had left my laptop computer in my room. I called the hotel, and the especially helpful desk clerk on duty found the computer and "overnighted" the computer via UPS to my home! It arrived safe and sound to my home the next day! I wish to thank ALPESH PATEL and that helpful desk clerk for the time and effort they expended to save me a 4 hour trip to return to the hotel! Many, many thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

From the moment I called for reservation, I knew what my expectations were checking in. The friendly momentum from the caring staff continued at checking till the day we checked out. For a small hotel, this establishment delivers, from staff to the quality of rooms especially the decor of the dining/lounge area for breakfast. It was also assuring knowing that the staff was looking for our return next year the same time in February 2015. It is always a pleasure to also know that you have maintained to keep some of your dedicated staff. Until the next Sweetheart Tournament 2015.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Bridgewater, NJ, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel while en route to Wesleyan College, and found the location very convenient . While we only stayed one night, during our time we found the staff to be exceedingly friendly and the rooms to be clean and well-maintained. The hotel is rather small, and does not have any particularly fancy amenities (i.e. a pool), but it served its purpose well. We made use of the complimentary breakfast during our stay, and while the selection was not as big as some other Hampton Inns, the quality of the food was good. Having stayed with my family at Hampton Inns all over the country, I found the Hampton Inn in Meriden to be your "typical" Hampton Inn - not at all a bad thing though when "typical" means affable staff, clean rooms and a good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

West Orange, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

When you enter this hotel, you don't know the wonderful experience the rooms, breakfast service and staff have waiting for you. The room was tasteful and spacious, the breakfast was abundant and the staff there sweet and accommodating, and all the staff of the hotel are friendly and want to make sure you are happy. And the bed was SO comfy, I barely remember closing my eyes at night! I cannot recommend this Hampton Inn enough!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden

Been to Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford? Share your experiences!