“Georgian Luxury”

Ranked #1 of 2 Willand B&B and Inns
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Georgian Luxury”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Muddiford Court has a good website which shows exactly what you are getting (I would like to see prices on a website as it can save time when you are in a hurry to book at late notice, but realise some fluctuate during seasons) I am so thankfull that we waited for a reply without booking somewhere else in the meantime though. This was just the most perfect accommodation and it is definately on my list of those to return to. Every detail has been thought out so carefully, the colour schemes are perfect and the views of the grounds from each side are just fabulous. I had my morning tea watching rabbits jump through the garden hedge from our bedroom window and after a delicious breakfrast saw an egret land on the pond outside the dining room! There is a beautiful touch of luxury worked into a house of history so perfectly. I want to live there!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Torpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Just spent an overnight stay at Muddifords for my Mother's 70th Birthday and although we did not see as much of Nick & Pip this time, it was still a great experience as the place itself is fantastic. The location, the rooms and the breakfast are all amazing. My Sister and I took my Mother for 5 nights back in May as an early 70th birthday treat as we thought the weather would be nicer than in September, and we had such an amazing break with lovely weather that we decided to go back for one night with our other halves and our brother and his partner to do it all again. We had a superb meal at the Hartnoll Hotel which is about 10 - 20 minutes away by car (watch which taxi you get as some are rip offs!!!, so get a price up front before you leave) then spent the night at Muddifords, had a hearty brekky before a shopping trip then home, so a bit of a full-on break, but still great. The 5 night stay was much more chilled out & relaxing, but we are already looking forward to another trip next year. Well done Nicki & Pip, keep up the good work. See you soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Muddiford's Court was all I hoped for. unfortunately we were only using it as a stopover on the way to Cornwall but everything was lovely. The Lilac room was elegantly furnished , very comfortable and a good size. The views to the side and rear of the house were pleasant. Pip was a great host and found the correct balance of friendliness and professionalism.

The grounds are gorgeous and the house well maintained and refurbished without losing the Georgian aspects. When the grounds mature more they should be stunning.

Breakfast was lovely and hot and good choices.

I think this is underpriced for what you get and I would have paid more!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Plymouth
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My parents have just returned from a 2 night stay at Muddifords court. I booked this hotel after seeing it on 4 in a bed. It was my parents diamond wedding anniversary and I wanted them to stay somewhere special. Wow!! From the numerous phone calls to Nicky , one to change the dates. Nothing was too much trouble. My mum and dad arrived and were shown to a room that had red roses in and sherry, can't think of any where this would happen. Nicky even gave mum her national trust card to use for her visit. Their bill was casually emailed to me a week later. Most hotels want payment before you arrive and a credit card for the extras. I am so glad I chose Muddifords court for their celebration. Thankyou Nicky and pip

Room Tip: My parents chose the willow room because of the twin beds and the beautiful bathroom with shower and...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed for two nights with my partner as a late birthday present and we had a wonderful time. Nicky and Pip are so welcoming and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. I'd never stayed in a B&B before because I worried about staying in someone's home but we didn't feel like we were imposing in any way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it now. Great choice of breakfasts, very reasonable prices and beautiful décor and furnishings throughout. The house and rooms were spotlessly clean and it's a good central location to visit lots of other places. Just wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the_salisbury_davies
Essex,
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Even the entry gates make you feel special, as they open majestically to let you into this quiet haven of luxury. Muddifords is just the right place to chill out and be mellow. Lovely rooms, delicious breakfasts and welcoming hosts, that all come together to make your stay especially rewarding. The grounds are worth exploring and Nicola or Pip will show you around their 'work-in-progress' projects; weddings and glamping. I am tempted to try out the Fisherman's Cottage or the Shepherd's Hut. Clean, comfy and good value - this is the place to be for an excellent Bed n Breakfast.

Room Tip: Willow has a deep Victorian bath and a large shower!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This bed and breakfast is the best I have ever stayed in. We have just spent the weekend at Muddifords for a wedding, and Nic and Pip (the owners) couldn't have been better hosts. All four rooms are beautifully decorated, very well equipped and with fantastic bathrooms. Breakfast was delicious and served in a lovely dining room. I will definitley be coming back to visit with the girls, and the fella may even be treated to the four poster bed if he's well behaved.

Room Tip: All four rooms are brilliant. You would be lucky to sleep in any of them.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willand
The Hartnoll Hotel
#4 of 4 in Tiverton
The Globe Inn
The Globe Inn
#1 of 2 in Sampford Peverell

Been to Muddifords Court Country House? Share your experiences!