“Amazing!!”

Muddifords Court Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Willand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We had our wedding at this amazing venue on the 13th April 2013. The atmosphere was homely friendly and welcoming. Pip and Nicky are amazing hosts and genuinely lovely people. The rooms were gorgeously decorated exetr emery clean and comfortable with all amenities. The breakfasts were 2nd to none. If I didn't live so closely I would stay here often. As a wedding/ function venue it is unique, beautifully decorated and everyone who attended our ceremony couldn't stop praising it. It definately deserves 5* and I would highly recommend for a stay

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful however there is a Newley refurbished round house is amazing
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank theparkers2013

Reviewed 20 April 2013

My trip was a visit to the area on business for just one night. I choose the hotel due to its non travel lodge nature but within 5 minutes of the M5.

I arrived a day early according to the booking information so when I arrived late on the weekday the hotel was not lit. However on ringing the bell I was welcomed with open arms and the room was ready and of a very high standard. I stayed in the lilac room.

As I had booked late and there were vacancies I was offered a discount as a late single person and as I did not have the full breakfast this was also discounted. The total cost was £85. If I was to clasify this accomodation I was put it as full 5 star and I rarely stay in anyother grade.

This is due to the beautiful grounds and listed type building, excellent welcome, antique or state of the art furtiture and equipment, chef quality cooking, quality in room and in bathroom provisions and totally coordinated decoration and furnishings.

The only downside was that the free wifi did not reach my room (the lilac room) so I had to access it from their office. A good booster or secondary system would be a huge improvement to their offer.

If I am within 20 miles this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask which room has best internet if you need it. Lilac room does not.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank watchdogBirmingham
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Where do I start..!! My husband and I were booked in for one night, but with amazing hospitality and a truly beautiful and relaxing place to stay we decided to stay another night. Trust me you will not be disappointed, the rooms are gorgeous. We booked into The Willow which was stunning and had the most amazing bathroom, but with any of the rooms you will be spoilt for choice. Nicki and Pip are wonderful and make you feel so welcome, they keep everything spotless and I must say Pips breakfast is amazing and you are spoilt for choice, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was my favourite.

Well done Nicki and Pip you have a Gem of a home and can't wait to return thanks again guy's..!! Caroline & Ian.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cazzino
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed just one night :( at Muddiford Court as part of a course. have stayed at many hotels and B&B's around the world and one word sums up this 'B&B', perfect. From the beautiful rooms and grounds, fantastic owners and one of the best breakfasts I have ever had away from home, I defy anyone to give lower than 5 stars for this gem of a place....

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be a good choice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hoseason
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Muddiford Court has a good website which shows exactly what you are getting (I would like to see prices on a website as it can save time when you are in a hurry to book at late notice, but realise some fluctuate during seasons) I am so thankfull that we waited for a reply without booking somewhere else in the meantime though. This was just the most perfect accommodation and it is definately on my list of those to return to. Every detail has been thought out so carefully, the colour schemes are perfect and the views of the grounds from each side are just fabulous. I had my morning tea watching rabbits jump through the garden hedge from our bedroom window and after a delicious breakfrast saw an egret land on the pond outside the dining room! There is a beautiful touch of luxury worked into a house of history so perfectly. I want to live there!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Just spent an overnight stay at Muddifords for my Mother's 70th Birthday and although we did not see as much of Nick & Pip this time, it was still a great experience as the place itself is fantastic. The location, the rooms and the breakfast are all amazing. My Sister and I took my Mother for 5 nights back in May as an early 70th birthday treat as we thought the weather would be nicer than in September, and we had such an amazing break with lovely weather that we decided to go back for one night with our other halves and our brother and his partner to do it all again. We had a superb meal at the Hartnoll Hotel which is about 10 - 20 minutes away by car (watch which taxi you get as some are rip offs!!!, so get a price up front before you leave) then spent the night at Muddifords, had a hearty brekky before a shopping trip then home, so a bit of a full-on break, but still great. The 5 night stay was much more chilled out & relaxing, but we are already looking forward to another trip next year. Well done Nicki & Pip, keep up the good work. See you soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Muddiford's Court was all I hoped for. unfortunately we were only using it as a stopover on the way to Cornwall but everything was lovely. The Lilac room was elegantly furnished , very comfortable and a good size. The views to the side and rear of the house were pleasant. Pip was a great host and found the correct balance of friendliness and professionalism.

The grounds are gorgeous and the house well maintained and refurbished without losing the Georgian aspects. When the grounds mature more they should be stunning.

Breakfast was lovely and hot and good choices.

I think this is underpriced for what you get and I would have paid more!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Been to Muddifords Court Country House? Share your experiences!