“Cute and Clean”

Inn at Middletown
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middletown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I sadly admit that I am not much of an adventurer when it comes to selecting a hotel. I tend to go to Marriotts or Hiltons knowing that I will be greeted by a professional level of service and will open the door to a clean room. So, I was a tad nervous coming to this property. Well, that was silly of me--this hotel was just great! It was clean, nicely appointed, and quiet. We weren't too sure about parking but we managed to use metered street parking right in front. I think metering stops around 6-7pm and doesn't resume until 10am. Perfect for us. The hotel does offer alternatives (I think for a modest cost but not located on the immediate property). Our reason for being in the area was to attend a performance at Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam. We experienced an easy 20 minute drive each way. If in the area again, I will return and I will try the Tavern--it looks quite good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking a leap of faith decided to stay at the Inn at Middletown. We really pride ourselves on our high quality of product and service and I am glad that we met your expectations. Our setting and location allows our guests to check in, unwind and relax and make it a home away from home. Hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Excellent service and convenient location. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was very helpful when I had a scare about losing my phone. The parking is free and very convenient. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Henry S
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Inn at Middletown. I am so happy that not only we met your service and quality expectations but we also found your phone. Losing a phone these days can be a real tramatic experience so that had to be the icing on the cake which made your stay a perfect one. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Middletown.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I often stay here on business. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. The bar has a good selection of beers and the restaurant serves a wide selection of food. I especially recommend the Five onion soup and the Chilli. The mains are often very ample but there a bar menu from which I can recommend the burgers for a smaller meal.

There's a good breakfast menu or at busy periods a buffet breakfast as well. Book early for weekend stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Inn at Middletown. We take great pride in our food and beverage operation and are pleased that you found the product and service to be of high quality. We look forward to having you back with us when you return to Middletown.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We needed a place to stay when a family member was rushed to the Middlesex Hospital. We were told by the hospital staff that it was very close by and right near some nice restaurants.

We found the staff to be very friendly (cookies on the desk were yummy and took the edge off), the room and bathroom were large, clean and very quiet. Bedding was very comfortable and we found it to be a lovely respite after spending a difficult day at the hospital.

There is a tavern in the hotel for dinner and breakfast is available but pricey. Parking on the street is available and there is a lot two blocks from the hotel.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us at the Inn at Middletown under what I am sure was a streeful time for you. With our location only a block away from the hospital I hope it made things easier for you. Hopefully you will stay with us again under different circumstances. I will share your nice comments to my entire team.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Inn at Middletown provides a good experience. The staff is courteous and helpful; the rooms are clean and up to date; the service and food at the attached tavern is very good; and the breakfast service and food is very good. The gym is on the small side, but it was there at least. My only real suggestion for improvement would be that management should recognize that Internet service is really not seen as an option these days... so when it stops working (as it did during our stay) it really should not be left to the next morning to fix it. I'd go back.

1  Thank EricW4555
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I am so glad that you enjoyed your overall experience at the Inn at Middletown. I appreciate your comments regarding the internet and we are addressing the issue as we have increased our bandwidth and are installing new industrial routers on each floor. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is the last hotel my daughter & I stayed in during our college tour week. She liked it very much - a bit more than I did. The room was typical & average - could use an update but perhaps the decor was just not to my liking. Also thought the bathroom floor could have been a bit cleaner. But overall our stay was very pleasant.

It was easy to walk to any restaurant in downtown Middletown not to mention the 2 blocks to Wesleyan. The hotel staff was also very helpful - would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Inn at Middletown for your visit to Wesleyan University. Our location is perfect for exploring the city and the university. We hope to see you in the future if your daughter decides to attend the university.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Charming Inn with excellent food in the Tavern. The Tavern service was prompt and friendly. The location is right on the Town's Main Street, so it is close to everything. Friendly local crowd in the Tavern.

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor if possible.