My boyfriend and I had just left a concert in Hartford and were planning to go to the beach the next day, so we searched for hotels halfway between the two. The minute we stepped in, we questioned our decision because of the stale cigarette odor, the bulletproof glass protecting the clerk, and the stained carpeting down the dimly lit hallway. Because of the time of night and the fact that we really only needed a room for 8 hours, we paid and headed down the hall. Once inside the room, it only got worse. The hand towel was rougher than sandpaper, the carpet felt sticky and matted down, and the stale cigarette smell was permanently sealed into the walls. Five minutes later, we approached the man being protected by glass and asked for a refund. He gave us half our money back. We then drove a few extra miles to a Comfort Inn and had a restful night of sleep. I would advise against the Passport Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Five Minutes from Wesleyan University, near Powder Ridge Ski area, shopping and restaurants. Refrigerators and Microwaves in rooms. Some rooms have a private balcony. We offer convenience, comfort and A Good Night's Sleep to those traveling for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Passport Inn & Suites Middletown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Passport Inn & Suites Middletown Hotel Middletown
- Passport Inn And Suites Middletown