(Friday, May 3, 2013) Just before we booked a king bed/non-smoking room at the Passport Inn & Suites, we called the motel owner to clarify their pet policy & to confirm the final cost of the room. I must say that it was very difficult to finally get a direct line to the motel, since most internet numbers go through booking agencies. The internet price was $59.99 plus 15% tax. The owner confirmed this rate, so we expected to pay $69 ($59.99 & $9.00 tax) for 2 people with a small dog. When we checked in, we waited & waited for someone to man the desk. feeling quite like trespassers, (Ring for service.) It was a small waiting foyer, with the desk front, a strong smell of previous Indian food, a hallway, & a closed downstairs door. I was charged a dodgy new rate of $79. When I asked why the cost was so different from the phone quote, I was told that this was the rate. I then asked if any of my membership cards would apply, so we could get the room rate down to the price quoted? Our AARP, AAA, or my husband's senior age (65) did not get us a discount. Furthermore, this motel is not affiliated with any of the reward cards that we use (like Red Roof or Wyndham), so there was no help there. After going to our room, we realized that we had not been given any information about their internet connection, where the ice was, pool, breakfast, or if there was a laundry room. We waited & waited (again-about 10 min) for the owner to respond to the call button. We felt like we were being a bother; however, a few other guests were waiting, too. We had spent 7 weeks on the road, trying many different brands of hotels & motels for a total of 40 nights. We feel qualified to say that the Passport Inn & Suites was not only overpriced-making it a poor value, but also disinterested in giving appropriate customer service. It was the 2nd worst experience of our trip. We paid an average of $56.50 nightly for lodging with a dog. This room was the highest price we paid for any motel night on our trip. (No pool, no laundry, no service, & coffee/breakfast pastries mentioned in a previous review were not apparent or offered to us. Cannot imagine borrowing an office cup & bringing our own water for the vanishing desk clerk to heat for our own instant morning coffee.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Five Minutes from Wesleyan University, near Powder Ridge Ski area, shopping and restaurants. Refrigerators and Microwaves in rooms. Some rooms have a private balcony. We offer convenience, comfort and A Good Night's Sleep to those traveling for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Passport Inn & Suites Middletown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Passport Inn & Suites Middletown Hotel Middletown
- Passport Inn And Suites Middletown