“Not bad but I would keep looking” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Milford

SpringHill Suites Milford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Milford
New York City, New York
“Not bad but I would keep looking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. It's certainly not a bad hotel but I probably won't return. I think it was the price point, I paid about 200 dollars for the room and it was maybe worth 90. In addition it was nearly impossible to get breakfast the next day since it was packed (maybe a family reunion or something) and kind of out of the way in terms of getting to other places. I think the price point left a bad taste in my mouth and had it been less, I would have had a different perspective.

Room Tip: Don't spend more than 100 bucks a night for this room. You can stay at the Fairfield for less mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mountainview29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

There wasn't a lot wrong with this hotel but there wasn't a lot great either. With the variety of hotels nearby, I'd likely stay in another before returning here.
The hotel is convenient to 95. While I could hear the traffic from my room, I'm a relatively light sleeper and it didn't bother me. The staff was fabulous.
I'd never stayed in a Springhill suites and I think I'd look for a different brand the next time, mostly not due to anything wrong just not what I was looking for. The room seemed a little worn. The way it was set up meant that the sleeping area was large enough only for the king-sized bed. The other part of the room held a sleep sofa, desk, fridge and microwave. That was nice and maybe a little roomier than an average hotel room. Unfortunately it didn't help solve my problem---traveling with a kid when mom likes to get up early and kid likes to sleep in. The privacy divider between the living room area and the sleeping area wasn't enough really. It would have been nice to be able to have the kid in one space and to be able to use the other one to sleep in. Again, not the fault of the hotel particularly.
I did notice that the pool isn't really sufficient for the size of the hotel. It can hold 12 people and there was often more than that in the pool that night. Other than a sign posting that was the limit, I'm not sure what was to be done about it. The pool looked like it could comfortably hold maybe 2 to 4 people. Or maybe it was just the behavior of the people in the pool at the time....several of whom seemed to be actively trying to drown each other while others jumped into the pool or splashed each other. I finally pulled my kid from the pool and half expected to hear about something happening in the news the next morning. Not particularly the fault of the hotel except it really looked like one of the smallest hotel pools we've seen. Clearly it gets used. Might help to have it expanded if it's to be a feature and not a liability.
I did like the fact that it had a little space to get a drink and maybe do some work. I didn't take advantage of it but I would have if I'd been alone and enjoyed it.
The breakfast was lovely....got there at 6:30 when it opened and it was lovely. Jam-packed at 8:30 when I took the kid down.

Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I spent 6 days here while visiting family in CT. Hotel was great - staff very helpful and always willing to assist with suggestions of things to do in the area. Clean facility - breakfast (complimentary) decent and fresh fruit daily. Complimentary WiFi is a big bonus. Family and business hotel (saw lots of both).
Pool seemed small for the size of the hotel but was always clean and kids seemed to have fun.
Esau checked us in and could not have been more pleasant or helpful

Room Tip: Back of hotel is quieter
1 Thank Anne_Pereira
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have been staying at the Springhill Milford, CT, for business trips for the past 6 years. The customer service is amazing. All staff are friendly, and they have all gone above and beyond for me several times. On my most recent visit, Ernie, volunteered to help me with my massive suitcase! Excellent for value business travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank robyn s
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed at SpringHill Suites for two nights in June. The location is very close to I-95, which is why I believe it was so busy. Check-in was friendly, and our room was ready upon arrival. When attempting to get to our room, we had to dodge several housekeeping carts - and none of the housekeepers seemed to care to move. I agree with other reviewers that mentioned the lack of elevators - there is only one and it seems like it is always occupied and slow. The room was alright - although I did not care for the decor or layout. It felt rather dated - and not what I expected for a suite. The property looks great from the outside but could definitely use an update on the inside. Breakfast was okay and checkout was friendly. Look into staying at other places before booking this property.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Comments such as yours assist in improving the level of service we provide. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping staff and their carts blocking the hallway. We feel we have designed a plan to minimize the impact on our customers. I was pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and you enjoyed the breakfast. I am happy to report that we will be undergoing upgrades to the property in the fall. We hope to see you again on a return trip through the area. Best Regards, Michael Hamilton
Southern NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our large family stayed in a suite with room for six (apparently, you must book for five in the room, however). There were two double beds plus a pull out sofa. All linens were clean and fresh. Our room was extra large as it was handicapped accessible which worked out nicely for us. The room also had a small sink, fridge and microwave. Air conditioning worked well and was needed on a hot, humid day.
The kids used the small, indoor pool. They liked it for a quick dip but couldn't do much else if there were too many others around. There was also a hot tub. A fitness room was near the pool and although we din't use it, was open 24 hours.
Check in was quick and easy, although, as it turns out, there was a slight glitch later in the evening when another hotel staff person checked a second family into our room, while we were in there! As a result, our room keys were no longer valid, thus requiring another trip to the front desk where apologies were given and everything fixed very quickly. Hey, mistakes happen.
The breakfast was nice, plentiful and ready at 6:30 am on a Sunday! That really came in handy because we needed to be out the door at 7:00. There was a huge selection for all tastes and diets. There were scrambled eggs, veggie sausages, oatmeal (with multiple toppings), yogurt, juices, make your own waffles, plenty of breads/muffins, coffee and tea. We had no problem finding what we needed and the staff was terrific keeping a watch over the buffet, filling as needed.
Overall, great place to stay with great access to 95. All staff we encountered were wonderful. Front desk even has a list of area restaurants with directions from the hotel as well as takeout menus from local places that deliver.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. I apologize about the inconvenience with your room keys but am happy to hear that my front desk staff corrected the issue. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We have had rave reviews on the new breakfast that was rolled out to all SpringHill Suites at the beginning of July. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you through the Milford area again. Best Regards, Michael Hamilton
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Springhill Suites in Milford, Ct was immaculate, friendly employees, beautiful flowers on the grounds. We were also there on one of the hottest days so far July 4th, the air conditioning worked great and we even saw some gorgeous fireworks from our window. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judyr51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Hampton Inn Milford
#3 of 13 in Milford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Milford

Been to SpringHill Suites Milford? Share your experiences!