“Nice Accommodations and good value.”

SpringHill Suites Milford
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Utica, New York, Usa
“Nice Accommodations and good value.”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've stayed at Marriott properties for years but this was the first visit to a Springhill Suites. The overall experience is a step below the Residence Inn but it's perfectly acceptable and less expensive. The location of this hotel was perfect for me. The staff, as always at Marriott, were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I requested a first floor room relatively near the fitness center and pool. It was fine; no extra no...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ray B
Michael H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience. I am happy to hear that the team delivered on the experience you have come to expect from Marriott. Should your needs require extended stay accommadations our Residence Inn is located right next door. Best Regards, Michael Hamilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Largo, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband and I have frequented this location at least once a year for the past 5 years. The suites are located just off I-95, which is very convenient when we visit our daughter at Yale. We aren't willing to spend the premium prices in New Haven and this is a great alternative. Plus, being Marriott Rewards members we have the benefit of enjoying some free nights. Rooms have always been clean, staff is friendly and accommodating to our requests ( i.e., extra pillows, quiet room away from elevator), and the breakfast buffet is satisfying.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side, away from interstate, and at either end of building are quieter. Don't get...
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This served the purpose of a quick stop over.

Pro's
Easy to find
Pool and hot tub
Clean rooms and courteous staff

Con's
Very small pool packed with screaming kids
Breakfast area small and jam packed with people
Smallest SpringHill suites room I have ever been in.

I would stay here again as the stay was fine, but I don't think I would do an extended stay here.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dudspizza
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the SpringHill suites as a little getaway from home. We also live in Connecticut - so it was also nearby. Right off I-95. When I travel, I always strive to stay at a Marriott property. I have never been disappointed. The SpringHill Suites Milford, CT met those same expectations for our little "getaway." What I was most amazing and strikingly surprised was the options of a nice healthy breakfast. We were able to come down stairs and make our plates and place on a tray to eat in our room. The food was fresh and well displayed. There were eggs, assortment of bread and muffins, bagels, sausage, juices, fruit coffee, tea, yogurts, whole fruit, hot and cold cereal and more. . . .

If your looking for a getaway with your partner - check it out!!! We had a great evening.

Room Tip: Weekend rates are generally less!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on our breakfast. We have seen comments such as yours since the roll out of our new breakfast in July. There seems to be something for everyone and there are plenty of healty options. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Michael Hamilton
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We came to Ct. for a wedding. We chose this hotel because it was conveniently located between the church and reception hall. Our overall experience was great. The staff was very accommodating in getting us an early check in so we could dress for the wedding. Received a great room rate and enjoyed the free breakfast, much variety...staff always smiling. Loved the layout of our room and the kitchen space..came in very handy. Concern about the pool being located right next to elevator...the floor was always wet, otherwise we would definitely stay here again...thank you for giving us a great stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. It's certainly not a bad hotel but I probably won't return. I think it was the price point, I paid about 200 dollars for the room and it was maybe worth 90. In addition it was nearly impossible to get breakfast the next day since it was packed (maybe a family reunion or something) and kind of out of the way in terms of getting to other places. I think the price point left a bad taste in my mouth and had it been less, I would have had a different perspective.

Room Tip: Don't spend more than 100 bucks a night for this room. You can stay at the Fairfield for less mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mountainview29
Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

There wasn't a lot wrong with this hotel but there wasn't a lot great either. With the variety of hotels nearby, I'd likely stay in another before returning here.
The hotel is convenient to 95. While I could hear the traffic from my room, I'm a relatively light sleeper and it didn't bother me. The staff was fabulous.
I'd never stayed in a Springhill suites and I think I'd look for a different brand the next time, mostly not due to anything wrong just not what I was looking for. The room seemed a little worn. The way it was set up meant that the sleeping area was large enough only for the king-sized bed. The other part of the room held a sleep sofa, desk, fridge and microwave. That was nice and maybe a little roomier than an average hotel room. Unfortunately it didn't help solve my problem---traveling with a kid when mom likes to get up early and kid likes to sleep in. The privacy divider between the living room area and the sleeping area wasn't enough really. It would have been nice to be able to have the kid in one space and to be able to use the other one to sleep in. Again, not the fault of the hotel particularly.
I did notice that the pool isn't really sufficient for the size of the hotel. It can hold 12 people and there was often more than that in the pool that night. Other than a sign posting that was the limit, I'm not sure what was to be done about it. The pool looked like it could comfortably hold maybe 2 to 4 people. Or maybe it was just the behavior of the people in the pool at the time....several of whom seemed to be actively trying to drown each other while others jumped into the pool or splashed each other. I finally pulled my kid from the pool and half expected to hear about something happening in the news the next morning. Not particularly the fault of the hotel except it really looked like one of the smallest hotel pools we've seen. Clearly it gets used. Might help to have it expanded if it's to be a feature and not a liability.
I did like the fact that it had a little space to get a drink and maybe do some work. I didn't take advantage of it but I would have if I'd been alone and enjoyed it.
The breakfast was lovely....got there at 6:30 when it opened and it was lovely. Jam-packed at 8:30 when I took the kid down.