“dandy!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Saint Albans, Vermont
“dandy!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I stayed over this past weekend. The staff was incredibly friendly. We ended up having to move rooms due to a heat issue and the front desk staff was very nice about it. Love the mini suite set up of the rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Washington, DC, USA
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel, by virtue of its semi-suite rooms and free breakfast was just right for a family stay. The room was well-appointed and well-laid out, with the bonus extra of a mini-kitchenette area.

Pretty clean overall, but the halls got a little dirty quickly from the tracked-in snow salt, etc. from a recent storm (not really the hotel's fault). The breakfast area was decent and had a reasonable selection, but not as a good of a variety as at other SpringHill locations. Having a bar/lounge in the hotel was a nice bonus, too, as most of this brand do not. Good service there.

The internet access was just awful. It never worked. Regardless of device, time of day, how many restarts, calls to the tech support line, it just didn't work. I had my own hotspot which I used, as I just gave up trying the hotel system. The front desk staff wasn't much help here, other than offering to have maintenance come to our room - which would have been a bit more intruding than I would have preferred.

Front desk staff was overall very friendly. However, that friendliness got a little too casual at times, including having the woman there talking to another guest (in person) while on the phone with me. A bit rude, I must say. The staff also didn't do a great job overseeing the pool use. At one point, there were about 10 young kids in there, most unsupervised (a violation of posted rules). The kids' behavior varied from poor to acceptable, but this would have been a great time for the staff to step in and take some sort of action. There were also no towels at the pool, which, being located about 20 feet from the front desk. seemed to be a forgotten place in the building.

Once it our room, the hotel was just fine and for $94 was a good deal for the suite and for the several people we had to feed at breakfast. If the management were a bit more active in resolving the relatively minor issues quickly, I would have been a lot more satisfied.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from I-95 (to the back of the hotel)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for providing feedback. First of all, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the internet outage on property during your stay; we understand how important internet access is to our guests and I've spoken with my front desk staff about offering assistance in such cases. Similarly, I have spoken with the front desk staff regarding proactive monitoring of the pool area to ensure the rules are being followed and that the towels are stocked. I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing an excellent guest experience.

Michael Hamilton, GM
Milford
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room offered everything we need for a two-night stay. However, I remain convinced that the window needs to have a shade to block the outside light and protect the guests' privacy, especially on the first floor. Most people cannot sleep with any kind of outside light filtering into their room. We enjoyed the morning breakfast; it's so diverse. The location is great with just about 2 minutes from I-95.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here the weekend before Christmas with my wife. We're local to the area (about an hour away) but decided to get caught up on shopping and take advantage of a points offer. The hotel is located conveniently off I-95, which also means that there could be highway noise. Fortunately, the hotel is buffered from the highway by a good, solid tree line, and the noise wasn't bad at all. Check-in was very quick, and the staff was very friendly, so we were up in our room in no time at all. We had a king sized bed suite, and the room was updated and clean, and in line with what I have come to expect from this brand. There aren't a whole lot of dining options in the immediate vicinity, however, if you drive 5 or 10 minutes up the Post Road, there is just about every type of dining and shopping experience you can imagine. I would definitely consider spending the night here again if doing this sort of trip next year.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, consider requesting a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank huskyhoops
London, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

From the moment we arrived I knew we had made a good choice in hotels. The first impression upon entering the Lobby and the Hotel Staff's greeting are most often indicative of what lays ahead. It is not grand or impressive but it is welcoming, clean etc. and gives one the feeling of a good place that you can make your home for the next 4 or 5 days, the planned length of our stay. A car is a necessity for this hotel since it is located about 15 minutes to New Haven, Yale etc. and there was not a good transit system available from what I saw. A large mall is located about 5 minutes away that has a good movie theater. Our suite was a spacious with a good size flat screen TV, large desk for a notebook and work materials, a microwave, sink, small fridge and coffee station. The bedroom area had a closet, an attached open grooming area with sink and a separate washroom with bathtub and shower facility. The pool area was good with a hot tub as well and a small exercise room with treadmill etc. The Breakfast room was above average with a nice variety of food choices of which all were of a better quality than many other hotels offering breakfast included. I must admit I took great advantage of their 24 hour coffee station in the main lobby that offed hazelnut, french vanilla &standard creamers, honey& tea etc. The elevator is very slow to the point I would rather take the stairs other than the stair wells are at the extreme ends of the hotel and the lobby and all other things you do in this hotel are situated dead center. I would suggest upgrading the elevator flooring to tile, granite etc. Overall I was happy to be able to say that after staying at a Comfort Inn in Syracuse (inexpensive) and the OMNI in New Haven (somewhat expensive) that I felt this was the best value of the bunch on this trip offering alot for those willing and able to do things for themselves.

I would like to say thank you to Christina at the front desk (the person that was outstanding)whom was so helpful and a joy to converse with. I hope the management realizes what an excellent employee you have in her and help make sure that she has the flexibilty and tools achieve her goals and be succesful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
memphis, tn
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We booked a room through priceline and felt the room was an excellent value for the price we paid. Easy to access everything in the room. Loved the shower. Felt the room was clean and comfortable for an overnight stop. No complaints. Breakfast was also nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marlene S
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in August for a fist to New Haven. This is a good option for families with young children, as the double rooms have two double beds separate from a living area with a sofa, chair, TV and microwave/mini fridge. The sink is also separate from the shower. The breakfast buffet and indoor are added pluses for families with small children.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family