“Doesn't honor advertised specials” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Milford

SpringHill Suites Milford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Tallahassee, Florida
“Doesn't honor advertised specials”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Milford the in October 2010. It was a night where it was almost impossible to find a room from Hartford on down to at least to Milford. We happened to get probably the last room late at night and they would not honor the discount coupon they advertised. While the room rate wasn't exorbitant, I still felt that they took advantage of the fact that rooms were scarce. They also would not honor the Senior Discount. They even told me that Marriott does not give a Senior Discount unless you are a Marriott rewards member which I know isn't true as I've stayed at a lot of Marriott hotels (Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Marriott and SpringHill Suites in other towns) where they gave you the discount regardless of whether you are a rewards member or not. Bottom line, don't insult my knowledge/intelligence. Just tell me you are taking advantage of people because of the scarcity of rooms. Shame on you SpringHill Suites Milford.

Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Tally010
Colwen_Management, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 27 October 2010
Thank you for your recent response. The Traveler Discount coupon is available on a walk in and availability basis. The market was sold out this evening and while we make every attempt to work with our customers, unfortunately we could not on this particular weekend. I will be sure to clarify to my front office associates the requirements of who is eligible for available discounts (senior or other). We value our customers experience and they assist us in exceeding our guests’ expectations.

We hope the next time you are in the Milford, CT area you give us another chance to live up to and exceed your expectations.

Michael Hamilton, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. We found the hotel to be easy to locate and convenient to I95.
Our room had 2 doubles and a pull-out sofa bed and seemed quite spacious. The bathroom could have been configured better - but was clean.
The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. We really appreciated the free breakfast (one of the better spreads I have seen at this type of hotel) -- as there did not appear to be much in terms of restaurants etc at this exit.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

We originally wanted to stay at the Hyatt Place in Milford, but the price here was better.
On the plus side, Springhill Suites is conveniently located, staff is friendly, and the hotel is clean. We had to check out very early, so I can't comment on the breakfast.

On the other hand, the room was smaller than what you get at a Hyatt Place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night, but because I had gotten up very early (3am) the day I checked in I was extremely tired and hoped to take a nap before my friends arrived. The staff bent over backwards to make sure I was able to not only check in early, but have a pristine, comfortable room, facing away from the highway and very quiet even with the windows open. This hotel has wonderfully plush pillows and luxuriously crisp, soft high-thread-count linens. Added to the amenities of the room, the pre-packaged food available 24 hours in the lobby, and the delicious breakfast in the morning, this was a fantastic value for just under $115/night. I was the only one who slept in my room, but it could have easily slept 6 people.

My only complaint was that the pool did not have longer hours. Opening at 10am and closing at 9pm was a little disappointing. Otherwise, a great hotel and a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

overall really great value- loved the suite-like set-up. a few minor concerns. no central a/c but a big window unit with heat and a/c settings. very efficient but a constant "background" noise. also check those a/c filters. they are easily removable and will probably need to be rinsed in the sink under hot water. if your bathroom sink drains slowly, the front desk will take care of it immediately. evita and gigi were wonderful and very gracious. i have to also recognize esau at the front desk- he was very courteous and professional and made us feel very welcome at check-in time. i would highly recommend the springhill suites. you will get the best price through priceline.com.......we paid $81.00/night. could have gotten it for $75.00/night if i had booked the day before. by the way, a continental breakfast is included. a geat value for a lot of accomodations. and very safe.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

I was very pleased with my stay here. Check in was quick, the guys at the front desk were very nice. To the right of the check in desk is a little "store" where you can buy chips, soda, bottled water etc. Across from the front desk is the breakfast room which I did not use (but was very busy when I left in the morning) and tucked in a back corner a little bar for a quiet drink. My suite was extremely clean. It had a kitchenette (coffee maker, fridge, microwave and sink) and a desk with a office chair. My living room had a sleeper sofa, upholstered chair , dresser and flat screen TV. There was a partial wall then the bedroom which was tight (king bed) but you had the living area to hang out in. Off the bedroom was a large bathroom with the sink area away from the bath/toilet. All the lights worked, I had enough towels and pillows. The AC worked and was quiet. The microwave had 2 heavy paperplates and fork/knife/spoon package which came in very handy when I brought something back to the room to eat. The location is maybe 1/2 mile off of 95 if that and only 1 mile to the shore line with a state park and areas where you can sit in your car and view the water. I found shopping on US 1 (Boston Post Road) in Orange several miles away to be a plus. I did hear some noise in the hallway but that was early and in passing. I was in the back area of the motel on the 3rd floor and did not hear any road noise. I found the bed rather soft but that is my personal preferance. I would stay here again no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

The staff accommodated my request for a room in the back. Last time we stayed here, our room was on the highway side and it was pretty noisy. The hotel was pretty noisy for the holiday weekend, though. There were kids running up and down the halls after midnight and woke us up. I noticed the next morning that there is a television screen at the front desk. I wonder if they can see all the hallways on that screen because they didn't do anything to stop the noise. It's not managements fault, just inconsiderate travelers. Our room was not as clean as the last time. it had a damp smell. Like wet carpet. Our bathroom sink and floors were not cleaned from the previous guests. I hate having other people's hair all over the sink and floors. Gross! There is one thing that I would like to bring to the managers attention. I noticed during breakfast that there were no wooden tongs to take the bagels, toast, etc., out of the toaster. Situated near the toaster to pick up this bread from it's container, or to pick up a muffin, is a few pairs of metal tongs. I commented to my husband how dangerous that could be if a kid or adult put the metal tongs in the toaster to retrieve their bagel or whatever. Sure enough, he said he saw a woman doing just that. The breakfast was pretty good. This hotel is nice and I would stay there again. i just wasn't pleased with housekeeping or being disturbed with inconsiderate people. Where are the chaperones to tell these kids it is not acceptable to be running up and down the hallways.?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_Management, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this review, 17 September 2010
Thank you for bringing to our attention some of the inconveniences you experienced on this trip. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping and sales staff to put corrective actions in place to remedy these issues. Our guest's safety is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for also bringing to our attention the use of metal tongs on our breakfast buffet near the toasters. Sometimes it takes a set of eyes with an outside persepctive to point out something so obvious. I appreciate your comments and will be removing the mtal tongs from our buffet. Thank you for your feedback.

Michael Hamilton, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Hampton Inn Milford
#3 of 13 in Milford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Milford

Been to SpringHill Suites Milford? Share your experiences!