“Excellent Hotel and Service”

Red Roof Inn Milford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Excellent in all aspects of hotels Staff, maid service and just a wonderful place to stay would tell friends and family. This hotel is in a great location and great staff on hand easy to go to places close by a wonderful place to stay

Room Tip: depends on how many people are with you the top floors are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Dragonandparanormal,

Thank you for the survey and generous comments. It is always our mission and priority to provide our guests with the best possible service and quality. We are proud to begin the new year with new 32 or 37 inch flat panel televisions in every room and continue to upgrade our various services. We hope you have a happy and healthy year, and look forward to accommodating you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff here always has everything ready when I come in the door. My company makes the reservation and there has never been a delay in getting me in my room. Most of the time the back section of parking spaces are open, perfect for my 65' rig.

• Stayed: November 2013
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear cjackd,

Thank you for the review and loyalty in staying with us weekly while on work assignment. Red Roof realizes how important long range trucking is to the country and we appreciate the tough job you have. I am pleased our Front Office staff facilitates easy and complete check in - check out process for you and that our large parking lot can accommodate your 65 foot rig. Continued safe travels and happy holidays.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This Red Roof Inn was convenient, clean and roomy. The front desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean. The wi-fi was very fast and easy to access and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: We choose a third floor room on the side away from the interstate. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear ajs 1,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit the survey. We are very aware of the options travelers have while in the Milford area and we work diligently to keep our rates as competitive as possible. We have various discounts available and this month are offering a 20% discount for any guest that brings in a non perishable food item which will be donated to a local food pantry. Thanks again, and hope you think of us if your travels brings you back to southern Connecticut.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof numerous times. The stay has always been pleasant and my rooms clean. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. They have a guest laundry that is very inexpensive and I always use it. It is a short drive to major shopping and restaurants and easy on and off interstate. This past stay James, a young man from Georgia, was the desk clerk and was very kind and courteous and he even found me a site I was interested in on the internet. Checkout and in is always quick. Thanks for another pleasant visit and will see you when coming back through Milford.

Room Tip: Major Mall and eating about 3 miles north...ask staff for info.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear FullTime TravelerBF,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review, and for your continued loyalty in staying with us when in the area. Your comments on James and the check-in/check-out process are appreciated, as well as noting our attention to cleanliness. We keep our guest laundry available for use 24 hours a day, because we know that when traveling, it is convenient to have that option. Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My boyfriend and I made a very long relocation trip from Texas to Connecticut (approx. 25 hours) with two cars, one carrying our dog.

We did lots of research on where to stay along our three-day trip and we choose three pet-friendly hotels that did not charge a deposit/extra. This was our last stop and the least favorite of the three.

Our decision to stay at this Red Roof Inn was a no-brainer because we bought a house in Milford, and it was close to where our closing was going to be held. I also read all the good reviews and even called while still in Texas to clarify a few details. They seemed very nice over the phone.

Unfortunately, when we arrived we were immediately unimpressed.

It started with the front staff who rudely told us before he took our name that our room would not be ready for another hour, even though it was way past the time the room was meant to be ready. The strange part is that once he checked our reservation, he corrected himself and said that it was ready.

But then he gave us a room on the second floor. We asked if we could have something on the first, since we had a dog, and he said that it was completely full. This was frustrating since we didn't arrive later than 5 pm and because I had specifically told them when I made the reservation that we had a dog and would like the first floor. It's not the worst thing, but it's an extra hassle when you have to get a 50-lbs. lab/terrier mix, her crate, bed, and our belongings up and down a flight of stairs since the room was located far away from the elevator.

Aside from the overall negative demeanor of this employee, the next day was not any better. Several times the cleaning ladies came by and, instead of knocking on the door, peered into our window. This happened more than once early in the morning (8 am) and our dog would see them and bark. We had initially opened the window for natural light, since we were ready for the day but wanted to relax in the room, but I guess we had to keep it closed. And even though we figured it might have been our fault for not putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign out, it was still weird that they would look into the room instead of knocking.

Lastly, when we made the reservation we asked for a late check-out time of 1 pm. We also confirmed this with the front staff the night before. So, you can imagine we were a bit surprised when someone knocked on our door at 11 am and asked us if we would be checking out that day. When we explained that we had a late check-out, she apologized, but said she wasn't aware of that information. Annoying, but at least she didn't peer into the window.

An additional annoyance was that there was no free breakfast, even though it stated online that this Red Roof Inn offered one.

We were looking forward to this stay because of the good reviews and since it was going to be our new hometown. However, it was one thing after another that ruined our experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear KS_DB_14,

Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Milford while relocating to Connecticut, and giving us your feedback on the experience. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, please be assured I will take corrective actions with the housekeepers and front desk staff to ensure similar issues will not occur. Also, if I may ask you to email me (i0197@redroof.com), so I may obtain further information and correct any inaccurate online data. Thanks again and we hope you enjoy your new home in the Milford area.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Not by any means a luxury hotel, but I wouldn't expect that for what I paid. Clean, quiet, friendly staff. I was sorry to have to rate it down because of a couple of equipment problems. A desk lamp (which I didn't need to use) had a plastic shade that had melted where it was attached to the lamp, and had fallen off. A bigger problem was a toilet that usually didn't flush. Some water would run through, but it didn't really flush. Except once it did, on the second try. Another time I poured a wastebasket full of water in it, which pretty much took care of it, but it still didn't really flush. But then I tried flushing it again, and it worked! This happened twice. I didn't really have time to go and complain and try to get it fixed. Still, I think this was probably an isolated problem, and I'd probably go there again if I needed a motel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
pperillo, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Christine C,

Thank you for staying with us recently and posting the review. We appreciate your high scores on: value, cleanliness and staff. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience with the equipment issues and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I've had our maintenance engineer replace the desk lamp and adjust the cartridge for the flushing mechanism, and also have asked all staff to be more observant when conducting the daily inspections. I hope you have an interesting, fun autumn, and consider staying with us again when in the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This motel was a very good value. It is reasonably price, and also very clean. The bed was comfortable. The location is very convenient: it is right off of I-95, but in a quiet area. The staff was extremely pleasant. The amenities, though, were rather limited (for example, in the morning, they only had coffee and tea), but I suppose that is what keeps the price down. If I needed an affordable place to stay in Milford again, I would definitely choose this motel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo