“Poor WI FI Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Davie, Florida
“Poor WI FI Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

checked into room for a two night stay could not get my wifi to work had to go outside to get a signal complained to staff they tried a reboot did not work finally told me that I should go to the 3rd floor to get a signal I refused (don't like higher rooms) Finally they admitted that the wifi is poor and needs to be up graded I asked that I should get a discount because that was one reason I selected that hotel they refused so I checked out in the a.m I was not satisfied with this hotel and would never stay there again

Room Tip: if you prefer WIFI Service find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank victorj1945
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear victorj 1945,

Please accept my apologies for the WI FI not operating to your needs. Please contact me directly at pperillo@redroof.com so I may apply a discount to your stay for the inconvenience. The Red Roof brand is acknowledged to have one of the best WI FI satisfaction ratings in the economy segment of the hospitality industry. Generally when a guest experiences an issue, a call to the technical support of our WI FI provider solves the problem, I'm sorry we were not able to solve the issue at the time you were here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter Perillo, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lorain, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel is in a quite setting. Check-in was a breeze and I requested a room opposite the side that faced the highway and the front desk clerk was very accommodating (I was given room 207). The room itself has recently been remodeled and was very clean and up-to-date. Two twin beds, a wall desk, television, dresser.

Here's where things start to go downhill. As soon as I turned on the air conditioner, I noticed a mildew smell starting to fill the room. Needless to say, that was not expected. They have a lamp on the desk that has two electrical output jacks built-in, but when I plugged my computer in, they didn't work. There was an outlet near the desk though. Here's what really got me when the next morning. This room didn't have an iron, ironing board of coffee maker. Really Red Roof? It's 2014, every hotel I've stayed in has an iron and ironing board and in-room coffee. Hope they don't mind that I ironed my shirts on their newly renovated Formica desk.Went to the front desk to inquire about an iron and thought I would check out the breakfast buffet. Got the iron (they didn't have an ironing board) and the buffet consisted of coffee. Regular or decaf. You can't put out cereal or oatmeal, or packaged muffins? Something?

Probably won't stay here again. Rate was $70 from Orbitz. Good for individuals who aren't hungry in the morning or who don't need coffee or mind wearing wrinkled clothes.

Room Tip: choose an odd numbered room. It will be on the quiet side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank timkay2
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear timkay2,

Thank you for staying with us this month and taking the time to submit your review. I appreciate your mention of the room being clean and recently renovated. Please accept my apologies for our basic "standard double" room not meeting your expectations. Booking through Orbitz or the other online services is convenient but sometimes does not always offer our rooms with full amenities. We do have a "business king", that includes; microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, iron and board, a 39 inch TV and a larger work desk area. I am very sorry for your inconvenience, if you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly so I may arrange a great room at a great price.

Continued safe travels and best regards,

Maryland Line, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This location is very nice and the staff is wonderful and very accommodating the manager Peter Perillo was the the nicest hotel manager that I've ever meet, I see how the staff can always greet you with a smile everyday and ask if you need anything it starts from the manager, and another staff member who has been wonderful is Samatha she always greets you with a smile and informs you of anything that you may be interested in that might help you with your stay,I recommend that whatever you travel needs are stay at the Red Roof in Milford,CT.

Room Tip: Close to the highway whether your going New Haven or New York close to alot of eatery restaurants,cl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank layla1414887
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Layla1414887,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and taking the time to submit your review. Samantha and I sincerely appreciate the kind words and are humbled by the recognition. You mentioned our great location and of course I couldn't agree more, we are convenient to the major highway ( I 95 ) and close to all other important locations of Sothern Connecticut. Many guests are taking advantage of the wonderful weather and visiting nearby Silver Sands State Park, it's free and fun. Enjoy the rest of the summer and we hope to see you again whenever you're up from Maryland.

Best regards,

Peter
Rochester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stopped for one night on a recent trip. I often travel with a psychotic dachshund and have to stay at Motel 6 or Super 8 or Red Roof to avoid high pet fees. This one was clean and comfortable. I can't say that for a lot of them. I'm saving this one for future trips. I give it four stars for doing the cheap motel right.

I have one suggestion for all motels. For God's sake, get some half and half and some Splenda for the coffee! We hate Sweet and Low and Coffee Mate is awful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Poser55
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Poser55,

Thank you for posting your positive review and telling others about the Red Roof Inn, Milford CT, we appreciate and value feedback from guests. Knowing how important a pet is to families, we are very pleased to allow 1 pet per room (under 70 lbs) for guests traveling with their furry friend. As a frequent traveler, I assume you are a Red Roof RediCard Rewards member, if not please enquire about the program the next time you make a reservation or register into one of our inns. Thanks again and hope to see you and your dachshund the next time you're in the area.

Have a fun summer,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Red Roof inn may 18-23. The rooms were decent and clean. Front desk was friendly and the property was well maintained. The hotel is very close to the highway which was extremely convenient. Overall I would stay here again as you cannot beat the price for its location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marika V
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Marika V,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us last month and sharing your thoughts. The best compliment we can receive is when guests say they would stay again and recommend us to others. Our location is one of the features most praised by our guests, we are convenient to Interstate 95 and the main areas of Milford, without the noise or traffic. We look forward to seeing you next time you and the family are in the area.

Best regards,

Peter Perillo,
GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Right off I-95 and very much convenient! Very clean, welcoming and made me feel important as a guest! The price was right for what the hotel offers and my wallet, as well as myself, couldn't be more happier. The staff is there if you need anything! I'll be back to visit soon and Red Roof will be where I stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John F
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear John F,

Very kind of you to consider us awesome, because we do feel our guests are important! We have had a recent renovation and continue to make upgrades to our room amenities. Guests have been particularly pleased with our increased television channel lineup and HD TVs. I do hope you continue to stay with us whenever in the area, and remember there is a great beach less than 2 miles away, right on Long Island Sound.

Respectfully yours,

Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The company I work for has me working in CT quite a bit and Red Roof Inn fits the bill perfectly.

James Housey was very helpful in signing me up for the radicand program and I couldn't be happier. I've already earned 2 free nights and am on the way to a few more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David M
Dear David M,

Thank you for mentioning James in your review, he is a hospitality professional. As I mentioned in my response to a recent Tripadvisor revue, the RediCard program is a huge benefit to guests that stay in Milford or throughout the Red Roof brand, it is considered one of the best rewards programs in the Hospitality Industry. Thank you again for your loyalty and safe travels.

Sincerely yours,