“Pleasantly surprised”

Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My boyfriend and I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before but were really tired. We decided to just crash here for the night. The sign outside did say that they had rooms with rates as low as about $70 but when I went in, only the $80 rooms were available. I was too tired to argue.

When we got to our room, we were both very pleased with the cleanliness and the entire setup of the room. I, for one, LOVE to have the sink and counter outside of the bathroom. It makes getting ready so much more convenient.

At checkout, the two women who were at the front desk were very friendly and pleasant. It's because of them that I'm even taking the time to write this comment :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
i0197, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear JSki4314,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to submit your review. We apologize for being sold out of our Standard rooms at the time of your arrival. We are glad though that you enjoyed the layout of our Superior King room and hope that you took advantage of the refrigerator and microwave. Thank you also for signing up for our RediCard rewards program and hope that you enjoy all of the benefits that is has to offer. Next time you return to the Milford area, we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Samantha McBriarty, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had to come to CT becasue my brother was hospitilized in ICU @ Yale New Haven Hospital. I can not begain to explain the stress of having to travel at a moments notice and spend nearly every wakeing moment in the hospital. I just wanted to take time to thank the staff and tell you that in spite of my stressful situation the Red Roof Inn in Milford was very accomidating during this personal emergency and was a very nice place to stay especially when you need a hot shower, clean room, and really nice attendents. I canot say enough about how much I enjoyed my accomadations and how resonable it was for the cost of the stay. I would like to extend a special thanks to Samantha McBriarty for her ability to extend my stay an additional week at a moments notice during one of the hotels busiest times of the years for the music festival. Thank-You!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Charlene T
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Charlene T;

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and your generous comments. We are pleased to have been able to provide a restful and convenient environment during this stressful period. I appreciate you mentioning Samantha, her leadership of our Front Office is outstanding, and her commitment to our guests is exemplary. We all hope your brother will have a complete recovery and your next visit to the area will be strictly for leisure, so you may be able to enjoy some of the many events or attractions.

Thanks again, sincerely yours

Reviewed 10 August 2014

After a numerous of hours of traveling was just okay to stay in this hotel to rest. At the lobby the attendant was really nice and the room I got I didn't last long because the next door neighbors was loud. I called the office and I got another room at the other side in the first level that was better I was looking for second level but I was told nothing was available. I was real tire so I give it the tried. Seems clean but the rug need a better job so please don't be barefoot. The bed have clean sheets but the comforter doesn't appear clean. The price wasn't bad and for what I want it is just to sleep and rest did the job well.

Room Tip: The top floor have less noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear JRod861,

Thank you for staying with us during your travels and mentioning our great rate and friendly staff in your review. I appreciate your cooperation in allowing us to find a better room location for you. All our front office staff is empowered to take quick action to make guests comfortable and confident during their stay. I hope you consider us again the next time you need accommodations while in the Milford area.

Continued safe travels,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in for one night. What a dump the smell was awful. Everything had stains. I felt like things where crawling on me all night. The side of the bath tub was falling off and I could hear every toilet in the hotel going off. Not a pleasant experience . The pillow where awful. Hard and they smelled even worse. If you have kids stay away not a good experience . We checked out next day and checked in next door .

Stayed: August 2014
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Goofy10125,

Thank you for staying with us and submitting your review. I am very concerned about the issues you mentioned, please email me the date of your stay to i0197@redroof.com. Ultimately, I take full and final responsibility for any problem that occurs at the Inn. Please accept my since apologies for not meeting your expectations. You're feedback will help us coach and council staff members to avoid future conditions.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Wow, what a difference from the last 2 years i stood here, The service was great !!!! I had no problems in this stay. The room was clean every day, I really appreciate the service !!! It was nice and quiet during my stay unlike other more expensive hotels which are loud. Pets stay for free !!!, which made me pick this hotel. I wish all hotels operated like this one !!! I will sure stay here again on my next visit !!!! thanks for great service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 77VICENTE
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mr Vicente,

Thank you for returning to the Red Roof Inn Milford, for your yearly visit to Connecticut and for submitting your positive review. We appreciate your recognition of our commitment to cleanliness, service and quality. We are always happy to accommodate families when they bring their pet and advise dog owners of some of the convenient and interesting areas to walk dogs, such as Silver Sands State Park. Thank you again, and we hope to see you and the family next year.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

checked into room for a two night stay could not get my wifi to work had to go outside to get a signal complained to staff they tried a reboot did not work finally told me that I should go to the 3rd floor to get a signal I refused (don't like higher rooms) Finally they admitted that the wifi is poor and needs to be up graded I asked that I should get a discount because that was one reason I selected that hotel they refused so I checked out in the a.m I was not satisfied with this hotel and would never stay there again

Room Tip: if you prefer WIFI Service find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank victorj1945
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear victorj 1945,

Please accept my apologies for the WI FI not operating to your needs. Please contact me directly at pperillo@redroof.com so I may apply a discount to your stay for the inconvenience. The Red Roof brand is acknowledged to have one of the best WI FI satisfaction ratings in the economy segment of the hospitality industry. Generally when a guest experiences an issue, a call to the technical support of our WI FI provider solves the problem, I'm sorry we were not able to solve the issue at the time you were here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel is in a quite setting. Check-in was a breeze and I requested a room opposite the side that faced the highway and the front desk clerk was very accommodating (I was given room 207). The room itself has recently been remodeled and was very clean and up-to-date. Two twin beds, a wall desk, television, dresser.

Here's where things start to go downhill. As soon as I turned on the air conditioner, I noticed a mildew smell starting to fill the room. Needless to say, that was not expected. They have a lamp on the desk that has two electrical output jacks built-in, but when I plugged my computer in, they didn't work. There was an outlet near the desk though. Here's what really got me when the next morning. This room didn't have an iron, ironing board of coffee maker. Really Red Roof? It's 2014, every hotel I've stayed in has an iron and ironing board and in-room coffee. Hope they don't mind that I ironed my shirts on their newly renovated Formica desk.Went to the front desk to inquire about an iron and thought I would check out the breakfast buffet. Got the iron (they didn't have an ironing board) and the buffet consisted of coffee. Regular or decaf. You can't put out cereal or oatmeal, or packaged muffins? Something?

Probably won't stay here again. Rate was $70 from Orbitz. Good for individuals who aren't hungry in the morning or who don't need coffee or mind wearing wrinkled clothes.

Room Tip: choose an odd numbered room. It will be on the quiet side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank timkay2
i0197, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear timkay2,

Thank you for staying with us this month and taking the time to submit your review. I appreciate your mention of the room being clean and recently renovated. Please accept my apologies for our basic "standard double" room not meeting your expectations. Booking through Orbitz or the other online services is convenient but sometimes does not always offer our rooms with full amenities. We do have a "business king", that includes; microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, iron and board, a 39 inch TV and a larger work desk area. I am very sorry for your inconvenience, if you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly so I may arrange a great room at a great price.

Continued safe travels and best regards,