“I love this beach!”
Review of Walnut Beach

Walnut Beach
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Milford
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Walnut Beach is one of the nicest beaches I've been too. The water is very comfortable (because it is on the Long Island Sound) and very clean. The sand is a bit rocky, but only along the shoreline. There are lifeguards on duty, a long pier, bathrooms and parking. We had a great time!

4  Thank Grace B
There are newer reviews for Walnut Beach

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I love this beach. It has an awesome pier it's never packed to the gills. It's not pretentious. A classic awesome beach.

3  Thank dnegreiro
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This has to be one of my favorite beaches in Connecticut. The sand is beautiful. The water is clean and sandy on the bottom. A must is to walk the boardwalk to Silver Sands Beach and back. Or you can fish off the pier. Breathtaking views. There's plenty of parking on the street should you not have a Milford Beach sticker - just get there early (before 11AM) to get a spot !

6  Thank Sheri A
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I love walking the boardwalk from Walnut a Beach to Silver Sands, very clean, very peaceful!! It's perfect!

1  Thank Cheryl0412
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I were recently in Milford CT for a business trip with some pleasure. I have never been to a beach and so we traveled to Walnut Beach while in Milford for a few hours. I loved it! It was a warm enough day for me to put my feet in the ocoen water even if it was COLD. There were shells everywhere that we were able to collect to bring home for our children. The beach was clean and we enjoyed watching the wildlife from the pier. I would love to bring my family back down again when it gets warmer! It was rockier sand in spots then I would like, but the sand became softer near the water. Overall enjoyed the day greatly!