“Good food, awful service”

Bridgeport Flyer Diner
Ranked #27 of 262 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been here many times and it is always hit or miss. I went for lunch on a Sunday with my sister and our waitress was absolutely horrible. She was extremely rude, never asked how our food was or if we wanted more soda/coffee. My sister ordered french onion soup (the cheese had to be added in and it came with NO bread!). We asked for to-go containers for our sandwiches and the waitress completely blew us off so we had to ask another waitress! Will not be returning.

3  Thank melaniek533

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We asked a local where is a good place to eat. He said Bridgeport Flyer Diner for sure. He had been going to this restaurant for 11 years and never have a bad experience. He was right. The food is really good for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Lynn Dave J
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Food was great. Dad had the sole, I had fried chicken. Waitress forget to ask for drink order. Had to ask for a couple of sodas when she brought our food--still didn't acknowledge she forgot. Table was not cleared after salad course--which wouldn't have mattered if we weren't in a small two person booth. I had to stack the salad bowls and bread basket to make room for dinner plates. No one was overtly rude, just lacking attentiveness. I think this place is great for the "regulars", but as a traveler, I wouldn't go back again

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Great food...great value. Full dinner/lunch specials at $7.99 includes soup or salad, entree, potato, and vegetable. Got a buck? Add desert.
Service is great and they treat you like family. Karin, Joanne, Kim, Barbara, Lauren and Wayne have been there for years. Family owned by Dennis and Kiki Kokenis makes the Bridgeport Flyer the place to go for some real good comfort food!
They even have a party room.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

When in doubt, the Flyer totally works. I had the New Englander - turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing on panini! Good sandwich after working in the yard. Husband had a reuben - also good choice. Service isn't always on target here, but the food is typically good, portions generous. Lemon Meringue Pie is tart, with nice crust - no bright yellow dye in the filling. Great prices as well.