“Excellent Stay at Reasonable Price”

Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Excellent Stay at Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was in town due to a family emergency and decided to try the Hyatt Place for the first time. I had a very pleasant experience. Room is very large and well appointed. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Coffee good. Breakfast sandwiches look much better in the photos! Typical breakfast buffet items, nothing remarkable. I stayed for 5 nights and am headed back for another stat in two days. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I called to get a better rate than on their web site. My room was next to elevator and there did not...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dover, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I reserved a block of rooms here for my sisters wedding this past weekend. Everything from start to finish was wonderful. Being in the hotel industry I am very picky about where I stay - and with that being said the Hyatt in Milford still exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very big, and most importantly very clean. We were able to utilize the lobby and bar area on Friday night which was nice too. The staff were great as well - Lindsay at the front desk was very helpful all weekend, and the guys at the desk Sunday morning were very sweet (I'm sorry I didn't get names). Everyone else who stayed had very positive feedback as well. I'm very pleased that we chose this hotel for my sisters wedding weekend - thank you!

Room Tip: The 6th floor was very quiet! : )
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here this past weekend for a girl's night. We booked using my friend's points and, overall, have no real complaints. Check in/out was easy, the room was clean and had a fridge, couch, and minibar sink. The rooms gave us space to relax and we couldn't hear our neighbors unless we were out in the hallway. The showerhead was coming out of the wall a little, but it worked fine and the shower was clean. We went out to wineries in Wallingford and dinner in New Haven and the drive back wasn't too far. The town of Milford is further in (about 1.5 miles) and has some very quaint scenic parts. The hotel is not near anything even hinting of beauty, but that's not what we were looking for. It was convenient to I95 and clean and I'd recommend staying here for anything in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have stayed at this Hyatt Place more than once while in the area, and each experience has been very satisfactory. The hotel is updated and clean, the rooms are spacious and quiet, and the location is convenient to I-95.

The breakfast is also quite delicious. Cooked items are set out at 6:30, but you can grab something simple (oatmeal, toast, cereal, fruit) before then, as we did when we left. The staff is very friendly and courteous, and they gave us some great pointers on our route for avoiding traffic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
boston
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel had huge rooms , 2 double. Beds and adequate bathroom ,
We ate at stonebridge rest , and got a 15% off coupon from front desk , the food w as AMAZING , not much atmosphere but awesome salmon. , definitely eat there

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Wonderful and clean hotel.
Checked in late a night after a bad experience at The Hilton down the road. The front desk staff was so welcoming and helpful. The hotel was immaculate. Had a lovely stay and wished to stay longer!

Room Tip: I stayed on the fifth floor and my room was quiet, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in late June, and this was my second stay, having been here five years ago. If anything, the hotel has improved. It continues to be very clean, with comfortable rooms and beds, nice amenities, and an improved breakfast.

I had called the hotel several times in the months before arriving, as their jacuzzi was under repair. A week out, they assured me it was repaired and open, and indeed it was. I asked for a higher floor facing north (nice view of large marshy area), away from elevators and ice machines. My requests were honored, and the room was delightful. Although that side of the hotel faces the interstate, it is about 1/4 mile away, but we did not hear it at all.

The rooms are semi-suites, with a cordoned-off sleeping area, 42" plasma TV, couch and ottoman, small bar area with fridge, sink, and coffeemaker, work-desk area with connectivity options (wi-fi worked flawlessly), and separate sink and bath/toilet areas. Medium-sized closet with sliding mirrored door. Plenty of space to spread out, watch TV, relax, eat, work, etc.

The huge jacuzzi room is very nice, with large glassed-in walls facing north and west, but the temperature is not particularly hot. There are bath and changing rooms, with showers. Unfortunately, one group of young adults we shared the pool with were somewhat uncouth, one gent putting his feet with filthy socks into the water. Some folks need public behavior guidance. Maybe a sign: "No dirty socks in pool"?

There are various food options, and the free breakfast is nice and easy. Mainly it's hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, and open-faced egg/cheese or egg/ham/cheese sandwiches on english muffins. Very tasty! And the fresh fruit salad was terrific. There are also pay-for-food options, but I would not bother with those, as they are mostly over-priced microwaved items. Plenty of places to eat within driving distance, including some at the Connecticut Post Mall, only a mile away.

Service here was friendly and efficient, from the clerks to the maids & maintenance (bringing extra towels to the pool), to the food service workers. At this moderate price-point ($116), it's a pleasure to be treated so well. I would recommend this Hyatt to anyone needing accommodations in this area. The Hyatt Place is 3 minutes from the Interstate, about 10 minutes from downtown Milford, and only about 20 minutes from downtown New Haven, depending on traffic.

Room Tip: North side (back) facing interstate is nicer, quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrNuz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
#4 of 13 in Milford
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven? Share your experiences!