“Don't miss out”

Hampton Inn Milford
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Milford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is slightly away from the main clump of hotels in the Milford area, a short two exits down the freeway, but a great place. You're effectively just as close to everything in the area as you would be in the afore-mentioned clump, because it's right next to the freeway entrance. (The property itself is quite well shielded from freeway noise, however.) But the prices are excellent and the staff is stellar. A slightly older property but clean rooms and grounds, great breakfast, a decent workout room, very good wifi, quiet at night, and staff that really cares about making your stay enjoyable. I'm on expense account and could stay anywhere but I keep picking this hotel for the above reasons.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Booked this hotel just a few days before the Gathering of the Vibes 4 day music festival. It was the only hotel available. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff were nothing short of professional, hospitable and aiming to please. They provided an excellent service in every way and always with a huge smile. Breakfast buffet which was complimentary with the stay was satisfying. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

the price was good the place was clean and my family of four was able to coexist in 1 room withou issue while we skipped breakfast at the hotel to meet with friends, it smelld good and the area was packed with people who seemed to be enjoying everything

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Excellent "upscale" Hampton. Great location also close to Yale and beaches. Very friendly staff. The housekeepers were concerned that I was operating the guest laundry correctly and "monitored" my competence while trying not to be too amused.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our family was really surprised about the quality of the Hampton Inn considering others H.I. we have stayed in previously. *Our number one complaint was the room service/front desk. We had requested a refrigerator and cot before arrival which were in our room when we got there. Unfortunately, the refrigerator did not work. We asked for it to be replaced the next morning after giving it a chance overnight. It wasn't until 18 hrs. later and two more requests that a new refrigerator, trash to be emptied, and old towels to be removed happened. *We also found a large pair of scissors on the floor next to the night stand, along with crumpled up paper (not ours). The scissors were in plain view without moving the bed skirting which leads me to believe the room was not throughly cleaned. *The most disturbing part of our stay was the roach found in the bathroom. I only saw one but you know his buddies were around somewhere! Yes this is an older H.I. but with better service and cleaner rooms it would have been fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing I95, you can sleep with trucks zooming by which you can hear through the w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ceciltucky
GMKevin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your recent stay at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. We hope you will give us a second chance to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Kevin GM

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here before the redo (about a year or so ago). I'm happy to say I have returned several times. Not fancy by any means, but comfortable. Nice friendly staff.

Biggest frustration? No matter which HI you stay in, anywhere in the US. The in room coffee packages. Not easy for those "over 50" to open. You have to stab it with a key or ball point pen to open. I even took one down and watched the manager struggle to open it. (he finally did).

I kind of wish HI would upgrade its corporate image and amenities. It is so dated, considering the prices they charge now.

But overall this is a very pleasant HI. I will stay again

Room Tip: Away from I95
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was in town for a high school reunion and stayed 7 nights. This was the best experience I have ever had in a hotel. It started with reservations, and front desk (Oksana) who was a most accommodating and friendly person to the housekeeping staff (Veronica) who always had a smile. The whole staff was friendly. The 24 hour coffee and morning breakfast was wonderful. I will not stay anywhere else when I am in town. Clean rooms and friendly service....I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Red Roof Inn Milford
Red Roof Inn Milford
#7 of 13 in Milford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton

Been to Hampton Inn Milford? Share your experiences!