“Wow, loved the location, people and food. A hidden gem!!!”

Hotel Brati - Arkoudi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vartholomio
London, United Kingdom
“Wow, loved the location, people and food. A hidden gem!!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

Took cheap ryanair flights for a 3 night break with partner. What can I say, found hotel through hotels.com, read reviews, wasn't sure what to expect but was amazed, room over looking pool, air conditioning included, rooms basic but comfortable, with a hairdryer that helped beat the Ryanair baggage allowance and breakfast was excellent, huge selection of bread,cerals, juices, jams, coffee, fresh fruits etc. the staff could not have been more friendly, even offered us a lift to the 7km beach, 15 mins walk away. The hotel even does free collection from the airport, which helps keep costs down as it takes approx 45 mins to the resort. There is some lovely restaurants around and a great bar, tapas on the nearest beach, most meals were 16 euro.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andreahex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I visited this hotel with my wife and our kids aged 12 and 7. I don’t know what to start with. The surroundings are full of trees while the pool, where the kids were playing, and the big garden are clean and tidy. The premises are very close to the fantastic beach of Kilini’s Baths. Most of the times we had our lunch at the hotel as the food served was well cooked and it was offered at very reasonable price. The service from staff was excellent and the atmosphere reminded me of a family. Next year we are definitely going to visit this hotel again since we can easily combine relaxing vacations with a cheap price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank marili_ven
Reviewed 12 July 2011

we are very happy we met the people of this hotel.they were very friendly and the service very good!!we shall come back next year!!as we come the last ten years!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

It was lovely to go to an area of Greece and hotel where I could get about easily on my own in my electric wheelchair. I found both the hotel and the area very attractive and the hotel staff very helpful and kind. I would recommend the hotel and area to those who are disabled in any way as well as families and everyone else.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda186361
athens
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We had 5 days in Arkoudi hotel last August , just a couple with our 5 month baby, and the general feeling is not too bad. In general the hotel is old, old rooms, old facilities, but quite clean and quiet with nice surroundings. The pools are beautiful with free sunbeds and umbrellas, but the pool bar works only a few hours. We don't recommend the food in their restaurant, no variety, low quality and the breakfast, although mandatory in August, is only the basic in poor quality. The hotel is fine for old people and couples with children and thats why it's full of them.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank AthensKK_mom
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2006

We had to stay here to catch a ferry the next day and this was the only hotel available. The hotel is situated near mineral baths, so you can smell sulfur in the air constantly. The rooms were awful, and I've never seen a smaller bathroom in my life. The shower looked like someone drilled a hole in the floor and put a shower curtain up, and you can't even fit. You literally have to rinse half of your body off at a time ( and I am 5'6 and 126 lbs). I was actually scared to go to sleep in the rooms; I quickly realized that European "clean and nice" is not the same as American "clean and nice". The breakfast the next morning was not even edible, and the entire time we were there, only one man was running the whole hotel. It's very cheap, 60 euros a night, and what you get is what you pay for. I would not stay there again if someone paid me. The entire experience was almost surreal and very comical (once some time had passed).

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 July 2005

I was quite happy with the relaxing environment. The pool was an excellent choice whenever I didn't want to walk to the nearest beach. People were very friendly. Full of flowers and trees, very neat. I would certainly recommend it if you are looking for some rest and relaxation. Price was 60euros including breakfast (July05).

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank travell_views
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vartholomio
Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa
Hotel Lintzi
Hotel Lintzi
#1 of 1 in Lygia
Mandola Rosa Suites & Villas

Been to Hotel Brati - Arkoudi? Share your experiences!