“It is close”

Cuisines: Pizza
Nutmeg State
“It is close”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Staff is friendly, food is good, sometimes really good! I mostly get take out from this place around the corner from me. I find it hit and miss, but not bad enough to not go back.

Visited April 2013

Plainfield, Connecticut
“Time for a facelift, Riverview”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Unfortunately, I don't plan to return to this landmark institution in its current state. Both the exterior and interior of this place are quite shabby and run-down, not an appealing dining venue. Time for some new tables and carpeting, for starters. Kitchen got my order wrong so I told the rest of my party to go ahead and eat without me. Food nothing to write home about. The sauce on the pizza was unpleasantly sweet. My daughter complained about a stomach ache as we left. On the plus side, my waitress was extremely pleasant.

• Visited November 2012
Moosup, Connecticut
“Great service for large party”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Party for a family member celebrating birthday. 26 people greeted pleasantly ; allowing time for friends to mingle and drinks brought promptly. Wide range of selections from the menu served so that we were all eating at the same time; frequently checking for any additional requests. Mother/daughter waitstaff duo polite, efficient. solicitous. Food choices included steaks, fish, pastas and sandwiches. Limited wine selection; standard soup/salad bar. Very nice for a small group; or tables of 2 to 10. Also pizza selections for takeout. Closest attractions are Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun; but not worth the ride from there when you consider the food choices in those venues

• Visited September 2012
Walpole, New Hampshire, United States
“The worst dining experience ever”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My parents still live in northeast Connecticut and really enjoy the Riverview. They like the staff, the food, and they dine there regularly. My husband jokes that there is no river to view, and I find the food acceptable with good portion size. Because it is locally owned, i choose to go there rather than a chain restaurant.

Today, i had the most upsetting experience. Three of us had received our meals, and my mother's meal didn't come. The waitress said once that the kitchen was "backed up" (there was one other table occupied in the restaurant at this Wednesday lunch hour). She then sat down and did some table duties (silverware, etc.) My mother's meal did not come until we had finished eating. The waitress was not truly apologetic, refused to comp her meal ("if I had the money to pay it myself, I would, but I don't), and even challenged my 82 year old father to call and complain about her. Well, Melissa (you gave me permission and even repeated your name to us), I am, my dear! This woman has NO idea what customer service is about. I am always respectful to wait staff, as they have a thankless job. Even my mild mannered mother was a bit bitter about her treatment of us.

Unfortunately, not bitter enough not to go there. As I mentioned, they like the restaurant and other staff. Because it is a Mom and Pop shop, I have to respect that. But I encourage all who read my review to pass this on to the management and staff there. Melissa's behavior was unacceptable. Lisa Profetto

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Lisa P
Mid-State, NY
“It's worth the drive!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

This place is an absolute gem. A local place that really knows what they're doing. The food choices are great, service is fantastic and the food was surprisingly good. The menu has something for everyone. Pasta, seafood, classics and kids items. It is quite a drive from Mystic but well worth it! We were extremely pleased with the entire experience.