“Great place to browse”

Olde Mistick Village
Ranked #8 of 36 things to do in Mystic
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreated 18th-century New England village offers a refreshing change from shopping malls as we know them. Browse or buy in the more than 60 small shops or dine in one of this charming setting's many eateries.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I will start out by saying yes the prices are high, some call it a tourist trap but as a tourist I go and expect nothing less, I prepare myself and just enjoy. This is a great place to slow down and just enjoy the day...so many shops, bakeries & restaurants in close proximity and little pathways winding from one area to another, I loved it. Always a place to sit and rest, take it all in, to just stop the day and enjoy :)....I have a few favorite shops as im sure everyone has theirs. Will always be a stop I make when in Mystic

Write a ReviewReviews (1,367)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"toy store"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Olde Mistick Village is a cute little collection of shops and boutiques, a nice place to do a bit of shopping. For me, it was a good place to pop my umbrella and spend a rainy morning while hubby went to the submarine museum. The shops have a good variety of goods and the people working in the shops were friendly.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

It is probaly nice for nostalgia.ngs are quite expensive. One of the better places is Mangos Pizza... Franklin General Store is not all it is made up to be

2  Thank rfrenaldo
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great place to get a little souvenir or do some shopping but both of the restaurants we tried here were awful! The Boardwalk shop in particular is a great store if the kids want to buy a little affordable momento to remember their tirp.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Olde Mistick Village is a totally delightful tourist trap very close to the museum and right next door to the aquarium. We love it. It is basically an outdoor mall with individual shops set in tiny New England style buildings. It is designed to look like a real, picturesque NE village that I'm betting never existed anywhere. This place oozes quaint. The buildings, landscaping, stone walls, street lamps, duck ponds and koi ponds are enchanting. The shops range from very good to "how the heck are they still in business?" My children love the toy shop (Toy Soldier) and I adore the Swedish Shop (Bestemors). There are cafes and a good fish restaurant (Go Fish). It is definitely worth a stop if you are in town. I will admit I may be biased because I've visited this shopping village maybe 20 times since I was a little girl and it holds a special place in my heart. My daughter loves it, too. This is an odd thing to say, but if you have a little girl who likes girly things and dolls, please take her here. It's like shopping in a bunch of little doll houses and most of the goods for sale are pretty, shiny and/or cute.