“Nice hotel in Mystic”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
NY
“Nice hotel in Mystic”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel is situated within walking distance of Aquaruim, and shops. Breakfast is a nice addition to a typical hotel. This is not a five star hotel, but it is clean, and comforaable. Pets are allowed here if that is a concern for anyone. I saw multiple little dogs and a very large dog in the lobby/ hallways.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

When entering, the lobby is very nice and was decorated for the fall. It is a large area. The staff is exceptional, very helpful and friendly, always a good morning, etc. Hotel is very clean. Beds were comfortable. Room had a pleasant smell and was very clean as was the bathroom. All bathroom amenities included even a makeup removal pad that I have never gotten at any other hotel. Breakfast was always stocked and is served from 6 to 10 which is good for late risers. They have the waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal with toppings such as chopped walnuts, raisins and brown cinnamon sugar. Yogurt, Dole fruit cups, bagels, english muffins, danish and a few different kinds of cereal. Each morning they have some hot food which is the microwaveable kind that most hotels serve. One morning it was a little omelet and sausage patties and the next day they had scrambled eggs and some type of smoked maple sausage which then was replaced by bacon. There was plenty of places to sit. The woman who works the breakfast area keeps it well cleaned. There is robust, decaf and regular coffee, different flavors of tea and hot chocolate available 24 hours. At 6pm they serve chocolate chip cookies that were just okay. There is plenty of parking and our room faced the mobile/trailer park which I think is better than being on the traffic side. We did not hear any noise from outside. The view of the mobile/trailer park did not bother me, it is a very nice park not a run down area. We did not use the pool, business area or fitness center. There are a few machines in the fitness center, not very large. Located off of I95 and within minutes of Mystic attractions.

The reason I am only giving a four star rating is because there was a sulfur/rotten egg odor one night in the hall outside the pool and the next day I smelled it in the elevator. Odor did not come into room. My biggest complaint is how thin the walls are. You hear slamming of doors at all hours but this I blame on the guests. This hotel has mostly rooms with adjoining rooms. The door between the room is so thin you can hear the conversations going on in the room next to you. The room next to us had a baby and when the baby cried at night or early in the morning it was as if the baby was in bed crying with me. I did complain to front desk when we were leaving and they said I should have let them know after the first night that they would have switched our room. If I was staying a third night I would have complained earlier. They did adjust the bill so that made me happy but still tired. I would stay hear again if visiting the area but would hope for a quieter room.

Room Tip: Third floor, mobile park side, and see if you can get a room that doesn't have an adjoining door...
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hotel well located, quiet and very clean, huge parking space.
The room was beautiful, wonderful bed, great shower.
Good choices at the complimentary breakfast.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Overall a great stay.

2 Thank FWulf
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This Hampton Inn is a great place to stay because of its location. It is near the Aquarium, the Mystic Seaport, the Atlantic Ocean and a delightful myriad of wonderful little New England villages and towns. The Inn is pet-friendly and people friendly: an indoor pool, a business center, a surprisingly good complimentary breakfast and comfortable rooms and suites. Staff personnel are well-trained and accommodating.

Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Beautiful rooms, helpful staff and great location make this hotel a great place to stay. It is close to the Interstate, the main road into the old area of Mystic, and to multiple restaurants and stores.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Fontana, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here to visit nearby Connecticut college. It was a bit further away than I thought. The hotel is next to a trailer park which seems weird but it turns out to b fine. Staff is nice. Bfast is good. Checked out mystic pizza. Just okay but the town is cute!
Room interior was very new, new bathroom. Sheets clean. Furniture and upholstery nearly new. Shower pressure not great. Free Internet! Ice down the hall. No hot tub but pool looked clean

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I toured New England for the two weeks September 23rd to 7th October 2013 to view the fall foliage. We travelled from Boston up to Bar Harbor, across to the White Mountains, down through Vermont, the Adirondacks and onto the Berkshire Hills. We selected our accommodation and eating places from Trip Adviser Reviews. We have reviewed each of the hotels, motels and bed and breakfast places that we stayed in and also many of the places we ate and drank in along the way. If you would like to view our reviews for the rest of the places on this trip click on my screen name on the left.
We stayed at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Mystic for our last night before flying back to the UK. We had a standard room with two queen beds. The room was large and the beds were excellent. The overnight rate included a hot breakfast with cereals, toast and coffee and tea. I booked the Hampton Inn and Suites specifically because I needed to print our boarding passes on line and print them out. In April before I booked the hotel room I8 rang up and asked whether the hotel had a computer and printer for guests use. I was told that they did and it was free to use. When we got back from our evening meal at about 9pm I tried to use the computer but it was so slow that it kept “timing out” and I was unable to print out the boarding passes. Thinking that it might be that there was a lot of internet traffic slowing the computers down, I got up at 6am the next morning and tried again, but they were still very slow and kept “timing out”. I spoke to the Customer Service Manager and she informed me that the computers were quite a few years old and were very slow. She allowed me to use the front desk computer, which was a lot faster and I was able to finally print out the boarding cards. When we went to check out the Customer Services Manager informed me that it is Hampton Inns policy that if a customer is not totally satisfied they will not charge for the nights stay. She then reduced our bill to 0 as compensation for the hassle that I had had.
Good Points: Excellent helpful service, nice room, good beds and pillows, hot breakfast included in the room rate. Convenient location for walking into Mystic Seaport, approximately a 40 minute walk, Hampton Inns Policy of not charging if not completely satisfied.
Negative Points. Very slow computers.
Despite the problems that I had with the computers the reduction in the bill more than compensated for the problems and we would stay in a Hampton Inns and Suites again.

Room Tip: The WIFI works fine, so take your own computer or tablet with you.