“Terrible place”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible place”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had this weekend planed for a month to go away to relax with my wife. They Give us a unit that was on the first floor that they usaually give to guest with pets .This I was not happy about because I have allergies . Also dont think your saveing money on breakfast the food was horrible
not worth the money.

Room Tip: Just dont go here.
2 Thank Tom S
SDLDOS, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Tom,

Thank you for choosing to spend your special weekend with us and sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I understand you were unhappy with your room assignment and apologize for any discomfort you and your wife experienced. We strive to accommodate all reservation requests and regret having dropped the ball. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area again so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Stephanie Lee
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
new york city
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently with my family based on glowing TA reviews. It didn't disappoint. Rooms were very clean (my number one concern) & I especially liked the post-it note above the bed stating that the duvet cover was cleaned for each guest :-) This is always something that skeeves me a bit & I end up removing it. Didn't have to this time! Hotel is in great location (while not scenic) to see local sights. Staff (while not overly warm) was very efficient & helpful. Pool (could be a little warmer) was a great perk for the kids. Free breakfast (hot foods could use a little help) was also a nice touch. Robust dark coffee was quite good! Hotel was great value for the money & I would surely stay here again when in the area. Perhaps for those who wish to be within walking distance of the downtown/port area, this might not be a great option but certainly for a family visit where a b&b is not a great choice & during the winter months when you are not really strolling downtown too much, this hotel is perfect.

1 Thank funkytraveler
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were very happy with how well our stay here turned out, never having been to this area before. It is in a great location right off the highway, between the two major casinos, and just down the road from major Mystic attractions. The motel itself was clean and full of amenities. We had called ahead to ask for a rollaway bed. Not only was it free, but it was waiting for us in our room when we arrived. Loved that! The breakfast was so plentiful and full of variety: yogurt, cold cereal, make-your-own waffles, bagels, hot chocolate, juice, coffee, tea, bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, etc. What a great selection for a complimentary breakfast, and a great value that added to our stay here.

Room Tip: Because they were fully booked, they assigned us a handicap room. We didn't need that, but we ac...
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A good convenient place to stay. It is near the heart of Mystic and the New London Ferry. I am always happy with the Hampton Inn, the rooms are always clean and the staff is always courteous and receptive.

Hillsborough, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The toilet got plugged and I was handed a plunger and expected to take care of it myself. The toilet overflowed onto the floor, the staff soaked it up with bath towels but I had to request that the floor be washed. I had requested extra pillows but ended up not using them when they were handed to me from the very same cart that was used to put the toilet water soaked towels in.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night as a little Birthday trip for our toddler. It was super close to the aquarium and several kid friendly places to eat. The room and bathroom was very clean, the beds were super comfortable. We visited the indoor pool which is a salt water pool- it was a little smaller than the picture made it seem but it was heaven for our two year old. I would absolutely stay here again and look into this chain in different locations. Very impressed and it was a very well priced through Hotels.com.

• Stayed February 2014
Boston, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The young lady that checked me in was very informative and very pleasant smile..I needed some shoes and I asked her for directions to a walmart and she quickly said ok..She went into a small file on the desk and gave me directions to walmart and also suggested that there were also a kohl's near by..Very nice