“Exceeds Average Hampton standards”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly knowledgeable staff. Very clean. Normal Hampton breakfast; however, well stocked with friendly staff constantly cleaning. Particularly liked work bar in breakfast room with charging stations requiring only USB plug. Always appreciate well designed excellent work desk in room. Usual Hampton work center with PC's and printers.

Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our reservation was messed up and the staff was untrained. We were woken up at 10 pm by the front desk banging on our door and trying to barge in. They were unsure which room we were in and wanted to book ours to someone else. Yelling and demanding that we open the door did not seem like standard hotel procedure. We were too scared to sleep. They refunded the room but it was the worst hotel experience ever. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank 668caitlinj
SDLDOS, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Stephanie Lee
Director of Sales

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband, brother and I decided to spend a few days in Mystic on the way home from visiting a relative in Cape Cod. I chose the Hampton Inn because of its location and because I had had good experiences with Hampton Inns in the past. I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was nicely appointed and clean. There was a good selection to choose from at breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am rating this hotel based on my expectations versus reality. I booked this due to its No 1 rating for Mystic. I can't fault the room comfort other than the sofa bed mattress was uncomfortable and my son had 2 poor nights' sleep. My biggest criticism would be breakfast on a number of different levels. The quality of items did not meet my expectations. The dining area was extremely busy and tables were left dirty. This happened on both mornings and I saw nobody cleaning them, either day. This is the main reason the overall rating is average. In line with another reviewer I would agree these are not suites but large rooms.

1  Thank MickWig
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in August 2014. The hotel seems very new & modern. The term "suites" in the hotel name is misleading. They do NOT have any 2-room suites like you would find @ Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites. I'm not exactly sure why they are permitted to use the word suite. So, we were disappointed when we checked in & had a regular one room hotel room. The beds were comfortable & there was a nice size desk built into the room. It did have a mini-fridge & microwave. The bathroom was very clean & modern. There is a complimentary small warm breakfast served every morning which was nice. My biggest complaint was that the hotel was "pet friendly" & there seemed to be more dogs than people walking the hallways. Dogs would bark in the middle of the night. I did not notice any rooms that were designated "pet free" but I didn't explore the whole hotel. The pool was very small. The location is very near the aquarium and right off I-95. Very beautiful hotel but I could not get past all the dogs. If you don't want to be staying in a hotel with Fido then look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Judd W
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were only at this hotel for one night but would have gladly stayed longer. Very courteous front desk staff, clean lobby and breakfast area with the typical options.our room was very clean with comfortable beds. This appeared to be a new hotel and their rates were lower than some of the others we checked on. Conveniently located to the Seaport village and all other Mystic attractions.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Here for annual Mystic arts festival Comfortable lovely hotel, accommodating friendly staff. Immaculate rooms, lobby, and pool well maintained. We always stay here, never any issues. Included breakfast has lots of choices, really nice. Coffee, tea and juice available gratis around the clock.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton