“Great views, comfy bed but bad service”
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Great views, comfy bed but bad service”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The place is warm but the service is cold. The bed is very comfortable and the view from the room are great stuff this place can boost about. But from the check in staff to breakfast staff etc the attitude in general is very cold.

The glass panel of the fireplace of my room broke into pieces at midnight. I don't even know why cos the fireplace was set up already by the time I checked in. One gentleman came by the next morning to talk about the incident, apologized casually in a unsympathetic tone and attitude.

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank HazeSingapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Love this place! Stayed in Early Dawn (downstairs) and didn't notice (although it was not high season) much outside sound. Stunningly beautiful room, made me feel as though I was in someone's luxurious guest suite, rather than a hotel. Wonderful, huge, whirlpool tub was relaxing after a long day touring the area. The employees are delightful and so helpful. The breakfast had the best quiche I've ever had - and much more (as well as wonderful cookies in the evenings). Will certainly return - SI is easy walking distance from everything in Mystic!

Room Tip: There isn't room service, (couldn't make that go away on the form) however, there is a mini...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
SandraC970, Manager at Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to Steamboat Inn and Historic Downtown Mystic. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We arrived at the Steamboat Inn on October 14th for 3 nights and loved it! Our room, the Mystic, is a corner room on the 2nd floor and has a wonderful view of the river. The bed, the furniture, the entire room, was so comfortable and cozy. Breakfast each morning was included, it was good, and we were happy it was right there on site. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we want to give a shout out to Kristen at the front desk! The town of Mystic with its many different shops and restaurants is a fun place to visit, and the Mystic River with its unique bridge is beautiful. And you can't go wrong by staying right on the river at the Steamboat Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed one night in Oct while passing thru from Boston to NYC.

On the plus side; location is FANTASTIC, we had no trouble with outside noise interrupting our sleep, they made a decent enough cup of coffee in the morning (we did not partake in the buffet breakfast), and I'm always a sucker for wildlife outside my window (see photo).

On the negative side; the inn keeper (manager?) exhibited zero personality and warmth, hotel overall is a bit old & rundown, beds were cotton-candy soft and the frame of the 4-post bed in our room was so beaten up it appeared to be an original from when there were 13 colonies, and our room had so much (bad, old, cheap) furniture crammed in that it made it difficult to move around the room freely.

Unfortunately, there are not any better options in Mystic, which allows this facility to skate by providing the bare minimum, which is unfortunate because it could be so much more...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KuwaitiBob
SandraC970, Manager at Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We are thrilled that the guest in this review enjoyed the location of Steamboat Inn. It is unfortunate that the guest has the opinion that the furniture in his room was 'old and cheap'. As we are an Inn located in a beautiful Seaport town, our rooms do carry the traditional charm of antique furniture and eclectic pieces to compliment the Inn and the town we live in. The room that this particular guest stayed is on the smaller side, and therefore the furniture is situated to compliment the river view.
Our entire staff prides itself on giving our guest the best possible service during their time spent at Steamboat Inn and we have many wonderful guests who visit us again and again.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As part of our trip to the US this year my Wife and I stayed in Mystic for a few days and from reading the reviews we chose the Steamboat Inn. I have to say we weren't disappointed.

The Inn itself is right in the heart of Mystic, so it's very easy to get to the enormous amount of restaurants and bars that Mystic offers. I never imagined that you could have so many places to eat or drink in such a concentrated area!

The room at the Inn was very spacious, more like a suite than a room. The bed was very comfortable and there was a great view over the river. Breakfast was also included and both my wife and I found it to be excellent, as well as the home made cookies available later in the day.

I'd highly recommend the Steamboat Inn if you're thinking of visiting Mystic, you'll not go wrong.

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooms on the first floor, so you don't have people walking past your window fr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sussex, UK
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here while on a 3 week tour of New England and it was one of our favourites. The location is excellent being close to shops and restaurants and within easy walking distance of Mystic Seaport Museum. Our room (No 1 - Ariadne) was more like a suite with a large bathroom and double whirlpool tub. The bedroom had a very comfortable bed with a large sitting area and fireplace. Perfect to sit and enjoy the afternoon sherry and cookies! We had a lovely view down the river and found the room quiet at night. The only slight downside was the breakfast which was adequate but not exceptional. Having said that there was a generous supply of tea/coffee, water and soft drinks any time. We would definitely highly recommend the Steamboat Inn.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are right on the dock which is a public area, so choose a first floor room fo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This being my 1st B&B-type stay, and having read some reviews mentioning the Early Dawn room--the only one available at the time of booking--I was somewhat apprehensive. But having spent a good bit of time on the Inn's website, I trusted my gut and booked. SO glad I did!

Everything on their website is faithfully represented: what you see, you will actually get. Early Dawn was just as gorgeous in person: a large, airy room on the first floor. Previous reviewers described its 1st floor location as being uncomfortably close to the riverside boardwalk and the river itself. Since I was there in early October, I had few people walking by outside my windows and only a few boats came through honking loudly--not at all bothersome. During the high season, it could be a *very* different experience, but one rather unavoidable if you want to be right on the river as I did. The river views were gorgeous and the slight breeze off the water lulled me into the best sleep I've had in years. The room was immaculate, beautifully decorated, and had the biggest/nicest jacuzzi tub I've ever experienced--I was tempted to sleep in it J

Bottom line: a wonderful and serene stay. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Look at each room on the website to find the perfect one for you, and book early!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo